Register now to get rid of these ads!

For all the brothers in Irenes path.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blades, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

My prayers go out to you and your families. Be safe

2. I second that motion, prayers and be safe. Good sentiment blade.

Now ya'll make like geese and get the flock outa there.

3. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

Ditto ditto, be safe all!

4. Thanks, Blades! (edit - Pork and Larry, too!)

Our forecast doesn't look too bad, mainly ALOT of rain and winds below the national speed limit. Farther east and north, it looks to be a different story!

Prayers for all in the line of fire.....

5. Ricci32

Ricci32

We are going to take a beating near ny city. Keep our head down.

6. The weather map showed it hitting almost dead center on the Empire State building. I just can't imagine what a major storm surge would do to Times Square or Central park. That's just scary and not much scares me.

I'm headed out West this weekend but we may have to mobilize and head East before all is said and done. There are people that live in the subway this could be real bad.

7. Subway would be my biggest scare for NYC!

8. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I'm working the whole weekend the Chief told us today they will be uping our crews by one person. I have my g/f going to my parent's house with the dogs as I wouldn't be surprised if our rental completely falls apart. My firehouse covers an industrial/commercial area. It should be a ghost town when the storm hits

9. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Looks like the worst won't be hitting me (NYC area) til Sunday. Gotta dig out the generator tomorrow, and hope that it can keep up with my MIG......gotta make progress on the build! :)

10. Matt, My dad is a retired FF. Thanks for your service! You and yours are in my prayers, Bro!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  11. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Not gonna be great in upstate NY either . I don't really mind the storm because I have a good generator but I have too many damn LARGE trees right next to the house and garage.

12. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I WAS leaving from Baltimore on a cruise Sunday.............now Monday. Nothing like starting a day late.

This city goes nuts when we have snow. With the earthquake on Monday and the hurricane on Saturday night, that is not shit left on the shelves at any store

13. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Thanks Brett!!!:)

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh poor you I feel so bad HRM2k :D

My mom lives in Edenton, NC and had been encouraged to evacuate because she's on the water there and they are expecting 8ft surges. I talked to her today and hopefully she'll be heading here for cover for a few days. I just need to find a place for her dogs since we have two dogs and they'll end up in chaos.

15. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

Luck & good karma to all. My sons retirement ceremony from the Navy was canceled because of Irene so he could get out of Norfolk. He's happy to be safe but really bummed none the less.
    Stay safy all.
    Al:cool:

16. Guy's and Gal's please dont forget the pets too. Lots of hurricane experience talking here.

17. outlaw256

outlaw256

PRAYIN for all who live in the path.if any of you need to run but no place to run to, we live in n.alabama and youll be welcome here.cars,dogs we dont care.

18. I'm on Long Island, not in a flood zone. Anyone south of Route 27A is being evacuated, they just closed all the state park beaches. Going to be battening down the hatches later today and tomorrow. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

Bob

19. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Prayers for all of ya! Hope its mild

20. slick a&t

slick a&t

Thanks for the prayers.I've battened down the hatches and am as prepared as one can be.

21. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Yes pray for us no juicetricity means no HAMB! :( This could be an ordeal.

22. 58prostreet

58prostreet

I'm in Virginia Beach. Looks like we're gonna get our butts kicked sometime sat. afternoon and evening. I got generator fueled, all vehicles fueled and 52 Dodge and 58 Ford into garage. I have a creek behind my house and it over flows in a hard rain. I guess I'll see how bad it can really get. I'm about 13 ft. above sea level. Wish me luck.
    Bob

23. 58prostreet

58prostreet

P.S. Appreciate everyones thoughts and good wishes. Good luck to all u guys and gals in harms way.
    Bob

24. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

I am right on the coast of jersey in its path hope its not that bad i pray for my cars and house I can always swim lol thank you all for your prayers and good wishes

25. cl350rr

cl350rr

got everything tied down or moved in this morning. then I realized I'm not getting anything done so I busted out the welder and installed another patch in the old econoline. I feel better now.

hang in there folks, this too shall pass

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hahaha!!!

27. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Yea like everyone has said, prayers for you all and keep safe, I hope everything stays on the calmer side for all of you! Jim

28. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Thanks for the well wishes from us in NJ.
    Keeping my fingers crossed.

Pets are indoors now.
    Plenty of food and kitty litter for the cats, and me if necessary :D

29. onedge

onedge

Thinking about you all a lot. Good call Blades....Be safe!

30. dudley32

dudley32

Thanks...we're hoping it's just gonaa skirt by..we do need the rain..but I'd be happy with no land fall at all..here or to the north...