Register now to get rid of these ads!

Busy Bee Bakery and my morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by camojams, Aug 21, 2011.

1. camojams

camojams

So about a month ago I bought a 49 ford from my brothers girlfriend that she inherited. I have no Idea all that was done to it so ive done some asking around and just some hear say is all I've gotten.

So fast forward to this morning I thought that I would take my son up to Busy Bee bakery where there is a weekly car show so I could maybe find someone who new the builder and shed some light on the car so we went and THERE IS ALWAYS THAT ONE FING A HOLE to ruin the whole time I walk in with my son and wife and the first thing a guy sitting down says is the girls name who I bought it from thinking my wife was her I said no thats who I bought the car from and he then asked what I paid for the car I was polite and said I dont think I should say. That was part of the deal so he started off by saying God damn big fucking secret and went on and on keep in mind I have my three year old standing next to me so I say no need to get all pissy about it. so we get our baked good I just get coffee now that he ruined my appetite we went out side to get away from this creep and noticed he went out to to a group of guys and is still going on about it we hurry and let my son eat his food and leave Im not sure we will ever go back to what could have been a weekly thing for my son and I. anyway guess Im done venting.

2. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Ok...so whats his issue with you having the car?
    Your only telling us little bits of the story.

3. camojams

camojams

There is no issue with me having the car maybe he tried to buy It and is pissed about not being able too other then that I have no idea what his deal was.

4. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

So that would make you stay home and never go to that PUBLIC event again?

I'd stick a "NOT for sale" sign in it and hang out for hours...(with the BIG friends I brought along just in case! Hahaha)

Seriously man...that sucks...but you can't let it ruin your life!
    I'd have to go back a few times until he got his steam all vented or your just gonna be looking over your shoulder expecting to see him EVERYWHERE you go!
    You'll NEVER enjoy the car that way.

5. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

You shoulda told him she gave it to you or you traded an old Honda Civic for it. Really piss him off.

6. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Did you see that "Myth Busters" episode where they blew up a hot water boiler?
    Think that in human terms! Hahahaha

Who knows though...maybe the poor guy was trying to get the car for years!!!
    I'd be pissed too if I saw it drive up to me right outta the blue!!!
    He still has to get over it.
    Give him time and the pressure will go down....slowly. :)

7. Sounds like there`s more to the story,who knows....

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Guess the Assholes are bigger in Texas, sorry you kid was exposed to the jerk. Don't let him effect your enjoyment of the car or hobby.

9. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Yeah, I'd shake that off pretty quick. It's none of the guy's business...
    I love GassersGarage's idea about a "trade" or she "gave" it to you for something she wanted that you had. Go by yourself a few times and check out the rest of the crowd and their cars.

10. camojams

camojams

Yeah I did ask a guy that sat next to us about another shoebox that I parked next to and he seemed to kinda give me the cold shoulder he new the previous owner as well just not sure if thats a friendly seen.

11. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Weird...
    What happened to the previous owner for your "brothers girlfriend" to be selling it?

There seems to be a real backstory to this thats just dragging me in!

Enquiring minds want to know!!!!!

Pics wouldn't hurt either! LoL

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

A-holes seem to have surfaced in more recent times, I started noticing boldness in the mid-'60s. (I'd guess since drag racing became a major 'spectator sport', and non-car people wanted to become car people, or just drink too much and be 'somebody')
    It is more rampant now, and it is identified as 'entitlement'.
    Another wrinkle in the 'Health Care' bill.

I would definitely tell that honiok it was a gift. BUt I've got an axe to grind. I wait for these jerks to come up. Billetproof and Goodguys are most predominant.

13. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Asking what you paid for something, especially by a stranger, is just plain rude. Whenever I'm asked, I smile and tell them it's really none of their business.

14. jipp

jipp

i would like to see the rig.. sounds like the previous owner of the hotrod was not all that liked.. if they are all pissy over how much you paid for it.. seems odd.. and i would never ask a stranger how much he paid for something out of the blue lke that.. seems rude and frankly none of my damn business.

o well, shake it off give the car gathering spot another try.. this heat gets everyone's panties in a bind it seems. haha, if you do not feel welcomed.. then dont go back and find another one.. peace.
    chris.

15. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Never know...maybe the guy actually built the car and never got paid or something!
    A million things coulda happened....

16. camojams

camojams

Oh I forgot to say that I parked next to a hamber in a model A cool car hope he wasnt the guy. Ill post some pics later if anybody knows the car and doesnt want to be a dick I would like some info on it

17. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

Really sorry to hear this, I was going to stop by this morning but was helping a friend and didn't get done in time. I don't stop often but these are normally pretty good guys so I hope you don't go by what one jerk said.

18. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I was "that guy" before. I was on my way to purchase a 56 Pontiac for $2500, on my way to the guy house he calls me and sez, " my wife decided she wants to keep the car". 2 weeks later at a show I see some kid in the car and I aske him how much he paid and he told me $4500. I guess it was about the money and not being a man of his word. I wasnt a dick about it to the kid but the person who dogged me on the deal WAS (past tense) a friend of mine.

19. anteek

anteek

That would have been a time to very calmly explain to your kid what a jerk was AFTER getting the guys name. When my yougest was 5-6 something similar happened and he still calls the guy A** hole when he sees him,20 years later. Most bystanders still give him a thumbs up. I didn't know the kid knew any profanity.

20. camojams

camojams

heres the car all the fuss was about any info on it would be appreciated

Attached Files:

21. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

go buy yourself and be right up front with the guy in non confronting way and ask.that way it will be from the horses mouth[or ass depending on his explanation].

22. camojams

camojams

Im not sure what you mean Harpo I dont really care to talk to that guy again no matter what I say to that kind of person they just wait for there turn to talk they dont really hear what you say. I also don't know if he know anything about my car or not I have no Idea what his problem was other then I wouldnt tell him how much I paid for it.

23. Joey7319

Joey7319

I would not worry about it. People often act like you stole their car when you buy one they wanted.

24. monsterflake

monsterflake

yeah, it sounds like there's a back story on the car. that, or, the guy's a dick...

25. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Rise above it, go back, be cool and let the jerk see your a better man than him. And maybe bring some friends and their cars with you.

26. camojams

camojams

that sounds like what ill probly do just really got to me probly cause my son was there but that was a good thing i would have been more of an ass then that guy if he wasn't. and as soon as i get some cash Ill be making the car more my style and maybe I wont get this anymore.

27. 408 AA/D

408 AA/D

Sounds to me like the guy's last name is "Head" and his first name is "Dick". He probably named his son Jr. :D

28. camojams

camojams

That was my first time bringing the car out so hopefully I wont get the same response next time.

29. jbtine

jbtine

I think you were parked next to me. I wondered why you dissappeared so soon. I think I was standing in line behind you to get one of those cinnamon rolls and coffee. Don't let one bad apple ruin it for you. It's not just at Busy Bee. There are Jerks comming out of every corner every where. I haven't been going to Busy Bee too long having moved from Pensacola back in the winter and Pensacola has it's share of jerks. I have met quite a few nice guys at the Busy Bee. Even ran into a guy who use to be stationed at Eglin AFB and both of us were in the Pensacola Rodtiques in the middle 70s. Come on back and enjoy yourself and if the asshole just has to know just tell him some ridulously high price or even a low ball one to really piss him off.
    It's your car. Kind of reminds me of a guy that use to cruise Haltom City area in the 60s in a 57 ford. We were always wanting him to burn the tires. He would just smile a say "I built this car for my enjoyment NOT your entertainment."

30. camojams

camojams

Yeah I was parked next to you cool ride man I've been digin the A,s alot lately Ill be back up there Im sure just crazy how that guy was acting.