Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rumblers show shut down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratrod37, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Matt
    Whether an Angel got into a scuffel in a bar or not is a moot point. Even if an Angel did get into an altercation in a bar it shouldn't have much bearing on the show getting shut down unless the show were held in the bar. :rolleyes:

Never the less the derogatory comment comes from someone who doesn't even own a car or a bike and obviously doesn't read or understand English. Never the less I am posting the reason for the show being shut down from someone who knows just so the lady can read the official account again.

I wasn't at the show and probably won't make it in the future if it happens again. I do think that someone who has obviously has had their feelings hurt should at least get the facts straight before they go pointing their dirty little finger where they shouldn't.

2. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Why did the cops come to the scene, anyway? Did someone call them after the guy dumped his bike?

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Someone within the police force sees a large number of people in a small ? space in New York and panics and calls in the riot squad nuff said.

If it is done next year is there any way to get the vendors and awards area further away from the streets? That might help a bit. No less people but people not so close to the streets in mass.

And maybe get word to the idiot who decided he needed to show the world he could do a wheelie that he doesn't have an invite for next year. He wouldn't be the first person at a rod trot who made an ass out of himself and was told not to come back.

4. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

plym49...post 265

I am not a fan of cops at all but you summed up the deal pretty much right on.
    And I was a cop(not for long)way back.

5. 100% Matt

100% Matt

There was a heavy police presence all day.. Including numerous "undercovers" in the crowd

6. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I totally agree PorknBeaner:)

7. Here is the abreviated version of what happened.

I thought you might, somehow there are just a few of us that on this board that think the same way about things.

Finger pointing now that's just bad juju, there are almost always 3 fingers pointing back at you.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  8. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Makes sense.

It certainly was tight. Had to walk sideways to get past the cars in the center aisles.

9. Got shut down because you folks ain't noth'n but delinquent's....What,,,,,,,thats a good thing right? smerk

10. daveeeeee... its just the typical HAMB ..

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I was stationed at the reserve center in Brooklyn. Floyd Bennett Field (old airport) was where it was located. Is it still there? If so, why not have the show there? As I recall, there is a ton of empty space as well as old runways. With ADULT supervision, you could even have drag races. Why does this show need to be held under a bridge in the heart of NYC? Doesn't make good sense.

From the internet: The New York Daily News reported on December 14, 2010, that Andrew M. Murstein was considering the field as a possible site for a NASCAR track. Mr Murstein is president of Medallion Financial Corp. which owns Richard Petty Motorsports.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  12. Thet have it under the expressway for the shade, it's usually hotter than the devil's buttcrack here in August.

13. tintop58

tintop58
    from ny

The shut down was planned. Bike accident just an excuse! new brass making a name for himself. hopefully show will go on next year!!!!!!!!!!!

14. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Kinda like the 9/11 attacks? lol. :D

15. Special Ed

Special Ed

At least it took place! If it was gonna be this coming Sunday, it would have been shut down before it had a chance to begin ...

16. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i walked away from this thread awhile ago because i actually have better things to do like prepare for an incoming hurricane but i saw this post and i'm honestly blown away by this entire comment. you talk like its okay to weave in out of traffic, blow down the shoulder, do 100mph. sounds to me like your proud all of the time for acting like an idiot. i'd use more inappropriate words to describe how i feel about the subject but im going to keep it professional. The only thing i hear from you is "me, me, and me". "I am somtimes proud for acting like an idiot..." "I don't sit on a bike in traffic, i split.." etc, etc, etc.

The only thing i hear is "I don't care about myself or what happens to me." Well guess what BigNick; i could honestly care less if you care if you live or die. thats your choice and entirely up to you. what i dont like about you is that you're so incredibily self centered over acting like a 16 year old for the sake of being cool and showing off...that no where in your posts do you give a rats ass about the innocent people around. thats what bugs me. The only thing i hear is "people stand around and wait for us to act like idiots."

Do you ever think about the innocent people you're weaving around on the highways doing 100mph. Ever think about if one of them tries to change lanes and doesnt see you coming at 100mph weaving around cars, hits and kills you, slams into another car possibly killing them and then putting the lives of other drivers travelling at 70mph/80mph in serious jeopordy? Ever think about how you would feel if you somehow you survived but were the cause of death for some elderly man, grandfather, grandmother, mother, father, daughter or son or god forbid an innocent child and their family members? Ever think about that? Obviously you don't because youre too high up on your horse to come down to that level...the only thing you're worried about is acting young and dumb and careless with obviously no concern for those around you. And you want to know what: bad things can happen, yes they can. But they DONT just happen.

They happen because of you. Like i said before; you want to take your own life into your hands and kill yourself....then thats your choice but DON'T put the lives of hundreds of others during your travels into serious jeopordy because you think youre an awsome rider, skilled and you think you're so damn cool. well obviously youre not as skilled as you think you might be because if you were, you wouldve made that last wheelie; not dumped it. I hate to sound like a psychotic bitch but i've had way to many people in my life die on the road due to the actions of careless others and i can't believe i'm withnessing such a pompous idiot talk like he's joe-cool with not a care in the world for others. i hope one day; for the sake of the safety of everyone else...that reality slaps you in the face

i never meant to talk down on the event. i think its a great event, great cars, in a cool place. the show is popular and it has great potential to be even better. it looks like a fun event and maybe someday in the future we will go but i hope next year the police can keep this kind of behavior from occuring again

17. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

it's almost like you type these long responses in hopes that your opinion will actually over ride theirs. how many paragraphs will it take to make a grown man think that burnouts, wheelies, driving fast, splitting lanes and what not aren't fun.

here's a free tip, the reason they are all fun is because they are dangerous, if I have to type anything more that, you'll never understand, much like you could have just typed "you are a selfish dick", nuff said

18. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

im not saying theyre not fun. i understand why they do them and i've been a part of them too. im not saying that and im trying not to imply that they are not fun. people have a need for speed; i understand that. isnt that why we build cars and things to go fast and do stupid things? i just read his post and cant believe someone could be that self centered and careless and talk like its "nothing."

believe me; i have particapated in some stupid wrong-doings that were never a good idea. were they fun? you bet! could we and others have been killed? yep. while they were fun and stupid and completely wrong, yes they were. do i realize that? yes. i'm not bragging about it and i dont take pride in acting like an idiot unless I've made proper jdugement and looked into the best interest of others. people make mistakes, people do stupid things, peope make poor judgement. i get it...that kind of stuff DOES happen. in this instance...bignick sees no remorse for doing all of the above on a regular basis

people can do burnouts and wheelies and drive fast....but use proper judgement and do it where you know others are not in danger....not in a crowded parking lot, not on a crowded highway, not in a school zone or a neighborhood, etc. obviously there is no judgement or consideration of others in his decision making.

This doesnt go for just motorcycles. this is geared towards the hot rodders too. this is a hot rod foum, right? so far the majority of hambers ive conversed with on here have been very respectful.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  19. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

oh boy here we go

20. lgh1157

lgh1157

Where's the popcorn :D

21. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

You're better off walking away and putting it out of your mind sometimes, because some people never admit that they could be wrong. Especially on the internet.:rolleyes:

22. 1935olds

1935olds

What a shame, could be the end of a great show.

23. monsterflake

monsterflake

popcorn? fuck that, where's the valium?

24. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

agreed

25. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

It's not your place to tell other people how to live their lives. If you feel that strongly about it, then join the police academy and become a cop. . . this way you can actually make a difference. You can wait outside of car shows and write tickets all day long.

Typing out five thousand word passages on the internet to people who obviously don't agree with, or respect your opinion does nothing but make you the butt of joke. It's not going to convince anyone to change their driving habits.

26. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

im not tellign him how to live his life. im telling him to respect others so they can continue to live theirs.

27. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

have it in hotel ...with rules about everything from revving engines to the radio being turned on , dictated by the hotel's insurance company
    charge 80 bucks for the show cars and 20 bucks a head for spectators
    have bands ..charge more for tickets

than you have a car show
    no horseplay

28. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

im finished with this thread and moving on to more productive things to do today so if you have something to say to me; feel free to message me privately. Im not going to waste my breath on some pompous jackass anymore. enjoy your weekend.

29. Is this thing still around?

I fell out of my chair earlier, when the cops showed up they caught me hiding in the kitchen and one of them grabbed me. I said please don't hurt me I'll by a bagger and become a 99%er. But they shut my computer down anyway. :rolleyes:

30. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

I tried to stay out of this as long as possible but at this point it it's not....yes doing burnouts and wheelies and driving fast and all that shit is fun if it wasn't we wouldn't be in this hobby or business in my case....but do it safely not on the street where it's not only illegal but could hurt other people....trust me on this you don't want to hurt other people and secondly it ruins the show for other people...

Now for personal experience i had a nephew that was killed because some jackass was weaving in and out of traffic on the highway going in excess of 120 lost control and went off the road through the grass and pinned my 5 year old nephew up against a brick warehouse that he was walking along And basically cut him in half...the kid said in court I was just having fin driving and racing and I never thought this could happen to me....I'm happy to say he is in prison for vehicular manslaughter and he deserves any of that punishment...so is it really that cool when you take a kids life and spend the next 50 years getting raped in the ass all so you could do a wheelie, burnout, or weave in and out of traffic at 100mph

I also lost my step brother because he was being stupid and doing a wheelie and lost control of his bike and he literally skidded into oncoming traffic speed limit was 45mph where this happened. But he skidded into the path of a rig and he couldn't stop and got run over...

I'll also say to the guys who like to drink as much beer as possible at a show and drive home....don't it's not worth it...i had a DUI I been there don't that had no remorse about it...then 5 years ago my fiancée was t-boned at an intersection and killed...it's not worth it guys because you think nothings going to happen

I'm not telling you to not do this shit...honestly non of you would listen because your pompous assholes...I'm just saying be safe...there's plenty of shows with burnouts pits and if you wanna go fast go to a drag strip...when you assholes show off and do this shot and constantly break the law the cops are going to start perminately shutting down the shows...then no one wins....I'd tell you to use your brains but those of you defending doing this suit in the streets and putting innocent people in harms way obviously are completely brain dead

As far as the rumblers show goes don't plan on seeing it anymore....i have family in the PD there and as soon as it starts next year they are going to shut it down because of all the complaints about people doing the burnouts and wheelies and whatnot...so if you want some one to blame blame them and it's not just the guy at this past show but it's been ongoing complaints since the show started...and don't say it's cops who just don't understand...no it you being idiots and ruining the hobby and making everyone look bad...I really don't care what you say to me or your opinion is on this in the end it doesn't matter but when people do stuff like that that killed my family then to he'll with you