Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reading threads....you ever hold back on a reply?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by INVISIBLEKID, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Possibly OT,and if so,Mod's plz delete.
    Your reading a thread...Somebody asks a somewhat legit question or is (gasp) looking for opinions(ha ha).
    The armchair army chimes in...Saying this sucks or that.
    Maybe the poster is unsure,or doesn't know "what exactally will work".(vague,and broad ranged here).
    I'm reading several threads here,and some people or so full of shit it is making my head spin:eek:! C'mon guys-
    I want to reply sooo badly,but seems to be useless. Why bother kinda thing.
    Anyone feel the same? I KNOW your out there.
    I'm not one to start a shit storm,and am not doing it now,so don't get your panties in a bunch.
    Just some threads on topics are SO opinionated,and talk a bunch of shit,that I want to ask a million Q's to the person who replyied. Why is this or that? An isolated experience,your an idiot,or your letting your ass talk for you? aaarrrggg.Frustrated.
    Thursday night entertainment.Welcome to the internet.:confused:

2. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i was gonna reply to this, but i decided not to.

3. gregga

gregga

This is my first reply in a couple of years because of those opinionated assholes who seem to know everything except why they don't have a car of their own, only criticism of others.

4. I'm with you. Most times I just don't want to be flamed by the guy with 120,000 post that started just last year.

5. slammed

slammed

Every day!! Lotta FNG the last couple of years. How or what media lead them here?

6. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

"Del" key is probably my bestest bud at times......I feel your pain, brotha

7. Dyce

Dyce

You must have just read the sbc vs flathead post lol

8. mindreader! that's one of them!

9. r8odecay

r8odecay

I generally type up a full reply, look at it, and say ,...nah. fuch it...

10. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I just don't care that people know that I don't know crap! I think I done pretty good on my car with my lack of knowledge. Hell, I built a whole motor by asking questions. Only way to know is by asking. Just take a gander at the the threads I have started.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  11. primed34

primed34

x2:D

12. r8odecay

r8odecay

hey man, those are the types of super valid questions and threads that are needed here... Lots more in the same boat looking for the same answers on things like HOW TO BEST BUILD MY ENGINE. The stuff that I post then delete on is always some drama thread based on preferences or egos or whatever....

shit, is this going to be one of those threads????

13. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

One line comes to mind.............

Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one (or is one???)

14. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

15. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

There's a key named after me? Sweet.

16. Sometimes I type up a reply, then I hit the back key without

17. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

I kind of like the one

If asshole could fly this place would be the worlds largest airport

18. I never used to hold back on a reply, weather it be helpfull or just opinion.
    After a few years here, ive calmed the f#*k down, and after getting my hand smacked for repling to drama posts, i stopped doing that. :D
    After all, i like the idea of, if you got nothing nice to say, don't say anything. :cool:

19. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Everyone has their own opinion, unfortunately that includes the uninformed, So i always figure i might as well throw my opinion out there because even though i'm a young guy i've been there read, seen, and am doing it better than most.

Really the thing that seperates the uniformed on here and makes them stand out like a sore thumb is if they only know what they've read in magizines (even if it is a lot) or if they've learned it from the old timers, old mags, and 1st hand experience

20. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

In answer to your question, I do refrain from posting. I don't know enough to be of help to anyone on tech threads, and opinion threads are cans of worms! I will only post on those if it is something I feel very strongly about. Like kiwijeff said, "If you don't have something nice to say...". Most of the criticism found here is not very constructive.

21. VonKool13

VonKool13

I do it all the time. Especially to the guys who say use the search function. Why? You don't want to talk about hot rods and building them? Then what is this site for? I geuss once a subject is brought up and it has fallen off the first 2 pages no one can ever talk about it again! EVER!

22. I used to think of the HAMB as like hanging out in the garage, after the work was done, we had swept up and opened beers and let it hang out. Ever since I was a pup, the atmosphere in the garage was an escape from the well mannered world. Pin up calendars, off color jokes, and pretty brutal teasing. Now a bunch of crybabies who grew up getting trophies for Participation want to stifle the banter. Posting asking for comments when they are really trolling for compliments. Getting mortally wounded when we don't love their, whatever it is. Silly.

No, the HAMB has been a really great playground, filled with people that I have the utmost respect for. I hate to see it diluted. I want it to stay the cool old small town gas station from my youth that it is. So, I don't hold back. It means something to me.

23. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

i understand exactly what you're saying. some people are here for the right reasons some people are not. dont let the ones that arent get under your skin.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The HAMB is a great thing. You can learn and be entertained. Sometimes both in one thread. I have learned a lot just by reading. Like a lot of things, you have to sort out the bullshit. If I'm bored, I'll chime in on a drama thread just for fun. I have limited knowledge and avoid giving advise on stuff I know little about. My car can't be considered traditional, so I rarely post about it, usually when I have a tech question. Otherwise, I'll add updates to my album, which I use as a jounal.

Are there really people who get a woodie out of their post count? Kinda sad, if that's the case.

25. Muttley

Muttley

Please continue on that course Phil. Guys like you, zman, Nads, Doc Watson, Mazooma1, Bad Bob and countless others help keep this place what it should be. If you dont like it here or think the HAMB should change to suit your taste you are kindly invited to take a long walk off a short pier.

26. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

I can't spell and don't know how to use a spell check. This is mainly why I refrain from posting replies. Did I do it again?

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same here. Lately I feel like I am wasting my typing, especially when I am speaking on issues of safety.

28. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

nope dont hold back, I do however try to be nice every once in a great while.

29. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

I ask questions that I need a genuine answer to. I greatly appreciate the answers from those that have experience or knowledge of the subject matter. I really dislike the responses from those that don't know, but are just guessing or voicing their opinion about what I asked about.

30. I use the H.A.M.B. in the daytime to get and give(what little I have to give) knowledge about traditonal hot rods and custom cars. After midnight, when the booze kicks in, there is a lot of entertainment to be found. I have had a thread or two deleted..."Gasser my Pooltable" and "Kustom my Original Gasser Willys Drag Car" comes to mind. (I made that shit up) I still think we need a Photoshop "Gasser My....." washer/dryer, coffe table, couch, chuhuahua, etc... that would be the shit!