Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kiwi Kev has a new friend

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by OBFB HA/GR, Aug 26, 2011.

1. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

How cool was this, young dude comes over to talk to Kiwi Kev about his Willy's gasser, he's wearing a Willy's T shirt and was busy telling Kev that Willy's gassers were his most favorite car, do you think I could get my picture taken with your car he says, Kev says hey buddy get in we'll go for a ride.
    This little guy had a smile from ear to ear, well done Kev.

Attached Files:

-Brent- likes this.
  2. Well Done Kev , that young bloke will remeber the cool coupe and the cool owner for a long long time I'm sure . All while folks like you keep corrupting young uns there is hope for our hobby/lifestyle in the future .

3. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

That is very cool.

4. He was a cool dude,his name is Issak (I can't spell it) I believe his dad is a HAMBer. The young guy has a Willys project already, a 40 sedan that is getting converted to a coupe if I remember correctly. I took him for a ride around the pits. It is pretty loud in there with open headers, I gave it a couple of revs and asked him if he wanted to put his foot on the pedal and rev it up but he said no thanks. He and his dad hung around our pit for a while and watched Marky work on the PPE. Good guys!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011

5. farmer12

farmer12

Very nice gesture! We need more people like this!

6. nutter

nutter

this is the kiwi way god on yar Kiwi Kev

7. Kev,he'll never forget that,good on ya mate....man,your willys hooks up great,good to see it on the track.Bet you had a blast.

8. Very Cool.
    Bring it over here and give us guys a ride ..

9. that young guy is gonna be a hot rodder....go Kev, job well done.

Cheers,

Drewfus

10. Yeah,we need something to get us hooked into this hot rod thing...:D

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

12. Racrdad

Racrdad

Kiwi Kev is definately one of the good guys. As others have said, the boy will never forget.

13. storm king

storm king

Very good of you! I saw a guy at a Dodge Charger event who builds very nice "what if" and concept car recreations. This kid rode up next to his Charger convertible (a "what if" car) that he had just finished. Instead of freaking out, he just talked to the kid, told him that the proper way to lookk at cars was to park his bike across the walk, and then come over to look more closely. Then he let the kid sit in it and told him all about it. Both of you have the right idea of how it's done.

14. -Brent-

-Brent-

15. Kev is the man!!!

16. Way cool, that kid will be telling that story for the rest of his life.
    Can I get a ride too?!
    I'm in the pit crew now...my shirt says so!

17. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

good deed Kev You have the boy so motivated to get something going he wont know what to do first.good job.

18. Ricky B

Ricky B

That's a pretty neat story, My hat's of to you Kev !

19. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

VERY Cool!!! I can hear the stories at his day at school telling his buddies about his 'ride' in your car. That is the future of HOTRODDING right there & being influenced by us hooligans.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

20. toolman1967

toolman1967

Thats awesome. Whenever I get the chance I let the young guys and the kids get into the truck and check it out, go for a ride. You never know how much it will mean to a person to be able to touch and feel a hot rod instead of being told, Hey, dont touch my car kid"

21. That kid was pretty cool. Surfer hair and sunglasses. I put him the pushtruck for Squeaks sedan and let him ride with me down the dragstrip after the run to collect the racecar. The kid was thrilled. Scarred him for life I bet. Good times for sure.

22. This is the first hot rod I ever rode on, I was 12 or 13. Burnt my leg on the pipe when I hopped out, never told him.

[​IMG]

23. It is nice to hear that someone can take a minute to give a kid a lasting memory. Good on you!

24. About the same era for me too Kev.
    This was my first real hot rod ride.
    Thanks Barry.

[​IMG]

25. Plung

Plung
    from San Diego

This is going to be lasting memory for this kid forever. Who knows, perhaps a rodder in the making. Awesome.

26. 2Hep

2Hep

Kev very awesome man very awesome....reminds me of what happen to me at that age too...been hooked since!

27. das858

das858

Good job Kev, you were like a rock star at the hotel parking lot Friday night, everybody wanted their picture taken with Kev, and for good reason.

28. That's WAYYYYY KOOL!
    That short ride will last him a lifetime!

29. captmullette

captmullette

you will be blessed, kinda had someone do that to me years ago..... thank you sir