Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HERSHEY! right around the corner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skidmarks, Aug 17, 2011.

1. willys1330

willys1330

That will be the end of Carlisle for you!

2. Skidmarks...have you notice how many vendor spots are empty during the Spring and Fall Carlisle? And how many 'auto-related"???? craft stands have started to pop up?

3. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

You will never go back................:D

4. noboD

noboD

The only thing at Carlisle worth a hoot is a ham and cheese.

5. Clark

Clark

Doug....the ham,egg and cheese rules too! Now if we could only get that at Hershey.
    Clark

6. noboD

noboD

Amen, that would be perfect. They only do Carlisle and the York Fair. With the new "greed system" at Carlisle I'm surprised they didn't leave like everyone else.

7. 270283

For years I've been parking in people's yards outside the gate where they had the bullshit tarps. The people make some money and I get a shorter walk. I've been going since it started but not sure if I'll go this year. May just save my money and legs for Hershey.

8. Clark

Clark

Not sure how many know how hard Carlisle productions hits the bathroom attendants. The attendants have to pay for the TP, cleaning suplies and more. They have to pay it out of their tips. Otherwise they get no pay from Carlisle.

The covered fence is bullshit. What about being a good nieghbor? Those people have to put up with the events. They should be able to make the best of it.
    Clark

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Last time at Carlisle for Debbie and me was 30 some years ago, guess we haven't missed much.

10. noboD

noboD

No shit!

11. noboD

noboD

They mowed the grass on the showfield today. I'm a Ready Freddy.

12. Flop

Flop

going wednesday and thursday!! how bout one of you guys brings a 30 or 31 ford roadster body for a good deal!

13. noboD

noboD

The only construction I know of that would impact Hershey is coming off of Rt.81 AT THE RT. 39 EXIT, which is where they tell you to go?! They have the bridge all screwed up, it's one lane. Rt.743 would be a much better choice, or get off Rt.81 at Grantville and then travel west on Rt.22 to Rt. 39.

14. noboD

noboD

Skid, they've had the square of Hershey tore up all summer. But I think it's fixed, they have the lights working again. I was traveling to work on S 743 to 283 for several weeks, nothing going on there. You should be fine. I really don't understand their message with the stickers.

15. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

So far Ive only got 100 saved for hershey,Im saving early I cant wait.Put off going to macungie,Sales are in the toilet right now ,So Ill try to do some wheeling and dealing........

16. nitrohemi

nitrohemi

the square in hershey is fixed now. makes a huge difference.

Can't wait. going wed and friday. last year I didn't go. then the boss sent me on a job in hershey while it was going on. That was like ripping my heart out

17. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Will roll in Tuesday sometime and set up spots RCL 28-29. Will bring some treasure. I've got to get down in the barn and dig out the OLD stuff......

18. bob giles

bob giles

Stop by C4I 25-27 for a drink or a place to rest.

19. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

whats the dates again,,,,,

20. noboD

noboD

It's ALWAYS the first full week of Oct.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Got my Hershey stickers, AND the internet service was restored today, I missed you guys!

22. noboD

noboD

Did you forget to pay the bill, '37? How'd you fair in the storm?

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Power and internet went out Sunday. Lights came back Wednesday, internet was on when I got home tonight. HAMB withdrawl is not something I deal well with. We have crews from Florida and Colorado getting things back to normal. Out yard was fine, along with this section of town, but others are still without powere. I feel real bad for the folks up in Vermont, they got hit real hard.

24. noboD

noboD

There are big trees and corn down all around here. Most everyone has electric by now. I go by the showfield everyday, it's ready!! And so am I. See you soon.

25. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

When is it ?

26. noboD

noboD

27. noboD

noboD

Ok dudes and dudettes, just came through the square of Hershey about 10 minutes ago. It's f'ed up. It is one lane both directions so I wouldn't be going that way. Skid, if you follow your plan and go rt.743 through town, east of the old chocolate factory, and hit HPDr. you're in the clear. Or go 743 to 322 past AACA Nat'l and the Med. Center to 39/HPDr.

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

We've come in on 743 since 1969, hard to change old habits, you get to remember the Red, Blue and White fields and all the great deals you found there in past years.

29. noboD

noboD

'37, you are on the north end of 743, your best route still. Skid, That way takes you through the square, bad bad. Follow 743 past the middle school and it comes out at the OLD Hershey factory where the bushes say HERSHEY and the smoke stacks are straight in front. Go right about 100 yards and go left to the stop sign. Then left across the RR tracks to the Park Side bar and go right, takes you to the Turkey Hill. Google a map of Hershey, you will see the way, I have faith in you. No one will know that way and you won't hit the mega mess in the square. Skid, if you promise not to tell '37 I have one I'll give you my cell number in case you get lost?!

30. is the park side bar the place that sold the 1/2 chickens cooked on the outside grill? i thought they were good and was wondering if they are still there?