Register now to get rid of these ads!

62 ford econoline front axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemibird43, Aug 18, 2011.

1. hemibird43

hemibird43

i have a chance to pick up a econoline front axle, have you guys used one of these on any of your projects, i would like to use it in the build of my 25 ford panel, any and all help is apreciated .
    thanks.

2. 117harv

117harv

They have been used for all kinds of appl. for years, however they are for parallel leaf. Is your 25 going to be set up for that?

3. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Had one on an old Ma Bell van. It was a very tough setup. I was a stupid kid and thought at times the dirt roads in the area were for racing on. 13" wheels and a screaming 170 three on the tree sideways going downhill on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. Yea, nothing could go wrong here.

4. hemibird43

hemibird43

i have searched on ebay and there is a guy who makes brakets that will bolt on the axle where the leafs bolted so that you can use radius rod's.
    have you seen anyone use this kind of a setup ?
    and if so have you heard good/bad or otherwise .
    thanks.

5. bobscogin

bobscogin

I'm running one on my T Bucket, narrowed 7.5" and adapted to buggy spring. I used early Ford ('37-'41) spindles on mine to get a wider variety of brake and steering arm options . The spindles aren't a direct swap, but aren't difficult to fit.

Bob

6. 117harv

117harv

Not to say that you are cheap but alot of rodders on a budget do this with any number of different manufactures parallel spring axles. I see alot of R-R's do this, this doesn't mean it's wrong in fact if the spring pads are cleaned up and the brackets are well made they can look good.

If you really want to run a transverse spring, i would find an early Ford axle set up, they can still be had for not too much $$$ and you will much more pleased with the look...jmo