Register now to get rid of these ads!

just got some new ponchos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by UnsettledParadox, Apr 2, 2010.

1. wvenfield

wvenfield

Wow, you just found a 4 barrel intake for free? Lucky you, they usually are a bit pricey.

2. repoman

repoman

Let me know if you want to replace the tin for the radiused wheel wells. I actually have the matching cutouts.

3. Repoman, you ever get your motor?

4. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

ill let you know!! thnx

i got it for my dad some time back for his '56 but he decided not to use it and stay original

i think a buddy had it laying around or something. dunno exactly what the story was, but didnt pay anything for it lol

you've got my attention!!!!!

5. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

i altered the stock generator bracket and got a new belt to fit the new length. car runs great and has a lot more power with the 4bbl. its getting better mileage too

i also squirted the bottom half of the car yesterday. got some work to do to the roof before i squirt it but for now its sooo much better then how it was. those fender spears still need to come off!!

[​IMG]

6. wvenfield

wvenfield

That's looking really good. Yeah, the spear is sort of out of place. LOL

7. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

thanks! its coming together slowly. still gotta put the poverty caps on, get an actual gas tank in it and other odds and ends but im trying to make it look like something half decent for now also. im happy with it. the car has great character

8. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

happened to have the cars together. all we were missing was the green '55 from the frame

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

1 weeks update in 1 post!!

last saturday
    i took it to its 1st car show. shoulda cleaned it up a bit more but eh...lol

heres some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

last sunday

my neighbor GAVE me an aaooooga horn!! got it hooked up right in front of the radiator on the bottom splash. i loooooove it!!!
    [​IMG]

today
    messed around today with this and that. cleaned up some stuff, removed some stuff. the usual boredom kinda light weight stuff.

fender chrome is gone, scuffed and shot over where it was. now my bumpers look really dirty....gotta clean them up tomorrow

[​IMG]

10. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

put in some elbow grease a while ago to get it looking decent. the rusty bumpers were driving me mad. round 1 goes to me but ive still got a lot more work to get that rust gone

i want to get the whites shaved to be wider, need some glass and stuff as well. rear end is leaking a bit...being unemployed sucks cause i dont have money to toss around at the car, what little it was in the first place haha

heres some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Babyblue57

Babyblue57
    from Argentina

Hi Guys, nice post. I own a 55 wagon and the rear lenses are hard to find, one of the is badly broken. I'm thinking of putting 55 chevy tailights eventhough I don't like the idea very much.

Hey what about the tailgate letters? I bought a set of hood/trunk letters just to discover they won't fit on the tail gate, they have thick flat pins on the back.

Have you find a solution?