Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's it worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jmccully, Aug 12, 2011.

1. jmccully

jmccully
    from ms.

I have an opportunity to buy this car from a guy that is good friends with my grandfather. It's a 1952 Dodge Meadowbrook, and it has a flathead 6 that will turn over but will not run. He sais it just needs a new coil.
    The body is very straight with exception of the front passenger fender. As far as rust goes, the entire floor/trunk would need to be replaced. The body has maybe 4" of rust around the bottom of the doors. All of the emblems are there and are in very good condition as well as front/rear bumpers.
    The interior is gutted with the exception of the dash, which is in perfect condition along with the guages. The guy sais he has the original seats that came out of it stored in his shop.
    As far as I know the car will not include a title but will have a bill of sale.
    I don't want to get burned buying this car and I don't to rip the guy off either. I know this car was only made for 2 years so it's got to be somewhat rare.:confused:
    Could you guys give me an idea of what it's worth.

Thanks!

2. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

If its rusted that bad, no title and not running I would say maybe 500

3. Joatha

Joatha

Those cars aren't particularly valuable. And, you didn't say if it was a 2 door or a more-door. With the amount of rust you mention, a non-running 2 door would probably bring $500-700 at most. A more-door is <$500.

4. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I believe Meadowbrook is the 4dr model

5. bblue34

bblue34

PASS Put your money in a better car......

6. there were......329,202..... 4 dr 1951-52 Dodge Meadowbrook D42's made.......
    there were......70,700....... 2dr 1951-52 Dodges D41's made..

PASS

7. brad chevy

brad chevy

Pass,sounds like a money pit that when finished will not have much value. no title alone says no.

8. Special Ed

Special Ed

Sorry, but these guys are correct.... PASS

9. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

Their ugly too. Big pass

10. I'm a mopar guy and I would pass.......

11. tinmann

tinmann

12. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

get it for dirt and make it a custom. whats the worst that could happen? you make an ugly rusty car. . .ugly and rusty?

13. $303 a ton here in town, so $500 is probably about right.

Title is a state to state thing and may be irrelevant in yours.

There is a nicer same-year Plymouth 4-door in the you-pick yard here, if that helps any, it has what looks like a relatively recent Rustoleum paint job and I didn't examine it close but it appeared to be very solid and in much better shape than the car you describe.

14. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Not desirable, not valuable, not rare. And ugly. Unless you're really in love with it, pass. If you do buy it, sounds like $200-$300 to me.

15. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

if you like it, make an offer. the people who were selling the wagon i bought originally wanted $1600 for it, then lowered it to $1400. i drove an hour, took a look and then offered $500. they took it. you never know.

16. jmccully

jmccully
    from ms.

well guys...I bought the car this morning. sold the motor and trans this afternoon and got half my money back. I'm thinking about taking out the dash and using it in my model t project. I will probably scrap the rest of the car and hopefully get the other half of money back.