Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Last Hotrod and of all thing's a roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr. Mac, Apr 9, 2011.

1. andrewdrexler

andrewdrexler
    from Fresno, CA

Thanks. Most of the frames I have seen are fully painted, so when I saw the picture of the back half of the frame masked off it stumped me since it was intentional.

2. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Mr. Mac, Your "T" is coming along great. Is going to be one neat Kookie T !

Dave

3. the-rodster

the-rodster

We love it!

Attached Files:

4. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

You are exactly right,less attention

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I like it, especially the proper use of Norm's 4-bar setup. Tom Ivo's was also done this way, (one of my early creations was, too) Those Moog tie rod ends added up real quick!
    Jing, jing $$$... LOL

This car is a compliment to the Kookie style: well engineered, and very clean.

6. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

Hey, I'm 67, built my "last" rod three times now. Once I get done, I find I'm not ready to quit building. I am finishing up two now, a 36 ford and a 55 chev. Both frame offs. I am looking fot the next "last build" car now.

Your T looks great, I'm confident that once you are done with it, the "urge" will hit you and you be off doing another. We are as young as we want to be. Gary

7. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love your car. It looks a lot like one I built and drove in the late 60's early 70's, except I couldn't afford the neat looking headers. Mine had a 270" Dodge hemi and really went very well. From what I can see, you have left the doors functional. That's a good idea, as mine were welded shut. I don't think I could jump in and out anymore like I did almost 50 years ago. I am going the same route now and have my current project as a rolling chassis. This time, I am going with a full touring body, so I can push the seat back so I can have some leg room. There won't be a back seat because of this, just a platform over the fuel tank where I can throw some luggage, tools etc. Taking more than your comb along has always been a problem with buckets.:rolleyes: I am also building it with a slightly longer than normal wheelbase so I don't have to squeeze anything in when building it. The passenger side door will be functional.

I am building this with parts I have accumulated over the years, so the power train will be out of a wrecked '50 Ford sedan with 42,000 miles I bought 20 years ago. I am using the rear end with the 4.11's changed out to a set of 3.55's, the complete overdrive set up, and the flathead. Some may find it a little odd looking (especially with people sitting so far back in the body), but this one will be built with an eye towards comfort and practicality rather than style. I guess living with one of these beasts from back in the day really left some impressions on me.:D

8. Car looks AWESOME..
    I'm kind of in the same boat. That kid in us just won't go down. My best friend says that's evidence of our immortality. I think he's right. :D
    I'm just a "kid" at 56 but that's what I want to build too. Still want to take that "Then Came Bronson/Easy Rider" dream Harley trip too.
    Huge Thumbs up to your Roadster.:)

9. It's look goood man.
    I'm 18/62 And I drive a 28 Model A roadster.

10. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Can't lose with a roadster!

11. jfg455

jfg455
    from NH

1: love your build! keep it up
    2: Hate to see you quit at only 64....
    3: by you guys math I am 1/40 and have 100 more cars to build!:eek:
    4: I better get off the board and get buildin.....

12. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Glad to see it's coming together for ya. Those trips to the plater, (although expensive) were well worth it. The chassis looks great, can't wait to see the body on for the final time.

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

13. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Thank's guys for the positive comments.

14. GJC

GJC
    from Santee CA

Love this build, almost exact to what I'm soon to start building! Subscribed.

15. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Update Time.I'm getting real close.All I have left is glass,wiring,flames and striping,and upholstery.And all the little stuff that dont fit just right:mad:.

Attached Files:

16. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

thats kickass

17. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Awesome! The car really looks good!

18. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Looks outstanding!! Subscribed and looking forward to updates!

19. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Damn that's gorgeous!

20. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

If you didnsome white panel striping it'd look bad ass. Will look good regardless though.

21. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Lot's of white striping coming soon.

22. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Looks like you nailed it. And your shop is damn nice too...

23. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Thanks for all the nice comments.:)

24. 80vette

80vette

Mr. Mac.......not to worry. I'm 70 and building a 32 roadster. Yer right about gettin out from under it though........LOL Hang in there.

25. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Time for an update,Ive been workin.Wiring done,glass is in and the upholstery is done. All I got left is the flames,striping and a cover over the front spring perch.And of coarse working out a few bug's

Attached Files:

26. NealinCA

NealinCA

Neat car! Looking forward to seeing the updates.

Neal

27. Nice looking bucket and it should have a little more room than the snandard T-Bucket.

When you break the rear get the center out of a ton truck and modify the axle bells for 9" ford axles. You can send them to me if you don't want to mess with it I'll modify them for you. It won't break. ;)

Anyway nice looking car for a T. Never thought of putting an A bed on a touring front.

28. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

thats a beauty , enjoy a great looking little car ,

29. PRB

PRB
    from Az

Man you nailed that T bucket/street rod look

30. You absolutely NAILED IT! This car is the epitome of the term "hot rod". I can't look at your pictures without smiling and thinking "damn, I want a car just like that one". Congratulations!