Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford OD's Boat Anchors or good property??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carmuts, Aug 18, 2011.

1. carmuts

carmuts

Curious if these OD's are boat anchors or good property? Two of them seem to need some work. The other turns smooth, but bearings sound dry. I also have what is left of the transmissions. Looks like the transmissions were dissassmbled many years ago and not stored in a dry place. These are parts of a recent large parts purchase, debating on wheather to keep or scrap these. Thanks Rod

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. 65COMET

65COMET

The flathead and y-block guys would be interested.I would post them on their websites before I scrapped them. ROY.

3. carmuts

carmuts

I posted them over there yesterday and no reply yet. I am guessing these are 52-54, but not sure. I will get the part #'s off of the trans cases today to try to figure out years. Thanks Rod

4. pauls fords

pauls fords

Try Smokin'Joe here on the hamb,,,,,,he rebuilds them and has a ton of parts and buys parts and whole transmissions.....

5. carmuts

carmuts

Thanks, will contact him as soon as I am done getting all of this stuff hauled. Lots of NOS parts for these transmissions also. Going to take me several weeks to figure out what all I have. If all goes well with the job interview on Monday it may even take me longer. So i am hoping to be done hauling by Sunday evening as that may be the last of the spare time for awhile. Rod