Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects M/F-ing HOT RODS, '32 3W build for a HAMB member!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ELpolacko, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Jeeze, I leave for the week to go racing and missed all the pissin.

I'll call you this weekend since we both are missing the drags.

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The man can write too.

3. Steve (ELpolacko) -

The "X member" and the pedal setup look real bitchin'!

... and I really have to thank you for posting the "Malaguena" video ... it brought back great memories of working on cars with my (late) father ... he always had KJAZ (92.7FM) blaring on the shop stereo ... and would crank it up (even a bit louder) when they played a Stan Kenton Big Band tune :cool:

4. Great work. Very nice attention to detail.

5. kustoms2

kustoms2

As always nice one Steve!

6. Mike

Mike

Damn! Between some personal things going on and Bonneville stuff, i've been out of touch for about 8 weeks. I need to get down to the shop and have a look at this heap. Bitchin' for sure.

7. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

ATTENTION PLEASE.... stop telling him how good he is, his head is swelling and the welding helmet has no more adjustment left, and before the next video have your make up artist tone down the shine on the top of your head. And, very nice work as always!

8. SledDriver

SledDriver
    from California

OK. So some day I hope to start learning how to weld and fabricate and do bodywork, and that my friends will be happy to teach me. In addition to that, I plan to search YouTube and find your videos.

But... dude... you ever catch your beard on fire? Mine's getting close to being that long...

Thanks for all that you do....

9. SOLID9

SOLID9
    from EuroTrip!

Looks good man, I dig your style. Keep the pics comming!

10. billylo

billylo

More, more, more.....Please! :)

11. Where in the world have you been!?!?!?!?!!?

12. Quiet YOU!

Haven't yet. Had a few weld berries smolder in it every once and a while but that's about it.

I have an idea for Monday, should be a video update if I can work the software a bit better.

13. daddio211

daddio211

Dear Mr. Steve,

Please adopt a 7 day work-week schedule. Saturdays and Sundays without updates SUCK!

Love,

All the HAMB members

14. Just call him like I do!:D:p

Note to Steve, yesterday was Saturday. That means tomorrow is Monday and you gotta get up for work. Shall we have Lorna set your clothes out? (inside joke)

15. daddio211

daddio211

I've followed Steve's work for years with great admiration. He wouldn't remember me, but I met him at VLV probably 8 years ago, then again in Scottsdale. His builds are always amazing in their craftsmanship and simplicity, and he's humble as can be about it. Cool and talented dude for sure!

16. All those negatives and I still call him a friend!

17. I'm literally sitting here on my warm leather couch watching Trainspotting with my laptop at my side. I wish I could say I'm relaxing, but I'm not. I am actually thinking about how tomorrow is going to go and how I'm going to shoot video, move plate and such then attempt to splice it all together at the end of the day.

I need a beer or a whiskey on the rocks right now.

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

"Spud says hi, or at least I think he does..."

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Could that quite possibly be a jab for getting into the shop so late yesterday?

20. I have no excuse for mistaking a groggy Saturday for a lazy Sunday.

The kitten was fine by the way.

21. I'm not talking!:D

22. Lots of visitors and phone calls today. Didn't get nearly enough done today.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  23. Great project!!! I really like the frame setup. Looking forward to more posts.

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

"I laughed, I cried, then took a nap..." (insert sensless movie critic name here) No really, if everybody could see the heat we are dealing with today, they would nap too! I know my shop clipped 122 degrees today, I'm sure Steve's was well into the 105 - 110 range. Truthfully, cool coverage of what it takes to put stuff together. It aint all glamor, right? You do know that if you need help loading the heavy stuff on the plasma back there, just call and I will come over, right?

25. Steve is a standup guy and his work speaks for its self.

26. Yesterday started off very nice in the shop. The cooler was putting out 75 degree air and the shop was in the high 80's for a while. Near the end of the day it was draining. It didn't get up beyond 94 inside but the few times I went outside, yuk.

That was kind of my point with this video. You can tell I am no cinematographer or video editor. That should be painfully obvious. If it weren't for the built in "STAR WIPES" (Simpsons reference if you're hip) and trick fades and crap built into Movie maker, that video would have been about a half hour longer and much less interesting and much more boring. There is a whole shitload of tedium involved building this stuff.

Let go of my temp labor yesterday and hired a new guy. He starts on Wednesday, he's had stuff featured in Dice, knows detail and seems trainable :eek: I'm hoping he is the type of help I have needed recently.

27. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Everything's looking great Steve! Love the attention to detail you put into your projects.

28. Very good informative post, nice to continue my project because it is very explanatory, almost as a guide, take a break and watch this video ... is a gift for you

29. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Steve, that is pretty bitchin. Especially the X design. So bitchin.

30. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

I never cease to be amazed at the level of craftsmanship exhibited here on the H.A.M.B...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011