Register now to get rid of these ads!

Relix Riot III Gilmore car Museum Hickory Corners MI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Low Flying A, Jul 5, 2011.

1. WOW! What an awesome show and venue. The wife and I enjoyed celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary there Saturday! Thanks Relix CC for an awesome event! Will definitely add it to the calendar for next year and bring a few friends.

2. twofisted

twofisted

Different Strokes cc had a BLAST!!! Thanx for the goodtime,gotta get somemore of that Apple Pie! Wheres BIG Scorp when ya need him???

3. Griznant

Griznant

Went to the show and took my 3-year old. I was really surprised at how much he really got into it. After about the fifth time around the show in his wagon he wanted to keep on going around. We high-tailed it just before the rain really hit, but the show was a lot of fun and the cars were great.

I was surprised at the amount of tractor-grille cars. I didn't think that sort of thing was kosher at this type of show?

4. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

Brian...you are a top notch fella. Thanks for the help.

HUGE thanks for the jump from the '60 Pontiac. That car was bitchin.

Matt's friend had a car in the show (forgot his name) which I borrowed some cables from earlier and a jump pack...thanks!!!

This is a great show ran by great fellas. I met some new folks under some less than favorable circumstances which turned the whole experiance into the best weekend I have had all year. I probably only saw half the show until the rain hit good. Rather than stand in a barn all day I walked around just the same to enjoy the cars. There were some beautiful rides out there...glad to see the rain did not scare everyone off. I wish we could have stayed later to enjoy the acrobatical stuff. Did anyone else see the gent riding the BSA standing up with no hands? Badass.

I intend to return next year but I will be staying much closer so we can get there earlier. That was my biggest regret...not getting there early enough.

Modifications for next year include a wiper and a functioning window for the drivers side, and a new windshield seal...maybe I will bolt the hood on too...

5. The cars were top-notch, not a rat rod to be seen. Killer location, and great people. We had a great time, see you next year!

6. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I had a blast! Got there early friday afternoon, checked out the museum buildings and grounds. WoW!! Top notch. It was alot nicer that expected! Bands and entertainment were awesome. Especially left lane cruiser. They rocked it. Everything about the show was great. Nice people "Relix" and spectators. Great cars. Sold some art/tshirts at my booth and made some new friends, what its all about. Hope to be back again! Nice JOB!

7. Slammed_66

Slammed_66

I will have to disagree on the rat rod part, but awsome show none the less

8. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

What he said. ;) I'd post a few pics as proof, but I didn't waste the pixels! The "No Art Cars" suggestion was subject to interpretation. Not that I should judge...

Brian

9. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

A big thanks to the Relix car club, and again thanks to Flyinbrian for your help. What a great show, you must mark your calanders for this show and make it out next year.

10. Loved your T man that car kept calling out to me. At 6'4 it would be a tight fit:D

11. koolkat269

koolkat269

I agree, i liked both T coupes that were there.

12. I agree but enjoyed first time there. Will be back next year

13. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

I would say there were very few rat rods.

Then again, people tell me my truck is a rat rod. :rolleyes:

14. Overall the quality of the cars was great. There were a few sketchy ones , but very few. You could count them on one hand.

I had a great time and will plan on attending next year. The Relix should be proud.

The only complaint is the weather kept me from meeting a few people that I would have liked to chat with. Next year will be sunny and 75.

15. bonechop113

bonechop113

There were a few garbage barges there but these were not allowed into the show. The Show was inside the center circle and drives on either side. Any car (and there was alot) that didnt meet our STRICT rules were asked to park in the swap meet area and didnt get a dot on the drivers headlight. Again, the swap meet area is not part of the show, but anyone asked to park here are still welcome to come enjoy the grounds.

We did the best that we could with policing this, but with any car show of this nature there are people that sneak in and move there cars when none of us are around. One even went so far as to park at the drive leading into the swap meet area... the closest to the show that he could get.
    So yes, you may have seen some cars that fit the description of R** Rod but you cannot control what some people bring to your show.

16. Great job guys! Hopefully next year I'll be able to stay a little longer.

My girls had a great time, although their favorite part was the double-decker bus.:rolleyes:

17. I'm hoping to have my 46 ford tail dragger done in time to come up to next years show in my OWN car for a change.
    Matt

18. As someone involved in a show geared to what we on this board like it's very hard to turn some people and cars away like The Dad and his sons in the "hot rod black" 46 ford with the 5 star aluminum rims that so wants in and his kids are awwing and pointing, hard to say no to, as a dad and a guy that wants to be able to enjoy " the car thing " for years to come. We work with what we get and wecant be too strict than we become like a country club or something. No sense beating the rat rod thing to death. My Kustom ( yes with a K ) is in Primer and it's a RR in most everybody that doesnt get it's eyes.

The show ruled!!!! We ( Poor Boys ) all had a great time and plan to come back next year with more cars and some new rides.

P.S. F the weatherman !!!!

19. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

Thank you guys for the nice comments, can't wait for next year's show.

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf