Register now to get rid of these ads!

You Only Turn 40 Once...My Wife's New 34 Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BloodyKnuckles, Aug 9, 2011.

1. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

Congratulations to Heather, (and you!) on the sweet little Plymouth sedan! Relatively rare, it appears to be a PG, (you said straight axle,) plus, no glove box, and no crank out windshield, (but a ’33 style w/shield with ’33 “arms,”) and other left over ’33 parts. In 1934 it would be considered a “broom salesman’s model.” Today it would be seen by some to be a great daily driver.

Although my ’33 PC coupe prejudices me, IMO, the a really good “fix” would be to warm up the flathead, fine tune the Lockheed hydraulics, maybe change out the wheels and tires, and drive it like you stole it.

Here is my finished engine: PC 189” block out to 218” with .060” off the head and .070” off the block, along with being dynamically balanced, and having a mild cam, split manifold, (Rusty Hope, FL) with dual exhaust. The car will keep up with most of the Hondas and Toyotas on the local NC roads.

[​IMG]

While lurking over here from Wilmington on a regular basis, it is my hope to eventually get out to the Crown and see you and the rest of the rascals in the Iron Lords, maybe even in my old ’33! :D Now, your’s and Heather’s “new” ride provides some additional incentive. Good luck with it! GA

2. haychrishay

haychrishay

Cool ! But i have to say that i like the old Binder too !

3. Sorry I missed this one, Ron! Great snag!

Happy Birthday, Heather!

Great to talk to you today! Hope You and Heather have a great birthday weekend! (...sly dog....)

4. This is some of the best info that I have come across on the entire internet. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the info. Thank you so much. Please bring your car sometime. I would love to see it.

My '51 Plymouth has the 218 and you are correct, they will scoot just fine with traffic. I used to have an OD but I burnt it up on my way back home from Austin, Texas. I've put over 36,000 miles on the little engine and couldn't be more happier.

I would love an OD in the '34. I can start out in 2nd with almost no slipping of the clutch which tells me that I have a pretty steep rear gear. I plan on a taller rear tire which will make it a bit more tolerable.

I have 16" wheels and have my front 6.00 tires already but I need a set of 7.00 or 7.50s soon.

I plan on black walls with beauty rings and dog dish caps on painted black wheels.

BloodyKnuckles

5. X2!!!!!!! Very cool Ron and happy birthday Heather. Love the car.

6. orphanautomill

orphanautomill

Very cool car, and more awesome that the wife is into it.

I must say, I enjoyed seeing the cornbinder much more though. That thing is awesome! I want one bad, just can't justify it right now.

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Drive the wheels off it just as it is. :)

8. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I'm no JamesD but here's a bit of a drop and some black wheels with dog dish caps. Were you thinking blackwalls or whitewalls?

[​IMG]

9. Ya'll really need to do the Bonnie and Clyde outfits when you go out together.

Yes - It needs rear tires!

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Nice score and congradulations with turning 40 very nice looking Lady......wait until she turns 50 and you have to build her a full on era perfect 50's style L.A. Kustom.......just ask me how would I know?