Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 Hamb Drags @ Mo-Kan My Pics...

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by NEALS49, Aug 21, 2011.

1. NEALS49

NEALS49

2. Big Daddy's HRS

Big Daddy's HRS

Wow cool pics my family and had a blast, you have a couple pics of our car, it's the HotRod Black 55 with no hood and 20" wheels.

3. Garyr

Garyr

20" wheels-now that's traditional. kinda like turbos on rusty cars.

4. NEALS49

NEALS49

Its a aged old debate, turbos in the 30's on diesels, turbos on gas motors early sixties 60's and for 20" autos stared with 30-40" rims and went small so we have come full circle...So I am always open to what one person version of traditionalactually is. At the end of the day, if it rolls and its Kool it is all great in my eyes.

5. Thanks for the pics. Couldn't make it this year, got sick instead.:mad:

6. Big Daddy's HRS

Big Daddy's HRS

So sorry to anyone who was offended by the 20's on my 55. I know thats not traditional but unfortunately it was the only wheels I had for the car. I will be sure next year to have era specific wheels.

A good set of steels would be hard to beat.

If it makes you feel any better I did build every square inch of the car. I pulled a completely empty shell out of a junk yard 15 years ago.

The custom interior, glass work,engine, diff., all braided lines, the entire wire harness was built wire by wire not a kit, all the custom fab. the exhaust all was done at my shop.

The shop crew consists of me my lovely wife (our three children most of the time) and my very good buddy, they all helped every step of the way.

My buddy sprayed the HR Black in his spray booth.

I did trade a buddy of mine a paint job on his bike for rebuilding my 700r4 trans.:D

Was glad to be there and be a small part of things. This was the second event I have had the 55 at, and it has been all I have dreamed of all these years, Im having a blast, thanks for letting me park there.

7. oldsman71

oldsman71

cool pics thanks for posting them!!!!! :)

8. NEALS49

NEALS49

Dont sweat the small stuff, I ride on bags and stop with disks brakes...LOL However you have to be two inchs tall to see them. :D

9. Big Daddy's HRS

Big Daddy's HRS

Thats funny!! Thanks! Dont want to step on any toes.

10. BLAINE 816

BLAINE 816

Great coverage ,many thanks.

11. redneck061102

redneck061102
    from cabot, ar

ya no worries BIG DADDY, i helped build the LS1 powered dragster that was there, and we all know they didnt have those motors back in the day!:)

12. Hey, my 1929 Chevy, came stock with 20's! :rolleyes:

13. Bunny Ranch

Bunny Ranch

I believe 20" wheels are a personal choice. I also believe that anyone who has a
    Hot Rod is supporting our hobby & our life style. Life would be soooo boring if we
    all liked the same things. Rock on with those wheels & don't apologize for having
    your own style.

14. Big Daddy's HRS

Big Daddy's HRS

What a nice thing to say. Thank you so much for that. Your kindness is much appreciated!

15. atch

atch

16. I dislike faux patina, rat rods, cars should be covered in primer or paint flat or shiny, 20" rims on that chevy bother me a lot less. I had the worst looking cars at one point my tow car was a 65 chevelle that was an oxblood sun burnt color and my race car was a semi gloss black because i didn't have enough paint and I added too much reducer as I wasn't going to the races with a yellow an red primer spotted car. just my opinion

17. chickenshift

chickenshift

This was my favorite year so far. Cant wait till next year

18. Zigged should've Zagged

Zigged should've Zagged
    from Emmaus Pa

very nice shots. i enjoyed that!

19. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Great sentiment however in your short time on this site you have not noticed that "this" site is all about traditional Hot Rods and Customs. And supporting Hot rodding as a whole is great but this site and the HAMB drags really aren't the place for 20" wheels. I like them on some cars but they really are out of place at a HAMB event. Just an observation:D

20. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Great pics and awesome event as well, my third in a row.

21. Bunny Ranch

Bunny Ranch

We are all entitled to our opinion, but in my observation....Those 20" wheels were parked in the Hot Rod section of spectator parking.

22. brushape

brushape

looked a hellava lot better sitting there then rotting away in some farmers field or in a crusher to sell as scrape to japan. 20's or not its a good lookin ride. in my opinion hot rodding is a little bit attitude and with that is doing what you want to "YOUR" car and not much caring what anyone else thinks. great pics nice ride and see ya next year!!!!:cool:

23. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Is the Gold '48ish Prefect the actual Ohio George "Hurst's Gasser Passer" or a tribute car? Either way, its waaay cool!