Register now to get rid of these ads!

front spindles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatstax, Aug 15, 2011.

1. fatstax

fatstax
    from cobourg

ok i wish to install bigger brakes on my car, i plan on using charger RT rotors and calipers. i am using a f body frame in my car, which is monte carlo, buick regal etc etc. my frame is from an 83. i need to know if anyone knows what spindle i could use on my car the does not have the caliper bracket cast as part of the spindle. i dont wish to massivley modify the f body spindles to take the charger calipers. would spindles from a 57 chev work for example, they have bolt holes and aftermarket caliper brackets can be bolted on. any advice?

2. 69fury

69fury

F body is Camaro/Firebird. If you have a MonteCarlo/Regal/Cutlass, then you have a G body. The easiest thing for you sounds like getting on a G body forum for the cheap fix, unless you are super handy with a hollander interchange/fabrication.

rick

3. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I'm confused as to the whys...will it stop better with Charger (RT) rotors and calipers?

I think if I felt the need to go thru the expense and trouble of mixing and matching parts I'd just go buy an aftermarket big brake kit that is designed for the spindles you have and the bolt circle you desire!

I'm ALL about doing things yourself and really hate to even suggest buying a kit etc...but its brakes...and your suggesting a rather uncommon combination!

Whats the draw for that particular brake system?
    Are you talking NEW RT or the late 60's early 70's version???

4. fatstax

fatstax
    from cobourg

ok g body then i thought it was f. to be honest this conversion i am doing will get me 13.5 rotors and dual piston calipers for less then 300 dollars, you cant touch that with any white man kit out there, its the new RT as well.