Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Redbuddy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Redbuddy

Redbuddy
    from Cordova al

I have a rough 40 ford pickup,going to put on s10 frame,maybe a littlechoping and channel.I traded for a four cylinder diesel five speed,thinking about that for power.This truck is going to be a daily driver. What do you think?

2. ratfink56

ratfink56

will make a great dd.

3. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

long as it's done right...and runs right...you're on track for a neat hot rod

dj

4. You don't want to know my answer to that one. If I tell you the truth someone will get their panties in a bunch.

5. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I think you need to re-think your plan.

First throw away the Junk S-10 stuf & get a Frame for the '40.

6. anteek

anteek

Throw it together;use the diesel and drive it. Cherry out the cab and fenders,then look for an original frame to redo it. No fenders? go to a ratrod site. A '40 looks like ass without fenders and a bed.

7. Master of None

Master of None

I'd look at the cost of refurbishing the frame of the 40 verses the time and cost of adapting the s-10 frame. I'd also look at some pictures of trucks with both conversions and then make a choice. My self I would refurbish the 40 frame,since the wheel base and proportions are already made for that truck.

8. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get the right frame. earlier trucks look like ass with the track width too wide and stamped a-arms hanging out. same thing with Camaro clips. mounting the sheetmetal will be a hack job and the whole thing will look like more ass. you will never finish the mangled mess and sell it at a loss because you'll be too embarrased to be seen in the ass looking hack job.

9. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

I have noticed the Diesel thing recently , I saw a few good examples at the Heavy Rebel Weekender , I just can't get my head around the fact of a diesel being in a hot rod . especialy since the cost of fuel is so pricey , they say that the diesel has more power and is cost efficient as far as fuel , but , if your paying a third more for fuel , then I would personally go with a gas motor , but , hey , rodding is all aobut being innovative , different , so I say , gofor it...:D

10. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I'd give thumbs down on the S10 - nothing fits a '40 Ford body like a '40 Ford frame - but thumbs up on the diesel. Read up a bit on a good spec of turbocharger for your chosen engine, and turbocharge it to within an inch of its life! Then, make your own biodiesel: here's how.

11. "What do you think".. I "think", it would be a mistake to not use a '40 frame. Chopping/chanelling/diesel power?..again no.

12. Redbuddy

Redbuddy
    from Cordova al

The frame had been buther so bad I hauled off for scrap.I found out that a long wheelbase s10 is same wheelbase that is the reason for the change.I plan on running fenders and bed.

13. I think it would make an okay daily driver. Just wont really fit in here.

This forum is more appropriate for that kind of stuff...

http://www.killbillet.com/

Just don't think S10 frames and diesels are cool, but thats just me;)