Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone in Eastern NC feel that?!?!?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brett4christ, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Felt it in Toronto.

2. I'm about 30 clicks west of Charlotte...shook the dishes in the cabinets for about 20-30 secs...Amazing thing is that my dogs went on alert right before things got shaky..
    Stan

3. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Felt it here in Woodruff, SC, It wasn't much but felt it none-the-less.

4. ardyboy

ardyboy

Felt it here in Niagara Falls.

5. Deuces

Deuces

I was in West Dearborn when it happened.. Didn't feel nothin'...

6. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

A guy called in here on the radio and said both his dogs threw up when it rolled through Columbus. My wife txtd me she felt it, I didn't feel a thing.

7. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

It's funny my wife called to tell me about it. I didn't feel it at all....

8. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

So that's it. No wonder people think they are dumb....lol.

9. Barely felt it...but hey I just moved her from SoCal and am I thought the ground was supposed to shake

10. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Felt it up here in NNJ / NYC area!

11. scottb356

scottb356

Yup. I was sitting in a chair bagging up paint samples, building started shaking, looked out in the parking lot to see my Volvo bouncing around. A friend of mine in Toronto e-mailed me to see if I was o.k. and said he felt it up there. Mildly exciting, for about 30 seconds...much like sex :rolleyes:

12. About 10 of 2pm I heard a truck's beeper as it was backing up making a delivery.
    Then the whole building started shaking..I thought some numbskull had hit a structural column & had just kept stepping on the gas.
    Then we started scrambling for the exits.
    The image of that stage collapse in Indiana was still fresh in my mind.

13. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Rarely get to enjoy a little afternoon delight. Today was timed perfectly. Just not long enough for a multiple though.

Thanks Mother Nature!

14. Ha ha, thats whats i was going to say. :)
    Its six months this week, since the Christchurch quake. :eek:
    and they are still getting aftershocks.

15. Deuces

Deuces

Just seen all the damage on the 5:00 news... Damn! :eek:

16. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I was in a supermarket in Cherry Hill, NJ and shit was tumbling off the swinging and swaying shelve units!! Almost got hit by a box of Kotex!

CB

17. Funny thing is I was seated at my computer at work and felt the chair vibrate and mentioned it to my daughter and one of the employees that I think I just felt a slight earthquake.

She laughed at me and said it was just me having a reaction to the new hypertension medication I started a couple of days ago,,and work resumed,then one of her friends sent a text from Virgina tell her about a earthquake,,vindication!:D

I do hope no one suffered any property damage and everyone is OK. HRP

18. realkustom51

realkustom51

I was in Baltimore, MD at 12:00pm and Richmond, VA at 2:00pm, then drove to Hickory, NC by 5:45PM. I didn't feel anything. I must have good tires!:)

19. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Nothing here in South Jersey. Early reports say it was caused by a fat stipper falling off of the pole:D:rolleyes:

20. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Shakin not stirred. Whole building shook for a brief moment.

21. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got it in Greensboro. I was in a meeting in our conference room and everyone just started looking at each other and someone said,"what is that?". We later d'oh.d out what THAT was. That was my first experience with an earthquake.

22. Special Ed

Special Ed

Buncha amateurs... :cool:

23. Bikerjim14

Bikerjim14

Was reportedly felt up here in Maine but I didn't feel a thing.

24. kingsrider50

kingsrider50

I felt it here in Denver, NC. Woke me up on the couch!

25. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I was in a 62 ford truck on the lift working under the dash. I thought someone was messing with me gently shaking the truck.

26. jroberts

jroberts

There was an explanation about that on the news this evening. Evidently the west coast has smaller plates that are not connected thus the vibration of the quake is more isolated. On the east coast there is a very large plate that extends over much of the eastern part of continent thus the effects of the quake are spread over a larger area. Evidently this is why the seemingly "smaller" quake on the east coast might seem to be much larger than the numbers indicate.

27. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda
    from Virginia

So I had the garage door up and I was leaning into the trunk of the Barracuda when I felt the car move...or was it me? Then I heard the roll up garage door over my head shaking in it's tracks and thought, "uh, thats a heavy door, I hope it doesn't come off it's tracks and come down on me and the cars". I stepped out of the garage but by then the shaking had stopped. First time I've felt an earthquake in Virginia.
    Talked to a buddy who I was supposed to meet for dinner tonight. He's 34 miles from the epicenter, and he's cleaning up all the stuff that came off the shelves. Mostly a collection of diecast cars and tractors. He hasn't even gone out to the detached garage yet to make sure nothing had fallen on his 71 340 Duster or 68 Fury convertible, but he knows the 70 Challenger RT in the attached garage survived. Also called another buddy who lives even closer. He was on the road driving home from Massachusettes, and didn't feel anything. He was still a couple hours drive from home when I talked to him. I hope their house and his 67 Charger and his wife's 69 Hemi Super Bee are okay.

28. edweird

edweird

they felt it in charleston,s.c. but i did not.

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Armagedeon's only a little over a year away!:eek::D Time to stock up on Ramon noodles and water.:D

30. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

House shook a little here in central PA.