Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Project!!!! 53 150 sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CopperBandit, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Thoughts? Comments? Ideas?

Just picked this extra solid 53 up on Sunday morning. Im pretty sure it was at one time listed for sale in HAMB classifieds... If the previous owner sees this Id love to know the history. ANYWAY-its a pretty nicely finished stock 53. The guy I bought it off of seemed to think the motor was beat. I have a later 235 at the shop and was going to drop it in, but decided when I got home Id try to get it running. 2 hours, a cap & rotor, a pushrod and a valve adjustment and the friggin thing runs great!!!!!! Now I just need to score some wide whites, a dual carb intake, and a header. ANYBODY GOT THIS STUFF FOR SALE? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Somebody has to have some ideas other than lower it and shave the handles!

3. give it a nice rubber rake and maybe bring the front down acouple inches throw the side trim back on it and some lake pipes and DRIVE it

4. I dont think it ever had side trim... its a 150. Thats another thing Im hunting for though (Belair trim)

5. That went over well. Noone likes 4 doors?

6. i thought the 150 and the 210 both had a single strip of stainless down the sides

7. car53

car53

I'm a 4door fan! I just picked up a 53 210 sedan also. I have all the side trim that Im not gonna use. It's all off and I will inspect it if you are interested in 210 trim. I hoping to get some pics of my project posted for all to see.

I will for sure following your thread.....Should be a nice project and they look great no matter what you do to them!!!!

8. oldblue1968chevy

oldblue1968chevy

Im a 4 dr fan we gotta 53 belair my great grandma car from field in Ia 97% original, minus tires brake system,fuel system, lightbulbs,rebuild head

9. kolor me kustom

kolor me kustom
    from Dallas, GA

Nothing wrong with a four door .More doors , more fun. Here is my 53 in the works.

Attached Files:

10. cederholm

cederholm

NICE! I love it! Hope you keep the colors.

...I'm working on a '53 210 moredoor myself. Since last Oct, I've dropped it 3" (Jamco), completely redid the engine bay, added a dual exhaust with Fenton headers and Ported mufflers and crammed three carbs on it. I just nosed and decked it and now I'm trying to get all the panels to align before I start the body work.

~ Carl

11. Sounds nice! Did the tri-power and the headers pep it up noticably? I just ordered an offenhauser 4 bbl intake and I have a holley 450 Im gonna re-jet. I havent ordered the headers yet but Im looking. Love that split sound!

12. Your car looks great with the wide whites and the belair trim!

13. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

You're gonna run a 4brl on a 235?? You don't need more that a dual carb set. Anything after that is way to much fuel. Unless you punched it out and ran some gnarly cam but even then. Stick to the dual carb intake. Also was gonna offer you my bel air trim but just realized it's off a 2dr. Good luck with the hunt.

14. The 4 bbl was suggested by the guy that runs my local speedshop. Its only a 390cfm going on it... his logic is tunability. I like the look of the dual 1 bbl but he hasnt steered me wrong so I gotta go with it.

I have a 53 2 door as well... Im interested in the trim!!!!!!

Attached Files:

15. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Shoot me a PM my good man and we'll figure it out on the trim

16. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

imho, the t5 and a holley weber swap was the best thing I ever did to my 53, that and a new rust free gas tank.

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

""(1) Rubber windshield molding instead of the stainless trim that was used on the 1953 Chevy 210 and 1953 Chevy Bel Air. (2) Plain body sides without any molding. (3) Rubber gravel guards mounted on the front of rear wheel well openings. (4) No rocker panel moldings. (5) Unskirted rear wheel well housing and (6) No series nameplate. On the inside of the 1953 Chevrolet Special 150s was a standard steering wheel, single sun visor on driver side, rubber floor mats and very plain upholstery.""

[​IMG]

18. smaller rear window?????

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

yeah... funny they did not mention that. it is the most significant difference

20. That was one of the big reasons I picked the car up! The smaller back window seems to lend itself to an easier chop than the wrap around. I guess we will see... The car turned out to be so solid that I almost dont want to start hackin' on it.

21. J53

J53
    from WI

150's didn't have clocks or ashtrays next to the speaker either. You could get an ashtray that pulled out from the bottom of the dash though. They were also void of the chrome disk in the center of the speedo. The stainless band on the side of the front seat was also missing as the interior was very basic with no stainless trim on door panels.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  22. I was able to get a 2 carb offy and fenton headers thanks to my friends here on the HAMB... I will get some pics up of the setup ASAP. For now the car has been awesome! Looking for some wide whites//////

Attached Files:

23. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

I got a visor on my 53' that I'm thinking of selling....interested?

24. 1 month later.

Attached Files:

25. chigger

chigger

I never even noticed the smaller back window . Learn something every day