Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Not your ordinary 1940 Dodge pickup build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MillerLite, Jul 3, 2011.

1. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Man that thing looks absolutely wicked! And I feel its more a Hot Rod thats Big Daddy Roth inspired.I mean I'm sure if he were still alive he'd dig the shit out of that thing. Calling it a "cartoon or Rat rod" is a bit harsh. Also Richard,aren't you building a gasser style Corviar? One could argue that its more street freak than gasser but I digress.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. lowphat53

lowphat53
    from Virginia

Great, here he go with the whole "rat rod" thing again... The truck is badass and the dude is sharing it with all of us. If you don't like it or have nothing nice to say, move on and stop coming back into this thread to start crap just so the thread gets removed... Some goobers in here have nothing better to do but complain about what's traditional and whats not and your cars are not traditional either... Get over it! Great truck Miller Lite, keep up the great work and I hope to see it in person one day...

3. cjo13

cjo13
    from SD

AWESOME build. Who gives a shit if some people are too stuck to appreciate it. There are many that are in total Awe. You have excellent skills, and a great looking Mopar.
    Probably should have put a 283 chevy in it or a flathead to make the zipperheads happy. I will say I am jealous of your talents and Ideas.

CJO13

4. I like the way it looked before he started working on it...

5. I'M KIDDING!! I'M KIDDING!!!!

Great job on the truck man! Seriously :)

6. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i dig it! who cares if its tradtional or not. How do you build a 40s dodge pickup tradtional anyways? especially one missing the fenders?

7. Take these eight pages and weed out the few negetive replies and file it under A, for awesome job. Kudos for building the hot rod YOU wanted. You can see from my Avatar what I drive but I like all kinds of hot rods and customs and your truck I like!!!!

8. MillerLite

MillerLite

Again, Thank you guys very much for the support. Talk is cheap, but I know there will always be people that will talk talk talk, but I do my speaking with my cars.

If anyone wants to criticize, show me you have done better or keep it to yourself.

Everyone can say I would, I think, I should, Its not... but those usually are the ones that have cars that sit on a garage for 5 years and end up on the classifieds.

I have built a truck the way I wanted. I did take in consideration era and time related parts in the end I am very happy with her and I believe that someone commented Ed Roth must have been bombarded with "TRADITIONAL" Hot-Rodders at the time and now he is a legend and everyone appreciates hes vision and talent.

If we all build things one way, there would never be innovation and creativity needed. We would just keep copying cars from the past.

My father always says : taste is like a a$$hole, everyones got one and they all stink. SO I build what love...

If you are still wondering she is a good ol' American Hot-Rod, made in America with vintage American parts ;)

Again Thank you all for the great comments!

Miller Mantovanelli

9. MillerLite

MillerLite

Thank you and beautiful car! Wish there were more like yours around here!!!

10. MillerLite

MillerLite

HAHAHAHA very true!

11. MillerLite

MillerLite

LOL you had me there for a sec! lol

12. MillerLite

MillerLite

Great point. Share the same point of view, build what you love. Not even Jesus pleased everyone correct! lol

13. MillerLite

MillerLite

Big Daddy Roth definitely has been my inspiration, for a long time. True talent!

14. MillerLite

MillerLite

Thank you !!! for sure man will come across one of these days, more them welcome to come by the shop and hang out if you ever in town!

15. MillerLite

MillerLite

Took the words out of my mouth !!! LOL they are my inspiration! specially the ones that just talk and have nothing to show :D

16. erlomd

erlomd

so whats up man? anymore progress pics? keep us up to date!!

17. I don't have to like it to say that you do real nice fab work. Is it a rat rod? Not sure, that term seems to still be evolving... But 50 years from now, when people will be building period correct early 21st century things like yours, I bet this will be one of the ones that is revered. Maybe even cloned, if you keep going like you are.

I don't see Roth's influence in your truck, but I do see Dave Stuckey's.

18. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Beautiful work of art! You've done a slam dunk job on that project that you can be very proud of, and you should be, because there are more of us than not on this site that are in awe of your talent. Keep us posted.:D:D:D

19. MillerLite

MillerLite

Nothing major for now, been busy with the machine shop on some large projects and in the shop with the Packard.... Got to pay some bills. I am working on the interior mounting the wiring permanently and making brackets for the air rank and misc. Things

Should see major progress when the windshield frames comes back from the bodyshop, them I can Chrome it, them finishing up minor details and gettimg ready for wet sanding and polish. Pinstriping will be last

Whatever I have I will post right away...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  20. MillerLite

MillerLite

Thank you, really appreciate the inspiring words ... love to see some feedback outside the forums.

Updates coming in the next weeks....got to pay so:Dme bills and actually work on customers cars lol

21. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Damn, looks mean. That motor is A+! Quality is over top. Have fun with your ride. Sure it will scream!

22. jipp

jipp

i personally do not like most of what roth did. i just cant get into them crazy bubble tops.. but i do like your truck. the whole rat rod and what it means.. and dose not mean.. to the general public.. yes its a rat rod.. hell a 32 high boy worth 80K is a rat rod to them.. whats it mean to rodders.. probably not a rat rod. laughs.. it has all the parts and no rust.. :D it took a rather scary car for me to understand what a rat rod was.. just for example.. it only had 3 lugnuts per wheel.. and this was done on purpose cause it was the only shiney things on the whole rust bucket.. brand new chrome lug nuts.. crazy car.. i think people are associating the slammed into the ground look as a rat rod.. personally.. i think thats more mini truckin than anything.. poor construction build.. lots of rust.. and your think your poo dun stink.. that is a ratrod.. laughs. well one thing about your truck as least the pretty women in white will go for a ride with us.. and not have to worrie about getting rust on there dress. and it has enough balls in the engine for the trashy kind of women to give us the time of day. :D
    keep up the great work, i really dig the truck. and i think it needs some pinstripes :D
    chris.

23. erlomd

erlomd

awesome! the pretty girl in white indeed!:)

24. Jwar10

Jwar10

Hi...looks pretty cool to me. I am a Director at a Senior Care Home and we do a carnival every year. We hire this guy who comes out and sets up a sideshow for us...and he arrived in this just yesterday. Its not at all periodically correct...but who cares? It was a head turner and the young and old loved it just the same. I am looking for a running 1940s Dodge Pickup that I'd like to lower (so that its still able to drive) and do something like this...

Attached Files:

25. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

holy steam punk meets the road warrior , i think the last picture made me run out of frontal lobe capacity , wheres the brain bleach

26. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Can't believe I've been missing this thread. I love the chop man. Looks really aggressive.

27. erlomd

erlomd

good God maker of heaven and earth is that thing ugly!
    i dont even want to re quote that!

28. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Absolutely awesome truck! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. powhatan42

powhatan42

:cool:Great build and an excellent choice for your engine builder Hemi Hanes! All the best on the completion of your dream. Subcribed!

30. 6inarow

6inarow

I wonder how much of the drivers view is obstructed. Safety first, dude