Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage **HAMB Drags 2011 Photos and a Big Thanks to Ryno!**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malcolm, Aug 21, 2011.

1. mow too much

mow too much

The battery died in my camera, but you took a bunch that I would have taken........great pictures, thanks. The weather was great, overcast all day.

2. ryno

ryno

it was great to see you guys again!
    Jen looks like a baby sleeping with the wind in her face.

the lasso technique was awesome. i told him when he asked for a piece of rope or wire, that if that stunt worked he would be the ultimate fuckin boy scout!, well he IS!

3. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Had a blast.We should do this every weekend.Another thanks to Ryno for help with the 27 chevy.

4. Great pix Nick! Thanks for sharing. That axle was a mess. I've broken one on the road before, not fun. Good thing he had an extra.

5. hkestes

hkestes

Nick,

Good to you guys again. Thanks for sharing.

All Jen needed was to have Claire (Ryno's dog) curled up with her.

6. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Great time Nick and some excellent shots. Still can't believe how fast the axle repair went, and Ryno...your a saint. Gary

7. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for the great post Nick, really cool to see Rob and Dick on the strip together. The hoodlum was beautiful in its thrashing debut, and the hot rod Lincoln ran like the bandit it is. Seeing Kerry run was super special, a all around great meet. Ryno is about the coolest cat on the planet and we are so proud to be able to call him friend. Having a cool shop to repair Jasons fFord is unheard of, as well as a lift from the track to the shop. Plus Ryno assisted Dick in getting the 27 Chevy project, to cool. Ryno for President!! Joplin treated us very well and it was good to spend some $ there, the devastation was hard to see. Sure was sad to not get the ol Ranch /Wagon there, we were able to get two trannys to try a fix from my buddy TJ. Mercury on the hamb, these are super sweet folks who's Dad drove all the way into Oklahoma and brought the trannies back to us. Unfortunate they didn't work, but the kindness and friendship is beyond reproach. Great to see a ton of good friends and making a whole bunch more. Hats off to the California crew for such a thrilling scene, all three rides were beautiful and exciting. Good to see Norm and Reggie ans some of the Kontenintals up for the gig in there sweet rides. Ah yes, Denise! Thanx to all for a rockin good time. ~sololobo~

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  8. Great pix thanx and now there is something else to do for the bucket list....

9. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Lee, somehow I missed you over the weekend at the Drags AND at the Pileup last year... crazy! :confused:

Hopefully you enjoyed the weekend, too!

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nick it was great seeing you again. Awesome time had by all!!!

11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Uh, dang. Sure had me convinced.. There sure are a lot of similarities, like the stance, shortening the body, a Hemi, etc..

I'm checking out both links right now. Thanks.

iPhone - TJJ App

12. Thanks for the pics Nick..swell job

13. billys54

billys54

14. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Looks like a good time was had by all. Great to see the Little Honker out there giving them hell and the match up between Kiwi Kev and Don Moyer had to be legendary!

Thanks for the pics Nick!

15. 18n57

18n57

Thanks for posting some great pictures!! The '37 Chevy turbo six I have seen at Indy; it is awesome fast. Looks like too much fun to miss again...maybe next year I can do HAMB drags and Bonneville....

16. BLAKE

BLAKE

Stellar pics, Nick... and good seeing you this weekend!

17. Thanks for the pictures Nick. Good to see you again.
    Later,
    Dick

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great to see you all, too!!

19. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Thanks for the pics! Great shot of xderelict and I at the line.

20. Cool to hear that he had an extra pair of axles, wondered what the story was and how he was back at the parking lot so fast...

21. haychrishay

haychrishay

Great pics ! Thanks ! wished we could have been there this year. And Ryno is definately a great person, he helped us last year when Scott's truck broke the throttle linkage. I thought of Ryno when I heard about the tornado. looks like he is doing well

22. Thanks Nick. I try to live vicariously through the photos at the hamb.

23. jho

jho
    from Omaha

I had a great time again this year. It was so awesome of Ryno to tow the Obama and let me use his shop. I also want to thank you Nick for the pics and setting up the hotel room.

24. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Beef curtains... don't forget about the beef curtains!

25. jho

jho
    from Omaha

I prefe the blue waffles

26. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Thanks for sharing the great photos, Nick! I love Jason's Galaxie! I gotta make it down there next year!

27. Yuk!

28. damn i forgot about that till just now.....

29. Conder

Conder

Brian, Kiwi Kev, Lippy...and the rest of you kooks are my !@#$in' HEROS. Brian, if they ran 7s smokin' em in the '60s (and the '80s), so can you. It was a beautiful thing seeing the Ghost run in that video, it must have been awesome in real life!

30. ryno

ryno

you guys have issues!
    good times fellas, cant wait till next year!