Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage "Official" 2011 Bombs Away Bash #5 Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldblue53, May 18, 2011.

1. husky56

husky56

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT! Just when you thought the Bash couldn't possibly get any better, we have teamed up with the guys at Mobile Dyno in Bloomington IL!!! Thats right, Matt and the guys are bringing their mobile dyno unit to the bash! Got a bad ass hemi in that model A or maybe a blown flathead? How about a wicked small block? Maybe a big block in your gasser or even a massive cubic inch Harley? Bring them to the Bash and show everyone just how bad your ride really is! More info coming soon! Don't miss this one!!!!

2. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Dyno, Burn Outs, Harley Stunt Show, Pin Ups, Bands, FREE Camping, Vendors, Swap, are you kidding me......
    Oh ya don't forget you will be helping Veterans and Family's of Iraqi and Afghanistan. The Marines will be on hand with raffles and auction items. There will also be 50/50!!!!!

Beer and Food will be available on site.

The Best Car PARTY in the Midwest!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.bomberscarclub.com

3. oldblue53

oldblue53

NEW BAND! We're stoked to now have Rumble Seat Riot on the bill for this years Bombs Away Bash! Saw these guy play at this years Vintage Torquefest. Great band!

4. GREASER815

GREASER815

I will be there. Can't wait!

5. oldblue53

oldblue53

Well Folk's I posted up too soon...I was so stoked to have these guys on the bill. Turns out they are booked for a gig already the same day as the BASH and can't make it. Bummer...Keep on Rockin...only like 4 weeks left!!

6. oldblue53

oldblue53

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MsF2RQQSAvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a cool thing to come watch in person at this years Bombs Away Bash #5.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  7. oldblue53

oldblue53

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tgB7jVZTQ5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We just signed on another opening act for the BASH this year. After our little date mixup with RSR...we found these two. Whiskey bottle and a washboard??!! Oh I think that'll work out just fine.

8. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Only a few weeks out rain or shine the Bombs Away Bash will be held Aug 27th!!!!
    We have a Great line of of music and entertainment to include a Harley Stunt Show, Burn out Pit, Pin Up contest, and more........
    72 and earlier Hot Rods, Customs, Muscle and Bikes with a portion of the proceeds going to the Illinois Iraqi and Afghanistan Veterans association.

One band change is the Coco Butter Kids are filling the Empires spot due to a scheduling issue.

Attached Files:

9. oldblue53

oldblue53

We have the place, and the bands, and have worked out the lot and stage schedule and parking, and all the other stuff. Now we just need to add hot rods and customs and choppers and all the great people that come along with them. 19 days and counting down...

10. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

BUMP for the Bombs Away Bash Sat. Aug 27th E. Peoria IL
    4200 Washington Rd.
    Bands, Motorcycle Stunt Show, Burn Out Pit, Dyno, Pin Ups, Food and Bev on site, Free Camping, Swap and Vending space available
    2PM-2AM
    72 and earlier Hot Rods, Customs, Muscle & Bobbers.
    $5 Spec
    $10 Per Show Car Car Load
    Portion of proceeds going to Illinois Iraqi and Afghanistan Veterans Assoc.

11. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

12. husky56

husky56

12 days ......

13. oldblue53

oldblue53

8 day forecast says sunny and 82F...Nice

14. husky56

husky56

15. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

4.5days left until The Bash

16. Ghoulina

Ghoulina
    from IL

Hellooo, I was wondering if anyone knows when the bands will be playing? It would be much appreciated! =)

17. husky56

husky56

First band is going on around 7...

18. Ghoulina

Ghoulina
    from IL

Thank you! Can't wait!

19. oldblue53

oldblue53

Ahhhh!!! 3 DAYS!!!

20. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Bump, because I'm goin.:p

21. oldblue53

oldblue53

Well tomorrow is the day. We will be starting to set up the venue today and it looks like you couldn't ask for better weather for august in Illinois. All of us from the Bombers CC are looking forward to the show we are ready to welcome all our fellow rodeos with open arms. Come has some fun and see some friends at the Bash. General start is 2 pm but we won't care if your a little early or a little late. Keep on rockin and Cruz safe...Bomber Bj

22. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Looking forward to this.

23. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

is there another thread on this show somewhere?
    Lots of great rides and the Bombers made us feel very welcome.
    Bands were great and I wanna thank all those that stopped by to purchase something for me to get gas money back home.
    Also
    a BIG thanks to Dan for stopping and helping me GET to the show when I had a blowout on the side of the road!

Bombs Away Bash was a success!

24. oldblue53

oldblue53

Wow! What a blowout weekend. Lots of cool people and cool cars and bikes at the BASH this year. I'd like to thank everyone that was involved in helping us with the show and everyone that came to support our event. Thanks Soooo Much to all you guys and gals! I know I can't name em all so Thanks to John Wells of Vintage Torque, Hair Ink, Murder Pin-ups, LNP and all the other vendors and swappers that made the show. HUGE Thanks to Heavy Metal Stunts for keeping people entertained with great stunt show riding all day long. I have to thank all the bands, The Coco Butter Kids, KrankDaddies and The Bible Belt Sinners, they all played great sets for all to watch and enjoy and none of it would have happened without my good friend Crazy Charlie who in the middle of a huge family relocation to Florida still came through for us on sound and lighting. Thanks to all the lovely ladies that participated in the Pin-up contest this year, it's was the best yet! Special Thanks and a Congrats to Ms. Bombs Away Bash 2011 winner Eli Row!
    No show throughout the year happens without the support and friendship from all our fellow clubs. Thanks to The Chrome Czars, OutKast Motor Mob, Paddys CC, Blacktop Barons CC, Twisted Shifters, etc...I know there where others there that I didn't get to see and meet. Can't forget the locals either like Central Illinois Cruziers and River City Drifters.
    HUGE Thanks to Full Throttle Midwest Magazine for their sponsorship and support.
    HUGE Thanks to the Leathernecks MC for handling all the bikes and just being there to show thier support. They are an awesome bunch of guys that all gave of themselves to serve for our great country. Salute...
    Bomber Bj...See you all again soon.
    [​IMG]

25. magnet

magnet

That.. was a good time!

26. Great show. I wish I could have stayed later. The Burger Barge is a very cool place with great burgers. Thanks to the Bombers for putting this on.

27. oldblue53

oldblue53

Timmy P...it is good isn't it!..I love that place.

28. I wish someone would post pics from the show, I didnt take a camera but there was alot of cool stuff at the show. Thanks again

29. Diognes56

Diognes56
    from Peoria, IL

30. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

You guys did a GREAT job putting on a show. Swap meet, Vendors, Stunt show, burnout contest, beer, and bands. There was plenty to keep everyone entertained. Just wanted to tell you guys you did it right, Good job!:cool: