Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. I'm sure he meant Kaiser.

2. boomosby

boomosby

that hurts me dearlyyy:mad:

3. slick 65

slick 65

local yard out by me, gobels auto wrecking, lots of cool stuff prices are super reasonable and the owner will let anything go.

these are just some off the beaten path of the yard, my phone lost all the cool pics
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  4. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Post some more pics as I would like to come up and see if there is anything I can use in there.

5. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

I saw this '58 Edsel Ranger sitting along the edge of a farm field yesterday here in NW Ohio so I stopped and asked the landowner about it. He told me he bought it five years ago from a guy who purchased it at auction in Indiana. He said he planned on restoring it but has had a problem getting it titled (a clear title was lacking in Indiana). He said he did have the car in in his barn for about three years but had to move it out to the edge of the field because he needed the space. He said it has sat outside now for two years. I don't understand people leaving these and other gems to simply rot in the elements. Such a waste!

Attached Files:

6. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

its a checker four door. i would love to get it out of there

7. The Edsel above (in the field) is a 59.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  8. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

sorry i was refering to the blue four door thats sitting on top of of the other car. is a checker four door

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

10. froghawk

froghawk

It's a Rambler. Checker never had a wrap-around windshield or rectangular vent windows.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

Good eye on that one...

12. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

The guy who bought the Edsel and pulled out into the field told me it was a '58 (at least I thought that's what he said) but it's definatley a '59. Thanks!!!

13. joel torres

joel torres

found this one sitting in my driveway and it wont leave :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and this was given to me with a rebuilt motor but don't know what im going to do with it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

you are correct and i tip my hat to you sir. i just saw the ribed door frames and thought checker.

15. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

16. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

17. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

All three of these post were from the same place in South Texas, when we went out there, a guy told us that the man had all these cars for many years, and if someone even mentioned buying one from him, he would run them off. He also said, they were all good running cars when they were parked. Geez...........

[​IMG]

18. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Hoarders. All of them. They don't care, just have an itch to scratch. They probably have a foot wide path thru their home to walk on with crap everywhere.

19. abone1930

abone1930

So I take it that the stash is found and for sale? Lots of goodies, and the 33-34 ford 5 window :D

20. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

Alot of people always knew they were out there, the family hired two old men to clean the place up, which consisted of selling the stuff. However, they kept most of the cars that were of real value, including the 34 5 window. We tried real hard to get that one from them! Bad part is, the guys who kept all the good stuff were very old and stocker dudes, so I doubt they were going to do anything with the cars except move them into their own pastures to rot some more..........
    We did buy a 1937 Ford Truck, I got a banjo steering wheel and some cool hub caps. :)

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

"Bad part is, the guys who kept all the good stuff were very old and stocker dudes, so I doubt they were going to do anything with the cars except move them into their own pastures to rot some more.........."

And the cycle repeats itself. Track them down and start bugging them. Keep tabs on the hoard. Eventually they'll be too old or will pass and the cars may become available for us builders.
    (Looks like the roof of a 2nd 34 5/w poking up behind the pic of the 34 5/w?)

22. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

Here is a 30 coupe that a guy drug out of the brush.

[​IMG]

23. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

And the cycle repeats itself. Track them down and start bugging them. Keep tabs on the hoard. Eventually they'll be too old or will pass and the cars may become available for us builders.
    (Looks like the roof of a 2nd 34 5/w poking up behind the pic of the 34 5/w?)

Oh, we have their phone numbers, and call them occasionally. It was a 4 door behind the 34. There were many more cars out there that I didn't get pictures of, caddys, buicks, all kind of good stuff. Probably made 10 circles walking around that place, just to make sure we didn't miss anything! It's weird, because it makes you sick to find everything in that sort of shape, but your happy to be digging through it at the same time. If that makes any sence???? <!-- / message -->

24. abone1930

abone1930

I go down to Coleto creek with our Jet boats regularly. Have buddies that live in victoria. Keep track of that stuff, another 10yrs of sitting is not going to be good on them. Took me 15yrs to get this one. There proably 20 old dodge and ply. truck (1935-1940) and cars around the corner from me. Old dude want sell one. And he is a resto dude too, dont say Hot rod :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

25. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

Oh WOW, we live only 10 minutes from Coleto. Actually, you can only take jet boats out there if you have under water headers now, they will not let you in if you have the over transum headers. We sold our jet boat about two months ago.
    Yea we call them from time to time to check on it. Bad part is, all that stuff is right by the coast, so its rotting faster than usual.

26. CalGasser

CalGasser

In a yard in Hanapepe, Kauai. Not for sale - "gonna build it some day"... ha!:D

Attached Files:

• car.jpg
      car.jpg
      File size:
      319 KB
      Views:
  27. Here are a few. Diamond T truck.

[​IMG]

Assorted cars and trucks

[​IMG]

Anglia panel

[​IMG]