Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rumblers show shut down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratrod37, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Big Nick

Big Nick

I wanna change! I really do, I see my problems, I admit them and I want to do something about them!

2. Ready for next year.

Attached Files:

3. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I agree with Farmergal's basic concept: when you go to one these events, bring with you all the respect in the world for all the hard work and dedication that the host invested in the event. Don't be disrespecting the host by doing something stupid to mar the event. Even though this wasn't the official reason that the show was shut down, leave the childish and selfish antics at home.

It was a great show. My wife, my son and I all enjoyed the event, and we're sad to hear that it ended poorly.

But we look forward to next year's event, without a doubt.

4. Jimv

Jimv

Your trying to justify a fuck up,Driving like you did is nothing to brag about & not that "cool".It doesn't make any of this right.
    To be honest this isn't really HAMB worthy & should be shut down
    JimV

5. So you dont like the way nick rides. I would get all over him myself but then how would I justify being a dirty no good when I was young.

Every time I see someone get on someone else about their driving habits or a saftey issue I have to go back and check on my own habits.

Lets see do I talk or text while driving? How about adding a couple of miles to the speed limit, or maybe driving 30 in a residential? Ever change lanes without signaling? Have a glass of wine with dinner?

I could keep the lost going as long as anyone is willing to read but you all catch my drift right?

A lot of folks got their panties in a bunch because someone pulled the front wheel at a car show. Originally it was righteous indignation because they thought that the fella got the show shut down, then when it turned out that it wasn't him after all or brother that may or may not have smacked a cop in a bar it becomes a safety issue.

Give it a rest for christ's sake done is done.

6. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

ya but what if............

7. 62dartman

62dartman

Another great Rumblers show! I really hope it doesnt get squashed because of a couple of "minor" incidents. I cant believe how big it was this year (I guess the secret is out!). I really hope they can keep the location, there is just something about those type of shenanigans goin on right in the heart of the city that makes THIS show special!

8. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

9. 62dartman

62dartman

And the wheelie man should really catch a break cause i think the road rash and the verbal abuse he must be gettin from his boys are enough punishment!!! I'm soo glad there isnt a youtube video of the stupid things ive done!!!

10. gonzo

gonzo

Best post in this thread, I just laughed out loud at this!

11. andexxx

andexxx

Great show every year....poe poe was looking for any reason to shut it down...the fight just sealed the deal.

12. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Yo, cops shut it down because this guy was scaring the public with his skull face mask!!! buahahahahahaha Pic from hot rod online.

Attached Files:

• r1.jpg
      r1.jpg
      File size:
      52.6 KB
      Views:
  13. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I dig the saddle bags with the built-in training wheels!! What a poser! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

14. Joe Riot

Joe Riot
    from N Y of C

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  15. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

O.K. so what's the deal, how come this show got shut down ?

16. Refer to post #1 - #226 please.

17. This is not a joke- Post number 130 has the answer, hope that helps, TR

18. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Had to be there...

19. Big Nick

Big Nick

now this made me tear up, Im so sorry!

20. slammed

slammed

Here: Much better topichttp://youtu.be/6VQK0hCU4RU

21. This was my 3rd trip to the show and had a great time. A testimony to it's success is that it is spilling over to adjacent streets and parking lots. That's both a blessing and a curse as it's impossible for the Rumblers to control. It's time to move it to a closed venue where they can charge admission for spectators and seperate the show from the streets and parking areas. I love the way it is now but obviously things are going to have to change.

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

good video - thanks for posting.......
    from what I can seefrom your video - it was MUCH more packed 2 years ago and that was when the hurricane blew in........
    did you start getting video after the cops rolled in and told people to leave?

23. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I did not take this video - just doing a favor for others so they can check out the mean looks
    ha

24. Joe Riot

Joe Riot
    from N Y of C

Hello. Not my video, just posted it directly from youtube. But yes, this show was definitely the biggest one yet. Spilling over to 3 whole parking lots + the side streets. As you saw on the video, this was filmed towards the end of the day and when the cars were asked to leave. I personally still had the best time regardless of.. Great job with the show RUMBLERS!

Looking forward to next years, bigger and better show!

25. TORR

TORR
    Member Emeritus
    from BOSTON, MA

I just heard Pat Pryor was the guy who dumped the bike...

26. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

say it aint so!!!:eek::)

27. Clik

Clik

"WE ARE THE POLICE AND WE ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR SAFETY AND WELL BEING AT THIS OVERCROWDED EVENT THAT WE WILL BEAT YOU HALF TO DEATH IF YOU DON'T LEAVE, NOW!"

I wasn't at this event but I was half beaten to death by riot cops; even though I was a hundred yards away and outside of said overcrowded event (Steppenwolf concert, College Park, MD).

28. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Steppenwolf concert?? Must have been when everone got there motor running?!?!?!!? WTF, this was a Rumblers show not a hippie fest!

29. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Does anyone have any photos of that straight axle 59 Chevrolet???? That is pure wackyness

30. The37Kid

The37Kid