Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. I got a Merc! I got a Merc! Woo-hoo I got a Merc!

[​IMG]

-Dave

2. And a nice looking one too.
    Any more pics and details?

3. You already did...it was at the Merc Gathering in Sacramento. It was in the hallway between the Merc building and the suede building in the corner up against the glass on the Merc side. :)

4. FEDER

FEDER

OK, Im back in got a 50 moordoor
    FED

5. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

sorry gents, but i have to graciously bow out, seeing i sold my 63 marauder to a guy in TN. (he's a hamber!) if i ever do get another merc though, i'll be back! thanks, eddie.

6. I have two,

a very rough 39 more door and a nicer '40 more door.

Attached Files:

7. Looks awsome,can we see more?

8. swissmike

swissmike

I am pretty sure this is the '41 that was originally built by my friend Barry Mazza (who restored the Aztec and the Ogden Buick). The 41 has been in the classifeds for a while.
    Awesome car!

9. I haven't taken any pics of my own yet (been busy tinkering and driving), but it's a super car for which I have eventual plans. It's a 1941 Mercury (of course!), which was indeed chopped many moons ago by Barry Mazza for another fellow in his New Jersey car club. I plan to P.M. Mr. Mazza soon in an effort to fill in some of the history I'm not aware of and perhaps get some details in terms of timelines etc.. Meanwhile, I am enjoying being the latest caretaker of this good looking Kemp after obtaining it from a fellow HAMBer. His father first, and then he, obviously cared for it and loved it before passing it on. (Thanks John)!

Will post some more pics soon.

-Dave

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  10. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Rodncustomdreams,
    Glad someone here bought that car. It was a great deal for a really nice car. Enjoy it!

11. REALLY! I'll have to go back and check out my pic's....

12. Once you're "IN"....You're "IN"!!!! Not like I won't let you in the next meeting,hahaha!

13. Yes it was there on display by the man responsible for saving this old custom, Ralph Finley. This car was built by Reno and Ray Paretto in the Bay area. According to Ray, Reno started this build in 1952. Can you imagine sectioning a 3 year old Merc convertible?
    When Ralph first acquired this car, the roof had been removed by a previous owner, he drove it as a roadster for a while until he started piecing the history back together, I have a picture of it like that from Paso. Besides being sectioned along the body side, the rockers were sectioned, Buick Riviera hardtop grafted on, with various panels from a 52 Merc, Lincoln tail lights and hand made fins were added in 56. The frame is also Z'd on both ends, it maintains full suspension travel, it rides really smooth. It is quite an amazing piece of craftsmanship and creativity.

14. Arieldouglas

Arieldouglas

I want in! '56 Custom needing a lot of TLC.
    [​IMG]

15. You're #415

16. Saw this at Pomona swapmeet today....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  17. Arieldouglas

Arieldouglas

Sweet don't say it all!

18. 00 MACK

00 MACK

You are correct. Barry as well as a bunch of other Kuston Knights went at it as a joint club effort for tghen owner, the late Al Sinclair.

19. Thanks for that 00 MACK! I wasn't even aware of the name of the fellow who first owned it as a custom. I'd be thrilled with any information you can give me - perhaps in a P.M. so's not to hijack this thread.

Bad Bob, did I get a number?

-Dave

20. Rikster

Rikster

Here are some I got from Barry a couple of years ago.
    Great car... hope you will eventually repaint it is a solid color. The flames don't belong on a car like that.

Words by Barry Mazza

VERY WORRIED OWNER IS WATCHING.......THIS WAS A 2 DAY AFFAIR WITH MEMBERS OF THE KUSTOM KNIGHTS PITCHING IN. WE GOT IT DONE IT 2 DAYS OF HARD WORK AND HE BROUGHT IT BACK TO MY GARAGE FOR SOME MORE WELDING ECT. CAR TRULY LOOKED LIKE IT CAME OUT OF THE EARLY 50'S WITH THE COLOR AND ALL. OWNER HAS SINCE PASSED AWAY.
    BARRESSE'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This photo was taken in 2010-11

[​IMG]

21. oversteer

oversteer

Heres my rust bucket:

59 Merc Wagon, imported to little old New Zealand from Montana. Original 383 wasn't in the best shape so have a 460 BB Ford that I'm about to drop in it. Just replaced the floors so is nice and solid now. Hope to have it on the road in a couple of years or sooner if money allows.

Hamish

Attached Files:

22. haha thats my merc in the back round black 51.

23. #416 Dave....

24. Thank you Rik! I have (long term - due to finances) plans to repaint the car in a solid colour as I agree the flames put the car in a different era than I would like it to represent. ...The same goes for the interior. These old cars go through "upgrades" as they go through owners and I'm not so sure that sometime in the future someone will say "too bad the flames and tweed are gone"... Just glad these cars are loved and are still around for folks to enjoy!

I have been tending to niggling little issues on the Merc, but have still managed to put over 500mi. on her in less than a month (I have to drive the other cars too you know)!

'Nother pic.:
    [​IMG]

-Dave

25. I'm IN!! :D

-Dave

26. Arieldouglas

Arieldouglas

2 Days. Incredible!!

27. ?????

28. I have a 49 two door so count me in.

29. Arieldouglas

Arieldouglas

Lot of work for 2 days.