Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gene Winfield Documentary looking for original photos and footage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Longboard Pictures, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Longboard Pictures

Longboard Pictures
    BANNED
    from Nor Cal

As we announced on this great forum last weekend Longboard Pictures is making a 1 hour TV show Pilot and 2 hour documentary entitled Kings of Kustoms. The first episode is the great Gene Winfield! We're shooting all aspects of Gene's famous career including his LSR quest for new records at El Mirage in May.
    We are searching for any old or not so old home movie footage or photos of Gene at shows, his custom creations, interesting stories about Gene that we could get on camera, etc. If you have anything that might qualify post a response on this thread and we'll PM you.

2. Longboard Pictures

Longboard Pictures
    BANNED
    from Nor Cal

C'mon guys, if not yourself maybe you know somebody that has footage or photos that would be important telling Gene's story.

3. Rare footage i'm sure

4. badshifter

badshifter

Important enough to pay for them? I'm assuming you are making this film as a money making venture? Just curious.....

5. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

He came out with a book filled with great stories and pics. It's great...and I think there was another in the works, if I remember correctly. I had pics of him racing in a midget car but I can't find them.

6. Anything happening with this?

7. ironrodder

ironrodder

May know someone but need your addy. Try Bob Huff at [email protected] . He tapes at a lot of shows including the "Rebel Run" in Lima, Ohio that Gene attends

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  8. Carguy1965

Carguy1965
    from Illinois

9. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Here is Gene "in action" at a metal seminar he did July 2010 in Syracuse N.Y.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope Slim Pickens was paying attention ! !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I've known Gene for 50+ years, he's always the same; never condescending, a true gentleman. Never talks down to anyone, he should have been doing seminars in '56!
    Look at his pics: he still looks like he did in '60.

Truly an unforgettable character. $150 for a seminar with Gene Winfield is a true bargain. He will change your learning curve with his method of 'thinking'.

11. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

That he will do!! I took his seminar in midland tex. A true gear head all the way!..he still had the paint from his land speed car on his hands!!