Register now to get rid of these ads!

carb keeps giving me TROUBLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by box50, Aug 18, 2011.

1. box50

box50

Hey guys, Got a 600 Holley that we can't get it right carb has been rebuilt and I still have a problem. As long as you don't get on real hard it's fine drove it all weekend and to work for two days and had no trouble,but coming home the other day got on it pretty good and it felt like it was out of gas. As long as you don't get on it it is fine. Checked the float level it was fine. One of my buddy's says he thinks were getting trash in it,any ideas.Thank's for any advice:confused:

2. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Sounds like it needs accelorator pump adjustment.

3. George/Maine

George/Maine

I had 1 and when I replaced gas line and filter no more problems.Thoes micro filers may look clean but can be pluged.

4. pauls fords

pauls fords

Always used many fuel filters on street driven Holley's,,,,,,switched to AFB type Edelbrock for street use,,,,much easier to keep in tune and much more forgiving for street use....

5. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

If its the stock vacumn secondary carb Buy a spring kit for it ,Stock springs dont open up the last two barrels till way to late in the rpm's 5500 At full throttle engine off set accelerator pump at 15 thousandths .Tear out the micro filter and put an inline paper or glass filter,I like the glass cause you can clean the filter and glass,Spring kit will do the trick ,