Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pasadena Roadster Club: Resigned.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dennis Lacy, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

Hey Everyone!

Since I have come to know quite a few of you thanks to the PRC Reliability Runs and quite a few of you have come to know me as one of the go-to-guys for PRC and Reliability Run information, I wanted to give everyone a heads-up that I have officially resigned from the Pasadena Roadster Club. I won’t go into details and I don’t want rumors spreading that I don’t like anyone in the club, because that is NOT the case. I spent 6 years as a member and have carried a large weight from the club on my shoulders most of that time. I’m simply ready to be free of it and go back to just being a guy with a hot rod, free to enjoy the hobby I love with no work attached. I am also at a point where my future wife and stepson deserve my focus and not to be put second because I have a car club to keep organized. This decision didn’t come easy and honestly has been a struggle within since the last Reliability Run in May 2010.

I had a good run with the PRC and we made one hell of an impact with the Reliability Runs. I wish them the best of luck in all that they do and hope that they will continue with the Reliability Runs because, frankly, I wanna play too!

In the future if any of you need to get in contact with the PRC shoot me a PM and I will provide contact info.

- Dennis -

:cool:

2. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Dennis, thanks for post. I too hope the runs continue, they are one of my favorite events. I'm sure you'll have more fun as a participant that an organizer. Hope to see you soon.

3. brady1929

brady1929

good luck, thanks for your service

4. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Dennis...thanks for the post. I have never met you..but, have followed the post, the Run and all the post on this site. All I hear is good things from the guys that have participated. Family first...
    Simply...a true rodder!

5. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Good luck Dennis. Enjoy the hobby as a hobbiest should.

6. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

active club memberships can be a second job!

7. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Good luck with your "retirement".

I know how you feel in regard to organizing a run - we are doing just that out here. We are having an invitational run for 50 cars, based on the PRC's pre-36 format for January 2012.

8. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

Thank you for the supportive comments, everyone! I definately agree that family should ALWAYS come first. Something I couldn't have understood until I had one.

9. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

good deal Dennis, when is the wedding? so happy for you and katie give me a shout if you need anything, tell the old man Hi

10. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thanks Dennis for all the hard work...the PRC Reliability runs were always fun and a great way to see a lot of cool cars.....even coupes......;)

11. cruzr

cruzr

Dennis..........Best of luck in the future. Thanks for all your hard work with PRC . I also hope they continue the Reliability Runs ,its a highlight for 32gal and I for sure.

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

ya gotta to do what ya gotta do-too bad that others would not step up and take over your responsibilities so that you could still be a member. I helped start what turned out to be a very large car club, still going, that put on a big once a year car show/cruise nite. at same time i was in charge of running an employee association at work. just had to step away from it all and let others do the job. if something was only staying alive because of me with little or no help it maybe was not that important in the first place. still a member of club but, only see other members once in a while. miss a lot of activities but, in long run much more at peace with myself. yep, was raising a family at time was so active with car/work stuff. all it takes is for people to step forward and help with one part of things that need to get done. then one person does not carry such a big burden. plus, was using my own $$ to fund logo, etc getting made up.
    people can have a lot of good times with or without a car club.

13. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Dennis,

I lived in Pasadena at one time ('63-'64) and love the place !

Wish you all the best, and wish the PRC continued success...both with the Club and the Run !!

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good for you!----You made the right choice!
    The one thing about ANY organization is, there are "doer's" & "watcher's", this is prevelent in Boy Scouts--Little League--Etc. Same thing in car related activities.
    Don't know you, but I can tell you from my lifelong experiences of 79 years.
    Like the above HAMBERS thoughts,---Get back to enjoying your ride, & include the new family, everything else will fall into place.
    I'm sure that members of your "club" appreciate all of your past commitments & hard work!
    You can always put off car stuff,---But you can't put off the family, the kids grow up way too fast!!-----Don (a great grampa now).

15. grandet23

grandet23

I really like the PRC run. The only complaint I have (living in the midwest) was event coverage. I think what the club stands for is great and I love seeing all the cars. I wish to see more photos of each car participating in the event.

16. OLLIN

OLLIN

good luck Dennis,

man I sure hope they decide to still to the reliabilty run. I had set a deadline for myself to finish my 29 by then so I could do the run!