Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage KKOA Wisconsin show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by da dodge brother, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

I actually like the Sept date.

2. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

How about somtime in mid July? doesnt seem to be much going on in wisconsin around then..... iola is always the first weekend after the 4th, back to the 50s is in June, Symco shakedown, and Cheaterama is in August.... anyone think of somthing i missed?

3. Squablow

Squablow

I like the September date as well, and I'm also disappointed that it's not going to be on this year, but glad to hear it's just on hold until next year and not canceled forever.

Since there's going to be two traditional car shows in the middle and end of August in the area for next year, an earlier date might not be a bad idea. I could certainly see a June show do well if there aren't any other competing events on the same weekend.

If it's on for next year, let's get the word out early and often and really make it happen the first time around so it can be a yearly thing.

But it's definitely off for '11? That makes me a sad panda.

4. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

Keep this up top. I want to see this show happen.

5. i wated a nice cool show, aint going back to salina the heat whipped my butt , could not do anything the next week

I am pre registered and got a rooom

so what are we doing???:eek::cool::confused:
    noone sure got out any info KKOA should not be a closed club
    if not for the HAMB i would never have heard of it
    I proabbly would be going over 350 miles to the show
    do twin cities shows and did Santa Maria so 350 miles is nothing
    just registered for the outkasts in SD too:p

6. I love the sept date...I think Labor day is a good weekend too, if the WSRA is truly done with the Corn roast.

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I talked to the guy at the KKOA in Salina - and he seemed to be going for it no matter what.........
    I hope you will continue.
    Overall - the people that I talked with at Symco - most that lived in the WI area were gonna go fer sure - the people from Chicago expressed hesitation - but we were definitely talking about it at the show........
    I think you should go forward....
    You will be surprised at the support U get.

8. I was planning on taking the 57 Chev cop car there.

9. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I was planing on going to see Candy Clark. oh yeah and some hot rods and customs

10. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Sorry to hear this John, was planing on going. Loved going to the Spud City Mastionals.

11. redhawk74

redhawk74

sept date would be nice...although 100 degree heat with 80% humidity in late july is always a blast.

12. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Just an idea! Since you guys already planned for this,how about having your own get together that same date it was going to be.If you made Motel reservations keep them and still show up for a get together. Cruze to your hearts content,let the locals see your awesome cars. Put the word out and go for it.

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Really not a bad idea at all. Just an informal gathering to show the KKOA what they missed.

14. As far as I'm concerned the KKOA has already lost out on a whole country. I was a rep for many years when I was young and when Jerry told me Canada didn't have enough kustom cars to support a show, I lost interest in his corporate show mindset and quit. This doesn't surprise me that he'd dump a show with only thirty days to go, do you think that the KKOA cares that your holiday plans are messed up, I think not!

15. coppertone

coppertone

I like the September time frame. Looking forwardto this year since had to miss Salina

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Still think your truck is the best one I have seen this year--:)

17. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

is this true about the corn roast? i have been going to FDL since i was a little kid...... I would be kinda sad to see it go but i have to admit..... it has been getting alittle lame the last few years, iam hoping that this year being the 40th might be alittle better. i remember going on saturday night for the dance and you couldnt even step foot in that place it was so packed.....

18. 54pumpjack

54pumpjack

Well according to there site the corn roast is still on who knows if they will shut down the lot at night like they have been talking about for years already.

19. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

September dates are the best in my book, if your not out enjoying the Wisconsin scenery in the fall, you are really missing out! Thats when I do the majority of my cruisin'........ I'm up for a guerrilla cruise

20. It is in Fond du Lac through this year then next year it will be in Milwaukee!

21. You missed the MELTDOWN DRAGS, which is also held in July.

Visit www.meltdowndrags.com for the exact dates and any other information you may need.

22. Really?

23. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

well.....wont be a far drive for me.... down here really??? hmmm oh well.....

24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

still too pissed off about the decision to cancel.

don't have a plan of action

Hey John, how about posting Jerry's phone number on here so we can rattle his cage?

25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can understand being up set about the show not going to happen this year. But just
    think how kool it will be next year when you have another year to cross your i's and dot
    your t's. Kustom Kemps of America put on great shows, I can't believe all of the Kool
    Kustom history that it attracts. I'm looking forward to next year.

Happy Trails, Mick

26. Thats what they said last year they have contract up till 2012 and were not going to break it with the county, but after 2011 they will be looking for someplace closer to Milwaukee! Stupid county fair board....jack the cost of renting the grounds to the point where its cheeper to look for something in Milwaukee....yikes well they now get nothing !!!

27. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I made the call and didn't like the reply.

they hear, but don't listen

the show is over

it is all about the money, and I understand that

poor job of promoting it and no urgency to encourage pre-registration.

but obviously I know nothing

28. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Come on guys do your own show. Your cars sitting in the garage all dressed up with no place to go just doesn't cut it. Like I said before someone needs to speak up and say lets go anyway! Make your own fun. Waiting for someone else to get the ball going usually ends up with nothing happening. if the local people see your cars running around they might get the hint ,these cars are really cool ,I want to see more.

29. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

The WSRA is NOT DONE with the Corn Roast. The event is happening this coming labor day. We've had some bumpy moments, but we are working full steam ahead to have, and keep having this event. 2012 is a big question though. I think we will continue to talk with the fair board about rates, because I see no options anywhere else that has the lodging capacity except maybe Milwaukee or Oskosh. I don't think venues for a show in those cities will be any cheaper than FDL.
    Gregory W. Kluck
    Secretary/Club Reporter/Model contest Chair.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  30. That is good news !! I have been attending the Corn Roast since it was at the KOA grounds...man the way I herd it from WSRA members was it was over in Fond du Lac period.

AS for the KKOA show I am A life time member and have lost alot of respect for them because of this...whata a joke !!!!!! Because of this BS Salina is no longer on my must do list!!!!