Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '62 Ford Unibody LSR Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mctim64, Mar 23, 2011.

1. daddio211

daddio211

We have a LOT of really talented photographers on here, but Mike's work always stands out to me. Cool shots!

Hey, did he take any shots of that gal riding the bike? I'd like to see those! :)

2. Even Mikeys talent can not show leslies true beauty like seeing her in person!

3. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Tim, those pictures really show how pretty that truck is. Something about the dead flat line of the salt against the mountains and the sky just works!

4. Love the sound of that Y-block!

5. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

That "takes the cake"! :p

6. lucky ink

lucky ink

great job..love this truck. keep us posted

7. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I enjoyed our short meeting on Friday. I was kind of shutting down after having just arrived on the salt and wish I was more alert. A Y block on the salt is great. I have seen ring gears with small tabs welded to then, recessed into milled slots and a couple of 10-32 screws through them. Not an unusual way to lock a ring gear on to a small flywheel.

8. crowen57

crowen57

This has got to be one of the best pics on the H.A.M.B. in a while!

9. Mike does great work! Even with my ugly mug. :D LOL

BTW, I've been told these shots are gonna be in a certain truck mag. ;)

10. Hey, I was the guy that he allowed to take pics along side him. haha. I am still going through all my pics from Bonneville since I left Bonneville and then went to the Historic Reunion in Monterey. haha! Here are a couple though. I am sorry I never got to see it on the course running though!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yes, those are some great photos of that truck Racecarshots. And one hell of a good looking F100 that proves that a race truck can be fast and look great at the same time.

13. Thanks for the pix. Looks good at different angles.

14. I have a bunch of photos of your truck. Figured I would put them in a gallery and email it to ya when I am done editing.

15. Cool Beans! :D

16. daddio211

daddio211

Don't hold out on the rest of us, we all want to see them too! Those are GREAT shots!

17. thishero

thishero

Great shots, and a great thread. Just found it, thanks for letting me go along with you on a be-lated run.

18. Tim just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to pit for you and see 416 do its thing, I really enjoyed my first Bonneville experience thanks to you and the Uni. Even though I am still getting salt out of the ol ICT, man salt gets into places there aren't even places..............

19. BIGDADDYUSMC

BIGDADDYUSMC

Hello
    We weren't far from you in the pits at Bonneville. Wanted to come over to say HI & check out Uni. BUT the salt gremlins were messing with us & I didn't get much time to just cruz around. I was with Fred Lobello & his belly tank.
    [​IMG]

I'm a Y-block F-100 freak myself. Got a 1964 short bed Custom Cab F100 in the works , I'm putting a 57 312 in it. Here is a photo of my truck the day I bought it.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a pic of the top end of my 312
    [​IMG]

As I said I wanted to stop by your pit at Bonneville & say hi , but only got a quick look as we towed our Blue Thunder Slug past your pit.
    [​IMG]

I was thrilled when I found your tread. Hopefully I get a chance to see you run at El Mirage or Bonneiville next year

Randy Chenowth

20. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Guys,Just so you know Tim and Jake made their first run at El Mirage this morning ! Jake's first pass was 124.301 ! The announcer was going on about how neatly turned out Jake was. I think he missed a few sponsors but they know YBLOCKGUY.COM was there !

Dave

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Glad you found your way here Randy. Since you decided not to sell and ship the 312 to me I hope you will actually put it to use after it has sat dormant all these many years after being built in the early 60s.

I've been talking with Tim, and will be shipping him my 312 to be built this winter.

22. Got an update from Tim, he is stuill on the road. Jake ran good, two runs. I think Tim REALLY wants the serious motor done..................stay tuned ;)

23. fbcoach68

fbcoach68
    from SOCAL

I saw your truck first hand today at el mirage. Beautiful truck runs and sounds great.

24. First time out for "Jake" the LSR Uni at El Mirage. He ran 124 mph although the tach was showing enough rpm for 133 mph. I think it's time for a little weight (I'm gonna start with about 200 lbs) in the back to help traction. Note that the coarse is pretty well broken up in the video. Also note how straght the truck runs, I can't get over how much better this truck handles than the "Brick". Thanks Todd!!

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fsa4YnvHtLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

25. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Good to see ya, also glad the truck went straight on it's frist trip on the dirt. I got to run in round 2 and what a hand full.

26. One other thing I would like to mention, as much as I like to drive "The Brick" just notice how straight and stable "Jake" is going down the coarse. Kudos to Todd for his suspension work!!! ;)

27. Thanks!

I know how it is to have to work in the pits when you would like to be looking around. Charlie Burns got a chance to look around this year since I got so much help from Tman, Carl and the crew, he said it was a whole new expieriance for him.

We'll see you out there next time. Since you didn't sell your engine to Larry building him an engine this year will give me much needed funds for the "new" engine for next year. ;)

28. 65COMET

65COMET

Tim;that old Y-Block sounds real good!!!! It sounded like it was loosing traction at times.What type of rear tires are you allowed to run?How much difference in traction between Bonnivelle and El Mirage? ROY.

29. Sounds great Tim. Looks like you got the clutch master taken care of and she sounds wonderful at full song