Register now to get rid of these ads!

RIP @ Bonneville 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B1RDMAN, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Dchaz

Dchaz

Ok I'm confussed, was it Ray the Rat that had the heart attack?

2. 52pig

52pig

God-speed brother! May I meet you on the other side...

3. NO....It was NOT Ray the Rat!!!!!!!!

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

The passing of someone is always sad no matter what, but I sure hope I am lucky enough to go out like that when my time comes. RIP.

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Godspeed to the person who had the situation on the salt........I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Ray" from the above post.

Chris Nelson
    >>>Missing the salt in a VERY big way this year<<<, I was even tempted to rent a car and say "Heck with it & drive out for 3 days".........

6. Ole don

Ole don

The fellow they are talking about is Ray the guy in the Isuzu diesel flatbed who builds a five story platform to shoot video from. He is a cool dude, I will miss Ray and his videos. If a guy has to die, what better place to do it. You dont have to travel to heaven, you are already there. RIP Ray, you will be missed.

7. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

Godspeed. I think he left the best possible way. I'd rather die at Bonneville than waiting in line at fucking Wal-Mart.

8. belair

belair

Guys like that are who give heart and spirit to something like Bonneville. It's up to us to take his place. R.I.P. Rayu. Thanks, and we'll take it from here.

9. B1RDMAN

B1RDMAN

Yes thats him with the Isuzu flatbed and he does build the platform thats the guy...FOR SURE...Not the Rat.

10. 55chevr

55chevr

Ray the Rat is posting on Landracing.com ... he is okay ... he drives a Suburban

11. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

He kept my buddy from Buffalo's popup and chairs for him and brought them there every year for him. I knew him just from talking to him every year but I know he would want to have gone at Speed Weeks if he had a choice. I hope if he chose to be cremated that someone will put him in a chute & take him for one last ride after all those years of filming. RIP Ray, he was quite a guy. I know more details but it wouldnt be appropiate to mention them here

12. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

13. vein

vein

Doing what he loved! thoughts and prayers!

14. truckjim

truckjim

It was sad. My brother and I saw the emergency fire dept truck go by and later on got the sad news. Didn't know Ray but seeing folks who did get the news made it obvious he was well liked.
    Jim

15. My friends went last year and his wife got the bug ! there building a 49 ply and going back this year. they said one time and thats all it takes one time! another said if your a gearhead you hear the gods of speed calling your name and have other option then to return and try to tame the salt, I never seen Ray but I think I understand now why he retuned 50 years and passed there The gods of speed like video and stills too.

16. Yes, it was not Ray the Rat, but the other Ray. Does not make it any better news. Elmo Rodge said he was the second person on the scene and Ray was gone before he hit the ground. I want to send out a thanks for the local response and how fast teh Ambulances got there. They were rockin hard trying to get ot the scene. Sadley all we could think of on a tech only day was heart attack or a pit accident with a car. We did not want to be right, Godspeed Ray.

17. Rest In Peace Ray.