Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Frustrated, to say the least

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmergal, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oj

oj

Some people are too stoopid to be assholes, one of them just crossed your path thats all. Let it go. You can bust them up side of the head but it'll just hurt your hand and getting busted up side the head is just part of a 'normal' conversation to them.

2. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

dont let it get to you that bad, some people are just miserable and jealous. unfortunately they can also be loud. i didnt let stuff like this go before and i ended up trying to convince officer friendly that he swung first, it just not worth it. 90% of the time if you call him on it he'll just tuck his tail and leave. keep your chin up

3. RodStRace

RodStRace

If this guy is in a public place with a few 'road sodas' in him, the best thing is to let a pro handle it. Public intoxication in a family setting is a good way to screw up an event completely.

4. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

I'm sorry you had to experience the down side to this hobby. I did the car club scene and cruises for years and it never failed there will always be a jackass in the crowd. I personaly love seeing any old cars that someone has taken the time and love to bring back to life and preserve it. I really love finding the so called orphans that the idiots make statements you'll never get your money out of it, well it's like this, how many of us (myself included) have a car for the reason of some sentimental attatchment you know like your dad had one like it, your grand pap or it was your first car , guess what asshole it's not about the money. And the bottom line is what fun would it be if we all drove a 55 chevy, Farmgal I commend you for preserving a piece of history no matter what little spin you put on it to make it yours, it's still a piece of history. Sorry I'll get off my soap box now .....

5. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Screw that guy. I want to hear more about the old timers car. Do you have pictures of his 5w coupe?

6. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Deploy the "Trunk Monkey" on him next time!

7. DrJ

DrJ

I sometimes say to people like that; " Your Momma never taught you any manners did she? I know it wasn't your Daddy's fault because you don't even know who he is."

8. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

sorry, i don't have any photos :( It was a street-rod type of car. pretty typical streed rod actually. Had a crovette rear in it, chevy motor, modern interior in it. it was clean though. He wanted something reliable with some get-up-and-go to it so thats what he built. he was there with his wife.

9. Mart

Mart

Video him in full rant and post it on youtube under "car show asshole" or something like that.

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

I would've asked him if he was ready for dentures!!! "HUh" "POP!"

I would've loved to have seen Farmergal up in the middle of some loose teeth!!! Talkin' bout a kodak moment!!! :D

11. My personal guess is that either A) he owns a new Corvette/BMW/Viper/Shelby/etc., and his extent of work on it is taking it to the detailers; or B) his car is sitting on jackstands in the garage, covered in boxes and dust, just like it was five years ago, when he was "gonna have it out next year!".

If you let people like that get to you, they've won. Don't let them win.

There are a great many folks in this world who would rather drag everyone else back down into the pit than make the effort to crawl out themselves...

12. Weasel

Weasel

2 inch dick????:D

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

As hard as it is, ya gotta let it go. No matter where you are, the possibility of meeting an asshole will be just around the corner. I was getting gas once and this smuck just came over and started in on my car. True, it's just a T Bucket and certainly not the nicest ever built, but it's mine. A few other people were standing around and we all just looked at the idiot. As he walked off, we just laughed and wondered what meds he was on. The kicker was watching him drive off in his mini-van!

With laws and the justice system the way it is, violence is not the answer. Getting into a shouting match only lowers you to his level.

14. eddie1

eddie1

I find this is usually the case. The louder the a--hole the less likely he has a car. Build & enjoy what you want & ignore the a--holes!

15. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Thanks much for all the encouraging words; and no, I'm not actually ready to put For Sale signs on the cars :D. Its just that people with this mentality kind of make you want to :rolleyes:

Hate to sound like a sissy but I never knew someone, in the car world, could be that disgustingly rude...especialy after someone just drove 40 minutes for the general public to enjoy their vehicle.

Im usually pretty quiet and laid back but i have no problem voicing an opinion or sticking to my guns. I certainly would never hit anyone but if the idiot ever got in my face or threatened violence against me you could betyour ass i'd start swinging. :D

buuuut...i don't think, and i hope that, it would never ever amount to such sillyness. He can carry on and think that he's mr knowitall but i can promise him...no one knows that car better than the two of us ;)

16. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I'm 60 and have been around thousands of people all my life.
    These are the same people that you see, over and over, who are taking out their self-inflicted personal miseries and failures on others.
    Until he can come to grips with his own personal demons and picks himself up, he will continue to be miserable.
    =============================
    It sometimes is the hardest thing to do but:
    Smile, talk calmly and inform anyone like this guy how happy you are and what a wonderful life you lead.
    They can't "get to you" when you have won in your quest of "LIFE" goals and you prove it with your manners and calm demeanor.
    When you are standing on the winner's podium spraying the champagne of victory of a life well lived, nobody can compete with your happiness. It is yours and it was earned.
    Success is the best revenge.
    Smile, be nice and walk away with the knowledge that you are the real adult in the conversation, not him.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

If ya see him again, take many pics! Then ya can handout flyers at ur cruises with the dinks pic on it with funny captions! I'm sure us hambers can think of a few for ya!

18. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

good advice! wow!

19. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

you any good with a paintball gun? if not,, get one and get good.

send him home with a bunch of purple welts covered in pink paint.

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Chances are you'll never see him again.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  21. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Wow, sounds like a pretty tough crowd there. Since you are a female, you could have gotten away with a pretty good nut shot to the arrogant loudmouth Loser. Everyone was standing there shaking heads about how pathetic this guy was acting for sure. Don't let anything like that get you down, I'm sure him and his wife are miserable people. It's a shame, but some people really don't know how to enjoy anything and smile once in a while.:D

22. rld14

rld14

Some people are just assholes. I just checked out the pics of your car on your profile, I like it. A lot.

Had something like this happen to me (more than) once.. I used to drive a 356A daily, and, well, it was kinda dirty. I went to a Porsche 356 group drive and some asshole shows up and starts knocking the car, ahh it's got repro knobs, the bumper overriders are missing, the front bumper is fiberglass, this guy ruined the car, etc. So, asshole that I am, I hear this and say "There's a very scientific reason why the car is the way it is" He comes back with "huh?" and I reply "It's a dumbfuck detector, the car is built specifically to identify stupid assholes just like yourself. SO where did you park YOUR 356?" "Oh I don't have one". Shut him right up. In front of his wife too.

Next time you see him try that. Basically call him an ignorant asshole and it usually shuts these types up. Besides, who cares what some jerkoff thinks, it's YOUR car, and YOU built it and I think that's cool as hell. As long as YOU like it to heck with everyone else.

23. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Next time you see this gutter bum, you might consider opening the hood and proceed to "deglaze the belts" or "clean the z-bracket" with a fresh can of Brake-Kleen. When he gets his head close enough to check out what you're doing, it's likely that little red tube could get bent somewhat, and hit him right between the eyes with a shot of Tetrachloroethylene. Make sure you put the "Caution, not responsible for personal injury sign" under the hood somewhere first.

24. THECRUSTYRAT

THECRUSTYRAT

Thats crazy, I had a group of people that would just lean all over my 34 truck. I asked them to please dont prop or lean up on it. They would mumble and walk off. Came back couple of times and there they were propped out again. So the next cruise in before i went. I emptyed 3 cans of wd40 on it and massaged it into the body. I waited and here they came. Me and the wife sat down in our chairs and before you knew it, they had there lean on. One looked back after about 30 minutes of me laughing at them and said wtf are you laughing at. I said when you leave i want my wd40 back just ring your clothes out over the cab. They were covered in red and brown stains. When they stormed off, i started spreading the word look for the guys with stains on there clothes and tell them tide die went out years ago. Never had anymore problems out of them. They stayed away and would never look at us again:D.

Some people have no respect.

25. F&J

F&J

Car shows are just a very small part of the hobby.

26. Life is too short to waste any time on these clowns. Ignore them, walk away, and enjoy your time with all the good people and all the nice cars there.

I'm sure everyone else there either admired your car or wished it was theirs.

27. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

This guy was out looking for trouble, it just so happened to be at a car show. It would not have mattered what the venue was, he was hell bent on starting trouble. Best thing to do is completely ignore him if possible, however when he blocks the door so your wife cannot exit the vehicle (as mentioned in a previous post) then your hand is forced.

28. First of all, who give a shit what some dumb ass that is having to make up for some short comings in his own life says? Seriously, who cares?
    To the keyboard warriors that say you should inflict violence upon this moron, all you are doing is lowering yourself to his level, and then he wins - even if you manage to kick the crap out of him. He still got you to become as sub human as he is.
    A few years ago I was at a show in my Deuce Coupe. There was a guy talking with his buddy fairly loudly about what a pile it was, this was a few weeks after it brought home a big trophy at the GNRS, so while it may not be someone's cup of tea, not really a "pile" either. I moved close enough to them to hear what was being said and then joined in. "Yeah, what a hunk of junk, can't believe someone actually wasted the time to drive that down here to the Donut Shop" The loudmouth says "yeah, it probably doesn't even run right, I mean really a small block Ford with two 4 barrels" so I said, "Probably won't even start, just a fuckin trailer queen" Joe Loudmouth grunts in agreement - then I hoped in and fired it up, Never seen a face that red in my life. I chuckled all the way to breakfast.

29. Redbuddy

Redbuddy
    from Cordova al

I went to a cruze one night I had a 66 mustang there was a man leaning on my car I asked very nice to get off my car.I walked off it made him MAD he started saying I have one better at home than this one .When i got back latter the idloit had keyed my car down the quarter knowing it would hard to fix.I didnot see him good enough to id him. At That time i was mad!!!!

30. Oh and by the way. If it was "Betty" that you drove to this event it sure is a pretty car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.