Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. 61falcon

61falcon

[​IMG]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

What's the big deal? Here on the HAMB, people post pics of their Ardun flattys, 427 SOHCs, Hemis, and other engines that cost that or more; not to mention the cars that they go in, some of which are quite spendy. Several guys are saying that Mercury Charlie's Merc, currently for sale, is a good deal at $390,000. It's all part of the hobby, and it's all relative.

-KK

3. madscience

madscience
    from Caro, MI

what does you wheel and tire combo consist of? this is the look i'm going for for my '64. what rims are they? what size baby moons? awesome stance btw.

4. Aussiefly

Aussiefly

Wow, was expecting a spray like that at all!!
    In future I will keep my costs etc to myself.
    Just a quick run down on me as a person. I'm not rich, I have been on a disabled pension after a near fatal motorbike accident in 2007. I am going to beat, paint, wire etc the van myself so I am not a person who "hands over cheques". I don't even own a cheque book!
    They price I mentioned for the engine is a quote that I got from the US. There is way more expensive BB available than mine. If you could build the same motor at 10% of that price good luck to you!
    If you want me too spend my dollars elsewhere and not support the crumbling US economy I will.
    I didn't join this great forum to be a smart arse, I joined to share my build and to look at all the interesting posts "some" of you guys have.

Cheers

5. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Everybody has an opinion, AF. Mine is that you should buy the exact engine you want, keep us updated on the build, and have loads of fun with the car.

-KK

6. 61falcon

61falcon

welcome to the hamb ausiefly, keep the build pics commin even though your steering wheel is on the wrong side. :)

7. Aussiefly

Aussiefly

I'm sorryBigCheese I read the part about the 10% wrong. I thought that you meant you could build my quoted engine for 10% of the price.
    I'm sure you could build the motor to suit your needs and that's great :) but
    my needs r big horsepower & torque which = $$$$$$$.

8. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Ok guys,
    I want to get a rake going and bring the nose down some.I am not wanting something where the ass is ready to be used as a ladder but just enough to bring the nose down.I have some lowering blocks on it now but after looking at the body lines to me the 64 just flows better with the nose diving down,so off comes the blocks.
    I was wondering what is the biggest size wheel and tire combo that I might be able to run in the rear.

Anyone squeeze a 15 in. steely under there without any rubbing issues?

9. BrickTopp

BrickTopp

10. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

Our 64 Hardtop in progreaa- got the windshield in and the carpet is going in on Monday- next is body work fine tuning and we will be ready for cruise night- no trophies or trailer queen- gonna be a road hawg hahahaha :D

Attached Files:

11. DAPER DAVE

DAPER DAVE
    from N/A

Put the 59 Caddy tail lights on the 62 looks great.[​IMG]

12. aussie 42 Wrecker

aussie 42 Wrecker
    from australia

wise words KK.. nice moderation. there's a story behind every story eh? price is only relative to the cost... ( 32 Ford 5W barn find $30K..) I grew up in my dads tow trucks and if you've seen bike crashes up close like I have you'll very well know how lucky it is to survive 'em.... So AF you spend what you bloody well want on that bad arse pano, celebrate the fact you're alive, and when she's done I wanna see a shot of you behind the wheel baggin 'em up!

when I finally figure out how to upload my pics here I have some of my '60 XK sedan that I built in the late 80s / early 90s... First V8 XK regoed here in W.A. 302W Toploader 8" Compact Fairlane diff. (For our U.S. Brothers, Falcons here didn't get the V8 option until the XR in '67 and just a simple conversion like mine where I live takes a LOT of paperwork just to get the "permission" to do it.... rego laws here are very strict...) still have the car...in bits... think I'll give it to my son... IF he's a good boy.

Grant.

13. Like that! Especially the rear fender treatment

14. Aussiefly

Aussiefly

Thanks Grant :)
    I sent you a pm but you must have it disabled.

And yes there will be plenty of burnout action shots when the time comes.

15. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

where did you get those moons from? what size are they?

16. ncctcam

ncctcam

My latest one....

Has a lace/paneled roof but I cant take a decent photo to save my life so I will post some in near future...

Attached Files:

17. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Love the back half on the Aussie falcons.

18. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I meant to say that I love this car way back when it was first posted. Often I miss the front bumpers when they're left off, but not in this case, and the driving lights are a great touch.

-Dave

19. DAPER DAVE

DAPER DAVE
    from N/A

Yeah that is a slick looking Falcon.

20. XKNO1

XKNO1

21. Try a "Rubber Rake" ! Use a taller tire in the rear, about 26.25 inches is about as tall as you can go without getting into the leading edge of the wheel opening. You can gain some more clearance to run a tire a little taller by moving the rear axle centerline rearward. By moving the axle, it will allow for a 27 or 28" tire on the rear - combine this with a 24 or 25" tall front tire and there you go! "Rubber Rake"!!!

As far as a 15" wheel fitting, it all hinges on the width and backspace. As long as the 15" wheel has a similar width and backspace to your original 13 or 14", it will fit fine, but try to stick a 15" from a full sized wagon (usually 15x8") and you will definitely have quite a challenge on your hands. The biggest limit on these cars is fitting for width, and the biggest obstruction is the leafspring. By moving the springs inboard (towards each other) you can gain as much as 2" per side without major tin surgery. Another option is to go with a four link or ladderbar set up with coilovers.:cool:

22. El Tano

El Tano

23. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Thanks for the help.I have some 14/185/70's up front and some 14/195/70's out back for now.Im thinking of running some 205's out back.I need to measure those 15 rims that came off a 67 mustang rear.Im just worried about to tall of a tire and if someone was to be sitting in the back that it might rub but I am definently going play with it and see what I can run after the paint is done.The rubber rake will have to do for now because im tired of welding on it.
    :cool:

24. falconsquire

falconsquire

[​IMG]

Here is my woodie

25. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Rear tires are very touchy on these. I have a '62 which is narrower, and I put a Ranger diff in it and have a 26.25 tall tire on a 15. It is difficult to remove, but once in place, doesn't rub.

26. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Wow! This thread is like the Energizer Bunny...it keeps going...and going...and going...

27. I always wanted one of these 2 dr. sedan deliveries or panels. Then one day at Greyslake, Il. swapmeet I walked into one for sale. I mean a friggin' solid, right from Nevada. The asking price was very reasonable, but I had no money anywhere. Just want to kick myself in the ass for passing it up. It was sold in 2 hours.
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

28. 62rebel

62rebel

reflection on the car; am i right? automotive "energizer bunnies".....

i've been redoing the valance panel i made for my '62, sort of a "Shelby" looking jobbie. maybe THIS time i'll get both sides the same size, shape, and contour?

29. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

What are you running 60's or 70's?

30. falconizer_62

falconizer_62