Register now to get rid of these ads!

M/T 3 Bar Spinner ID Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Racrdad, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Racrdad

Racrdad

I have 2 different styles of Mickey Thompson 3 bar spinners. Can you guys help me out with some info on these such as years offered and how rare they are? They are not for sale so this is not a "how much are they worth" kind of question. I have 3 of the oldest looking one and only 1 of the newer looking one. Would like to put a full matching set together one of these days. :D

Attached Files:

2. Deuces

Deuces

Those are pretty cool....

3. F&J

F&J

I don't know how many wheels M/T carried, but those were used on M/T Raders. Mid to late 60s I think I read.

I forget the website name, in the Pacific NorthWest I think; the site has many used and NOS wheels, centers and spinners with good pics. I want to say he is Torque Thrust Terry on Ebay? ... but I could be way wrong on that.

4. Terry R Vaughan

Terry R Vaughan
    from wash state

The M/T spinners you have show up in 1965 - 69 catalogs. the round ear is the most common. The spinners had push thru bases and where used with the Rader - spoke style & Medallion - slot mag style wheels. (There are other M/T wheels also).The Spinner with open square tip is called - Indy 500 Knock Off. here are some M/T pictures. www.torquethrustcentral.com Terry

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

6. F&J

F&J

^ hot dayum... :cool:

7. Racrdad

Racrdad

Thanks guys I appreciate the info! The bottom ones with the red in the center in this pic causes me a problem though. Now I have to find some of those too!:cool: And that is one beautiful Impala you have there bobwop!

Attached Files:

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks Racrdad!

I am a wheel critic. Kind of a character flaw I guess.

I was at a big Cruise Night near Milwaukee last week with the 61. It had onlookers all night long. I happened along just in time to hear a fellow correctly educating the others about the Tri-ribs and M/T spinners. They were all saying good things about my choice in wheels.

It really made my night.

sorry, but I don't have any centers to help you out

9. PontiacRoss

PontiacRoss

I have these, maybe somebody knows, are these suppose to be left and right? If so, I have 4 all one side AAAk Not good, Anybody want to trade for 2?

Attached Files:

10. PontiacRoss

PontiacRoss

Just Gary likes this.