Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chevrolet motor mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirt t, Aug 17, 2011.

1. There have been several posts about stupid parts men or stuped customers.
    I needed motor mounts for my new project. did not know what year I needed. The parts guy at CarQuest gave me a catalog. The mount I wanted fits 1958 and 61-62 Chevrolet. Speedway has them for $30.00 + frt. CarQuest P/N 31-2142 $6.536 ea. no frt.
    The parts guy was a great help and saved me money.
    Hope this helps other's.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A big part of finding what you want at a local parts house is knowing exactly what you want and what it was intended to fit originally.

Plus as you just mentioned the local over the counter price is often a lot less than those from the big mail order houses on the same item if that item is a standard item for production cars.

3. terryble

terryble
    from canada

Where are each of them made? India, Malasia, RC, or USA, Canada Mexico its a little like the guy in the old Fram filter ads "you can pay me now or pay me later!"

4. Right, as in Fram oil filters!

Bob

5. Made in China and I'd bet the others are too.I would gladly pay more for
    made in USA.

6. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

This is why I invested in some parts books. It's nice to be able to figure out what you need (part number wise) before you go looking. Over the years, I've just got tired of taking parts back all of the time, for being the wrong part.

7. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

from the looks of our economy and unemployment numbers theres not to much being made in the us anymore.

8. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Aw c'mon----you can get anything you want any way you want it..........as long as you're ordering fast food.

9. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Aw c'mon----you can get anything you want any way you want it..........as long as you're ordering fast food.

10. Just bought a pair at the local carquest store, look to be made in Canada, which is okay with me , Besides the owner of the store waited on me , knew his shit and was friendly to boot , Thanked me for letting them fill my order , nice service ,Thanks Doyle's Carquest in Temple, Tx

11. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Doyle's must be an Independent buying from the CarQuest organization. Company stores don't have individual owners, just the corporate entity.
    Glad to hear they, independents, are still around and serving the public as the job should be done.

12. squirrel

squirrel

I had to get new mounts for my 55 today, it's a big block swapped in there, I put one of the old mounts on the counter, and a minute later Greg had two new USA made mounts for me. He sells CarQuest parts, he's been there since he was born, his dad built the shop/store in 1956 and they all lived in the house in back.