Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1950 Chevy Styleline Special!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by black240, Apr 8, 2011.

1. baremetal48

baremetal48

Here's some pics of my 50, maybe it'll give you some ideas!! Good luck with it and the marriage!!

Attached Files:

2. black240

black240
    from Houston

Lol yeah I got it from him when he just had two days getting it from the paint shop not one flaw at all everything was overhauled from the engine to the suspension and even the interior.

Since you know these cars here in Houston they get turned into drift cars messed up kits and interior I had to jump on this one because of the condition it was in.

For sure bro your can help me I am trying to have it running for my wedding Sept.2,2011. i know the fuels have to be made from the carb to the fuel filter and probably tune the carb and brake work. The pedal goes all the way in with hesitation at all.

3. black240

black240
    from Houston

:eek::eek::eek: That is one bad ass fleetline!!!!!!! Thanks I am trying to hold on there its expensive to get married thats for sure.

4. cwayne

cwayne

Make it look like this one............

Attached Files:

• 108.jpg
      108.jpg
      File size:
      249.4 KB
      Views:
  5. loco 52 ragtop

loco 52 ragtop

6. black240

black240
    from Houston

I have three options on the paint that I really want. One of them is just incase money flow is not there it will be the last resort but the main one was involving candy violet with candy lime green not going to say how they were going to tied together though my little secret.

7. black240

black240
    from Houston

I like those caddy Hub caps and the car too.

8. black240

black240
    from Houston

I like black but the only way I would paint it black would be flat only. They look nice but to hard to maintain black glossy paint but either than that the car is really nice I trade you:D

9. skyrodder

skyrodder

love the tail lights brother!

10. black240

black240
    from Houston

^^^ Thats what i was agreeing also it flows with car really good.

11. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Man I wish you lived around here-we'd have it going in an afternoon! And as far as I understood it Houston is a hotbed for nostalgic rod and customs dude! Texas has many many like minded car freaks!!!
    Either way you're a fortunate guy-best wishes!!

12. BadLuck

BadLuck

cool project... ur gonna have fun! keep us posted....

13. black240

black240
    from Houston

Yeah there are a lot of hot rods here but I have not seened many customs here you do see them but not quite often like you see all these fixed up hondas which I,like also but I would love to see car meets like crazy just to hang out and see some cool cars.
    this is the caddy that i had that I got rid of to get the 50'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. black240

black240
    from Houston

I will but I guarantee to you it will be slowly but surely.:D

My ideas are racking up.

15. black240

black240
    from Houston

Move to Houston lol I have a 4 bedroom house:D

16. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

^^^LOL^^^ Hell of a wedding gift!!! Prolly better weather though:)

17. black240

black240
    from Houston

^^^ Weather here is unpredictable it could be hot in the morning then freaking cold in the afternoon or vise versa.

Houston weather is never been told right by the news.

My wedding gift is another ride and get all my tats done.

18. black240

black240
    from Houston

going to bed. I will be on here sat.

19. black240

black240
    from Houston

Met Chuck (cyclesounds) on sat. really cool person and his ride is awesome as well. Hope to start on our project soon. I a=will make sure I take pictures.

20. 50styleline

50styleline

As you can see in my avatar I have an itrest in you progress. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

21. Nice looking car. Nice and striaght, the best way to start. Get it roadworthy and enjoy it for a while. Like was said earlier, cut a coil or two, put some lowering blocks in the rear and drive the crap out of it. Take a look at chevytalk.org. Alot of 49-54 guys over there. Todd

22. It has been said before but please do yourself a favor and get it running and drive it before you make any major decisions on what to do with it. As an example of what I'm talkng about the visibility in that model is a problem for some people. I've had two of them, a '50 and a '51 and I've been looking for one to buy since last fall. Good luck with your build, keep us posted and don't hesitate to ask for help on this board. Just FYI, there are several build threads on this car here.

23. black240

black240
    from Houston

I will trust but it will be slowy but surely.

24. black240

black240
    from Houston

Yeah I am going to focus on getting on the road first. A fellow hamber offer to help me out and we will make sure to take pictures oh he has the blocks for the rear and plan to buy them.

25. black240

black240
    from Houston

Thank you for all the compliments. I am planning in getting on the road first and then we will start moving on body wise. But fog sure I am going go try at least to put it on the streets. Don't worry if I have a question I will fir sure ask.

26. jetcycles

jetcycles

I just found this thread and wanted to welcome you to the H.A.M.B.! I'm not too far from you and have a pretty good grasp on these old chevy engines now. Shoot me a PM here or on Motohouston and I'll try to come out and give you a hand. We can take a look at the brakes at the same time as I just finished rebuilding my entire braking system. The knowledge shared around here is priceless, hang around and you'll learn A LOT!!!

27. black240

black240
    from Houston

I know i have not posted any new puctures of the car because it still sits the same way as you see it now the wedding is taking all of $ but after this i am hoping i can focus on tge project but my father has asked me what i want for a wedding gift and i would really want a model a sedan or a 47 chevy coupe wich djlatin is selling but the model a are pricy right now just for the shell.

28. GREASER13

GREASER13

Great project dude, im in the same boat with my 49 styleline. Take it slow and do it the style u like and nobody else...

29. robleticia

robleticia

Nice ride 240! Take your time and don't rush anything, need any help, give me a shout!

30. jetcycles

jetcycles

Is this car still just sitting around unused? Shoot me a PM with your phone number and I'll help you get it fired up in an afternoon. Your motivation will increase once you hear her run!!!