Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 Buick/family rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Danger, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Danger

Danger

My wife wanted A/C and what my baby wants my baby gets! Thermador car cooler. I have been also working on my radio, I have it working but the speaker is blown. I get my tires Thursday:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Danger

Danger

Anybody running <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:placeType>Lake</st1:placeType> <st1:placeName>Pipes</st1:placeName></st1:place> on there Buicks? There is no room under my 55 and I'm trying to figure out a way to run lakes and duel it out the back too.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

3. Danger

Danger

Got the tires on today. Now its time to start on the exhaust. I'm going duel it out the back with some lake pipes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

That wheel & tire combo looks dynamite.

5. jonahboo

jonahboo
    from NJ

i too have a 55 - Dual exhuast is kinda tricky due to the frame layout - post your progress on this

good luck

6. Danger

Danger

You like the black rims or the hub caps?

7. Danger

Danger

Your telling me! I took it to a shop here in town and the guy turned me away wouldnt even touch it! I think I have it figured out though I'll post some pics when I start

8. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

It actually looks really good both ways. In its current style, with the rough original paint, I think the bare black rims look just a little bit better. But if you end up painting the car, I think the full wheel covers would compliment the paint job better.

9. dirtball666

dirtball666

how do you get the satin bumpers? is that paint? or a flat chrome finish?

10. Danger

Danger

Anybody know where to buy Bullet caps for the buick rims, There 3.5in holes I think and I cant find any that big

11. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

You've got it solved already, but I had the exact same problem on my brake shoes. After spending a whole weekend with a buddy, he mentioned it to his dad, and his dad said HE had the same problem on a '55 Chevy years ago, and to take a strip of emery cloth, lay it over the shoes, and sand them down until the drum slides on. The emory cloth follows the contour of the shoe and shaves them pretty evenly over the radius.
    We spent two days getting frustrated, but 5 minutes with the emory cloth the shoes slid on perfectly.

-Brad

12. 55 Pete

55 Pete
    from Miami

Nice...I likes that AC

13. Probably need to check with Alex Gambino. I checked, he's got 3.25" but he also has some bolt on that look like they may work. Give him a call, I'm sure he can fix you up.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  14. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Man that's nice!

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool that you got it running and driving. Wish I could find another one one of these days.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  16. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Wow you scored
    Pops had a 55 when I was a kid
    Tri color charcoal and white with a red top
    I loved that car
    I built a model of it from a Revell 56 kit had to rework the portholes
    He loved the model

17. Cranny

Cranny

Good luck with that! I found some push thru bullet caps that fit thru the wheel but wont fit over the hubs unless you want to machine the hubs down a bit. Here's a pic of my 54 and I'm in Idaho also just a little farther north.. You have a nice ride man, I wouldn't even paint it leave her like she is!!!

Attached Files:

18. Nice job on your dash, looks great! What products did you use to bring it up so nice?

19. elanore56

elanore56

Nice Buick! Looking forward to see the progress on it. Here a pic of mine. [​IMG]

20. downunder55

downunder55
    from australia

IMG_0624.jpg IMG_0625.jpg

Looks good , i love 4door hardtops!!!!

Heres mine!!!

21. Century

Century

Nice Buicks guys.

22. 73super

73super

Wow.. what timing on reading this. I just pulled mine into the shop yesterday to begin work. It's been sitting awhile while I've been working on my '49 Chevy. Right now I'm just staring at it trying to figure which way I want to go. May do a full frame swap.. just not sure yet.

Keep up the great work! Love that Buick!

100_3507.jpg

rear pulled3 7-3-10.jpg

radio-1.jpg

rear pulled2 7-3-10.jpg

23. O'Doyle

O'Doyle

Gotta love the 4 door hardtops man and that vintage AC looks great.
    I look fwd to more updates.

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

O'Doyle

24. LMDGUY

LMDGUY
    from Phoenix

It so great to see other mild custom buicks! We been working on our 55 Super for a few weeks now. We did a axle swap with disk brakes, chevy tranny, drop up rights from fat man and scare bird brake swap. Car is air bagged front and rear. Was wondering what size tires you guys are running?

25. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

26. The only thing better than a 50's Buick is a 50's Buick fast back, they just keep disappearing before our eyes. Nice car man I love it. Rags

27. boomosby

boomosby

here is my 58 buick man, have to re rooof it though...but will be awesomo, four linked, and monte carlo front end, bagged...long way to go, keep pushing man!!!

Attached Files:

28. boomosby

boomosby

:Di am also doing a fourdoor hardtop like yours, not a buick though, but your car gives me inspiration for mines, esp rolling the patina look

Attached Files:

29. O'Doyle

O'Doyle

30. Danger

Danger

Its car club'in weather so out comes the Buick. I've gone through all the ignition and she is running goooooddd!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]