Register now to get rid of these ads!

**57 Pontiac...Junk yard score.** PIX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ponchobilly, Mar 6, 2011.

1. "They are just not making any more of 'em."
    Gotta get what you can when you see it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  2. I did okay.

Attached Files:

3. did you buy all that?
    my dad had a 57 poncho when i was way young (barely remember it) but i think i found his in a junkyard over the summer.....looked like someone drove it in and parked it there:( id like to find a decent 57 poncho

4. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Those are great looking cars. Keep us posted as you get it done.

5. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

do they have any extra trim pieces? I have a guy looking for all the side trim for a cheaptain 2 door.

6. No. Those are what I saw to choose from. I went home with the contents of final picture: 2 fenders, a hood and some grill pieces :)

I wasn't on the look-out for trim pieces. I was looking for good metal. I know there were some pieces here and there for posts and 4-doors. I don't need those, though.

Bil

7. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

So, if you were to buy the complete car ( i don't even know if it is possible) how would it work title-wise?

i think if the yard owner has the titles then these cars are worth at least 3K a piece.

8. bryan6902

bryan6902

So you weren't interested in the lighted fender ornaments from photo #4, post #1? Starcheif decklids are also difficult to find. What a great stash you found, and what you purchased looks real nice!

c-10, I don't think I would give any more than a couple hundred for any of those cars. They seem to have been sitting a good long time and look like good parts cars.....

9. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Well, ok tri-5 pontiacs aren't hot yet, but i think they will be along with the "other tri-5's"---buick and oldsmoboggie.

So, to me, this would be a good investment---buy real low then put one on barret-jackson and poof---the value immediately goes up.

10. The fender ornament would need a new lens and a full re-chrome for each. It was cheaper and quicker to get them off ebay already done. As for the decklids, they seemed stubby to me. I pretty sure my Starchief trunk lid is bigger. Next time I'll head out there with dimensions, and know if I need to purchase another decklid for reserve.

11. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

nice find, good luck

12. robertsregal

robertsregal

Great pictures. nothing nicer than strollin thru the junk yard and scoring some great parts!!!!!

13. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Always have a few spares in the basement for mine!
    Do you still have the leopard interior in yours Ponchobilly?
    We used to have the only 2 '57 Pontiacs at Lead East for years, glad to see you still have yours!

14. Hell, yeah! I would be hard to forget the ONLY other 57. You've had yours for 25+ years also, right?! I've continued to make changes to mine. The interior is still the same and always will be. The drivetrain has been updated. The front end swapped with a TransAm.

I'm stocking up on extra stuff... just in case. The more you drive it, the more likely to share the road with an A$$hole. I hope that day never comes, but I would be foolish to think it never will. Surrounding myself with spare pieces is like carrying garlic to ward off vampires. Without it, I know I'll get bit!
    Bil

15. Welp...you already know how I feel about 57 Pontiacs so I'm super happy for you, finding more parts for yours. I still want another 57 cheiftain hardtop or another tudor sedan.. 1959-60, 389s can move those babys and a muncie will bolt right up with the 59-59 bellhousing.

Attached Files:

16. RacerRick

RacerRick

I am a big fan of canadian 57' pontiacs and have owned about a half dozen of them. They have all the pontiac style, but are built on a 57' chevy drivetrain and frame for easy parts availability.

17. That's cheating!!! Oh, wait... that's kinda cool.

18. Thanx, Rocky! I feel the same way. I'm gonna try the 135mph class at the Loring AFB up in Maine this year. I'm working on a 3point seatbelt and a sitter for the dog. Should be fun!
    Bil

19. 4Speeds4Ever

4Speeds4Ever

I believe last time I was at my local salvage yard in Maine I saw a tri-5 Poncho wagon there for sale.

Yup...scoured my cellphone pics and found it. Not sure how much it was, but I'll check if you're interested. I'm guessing it's a '55?

[​IMG]

20. bryan6902

bryan6902

Thats a 56 ^^^^

21. I sent you a PM
    Bil

22. bryan6902

bryan6902

How long til those are the nicest ones you can find? :(:(

23. Thanx, Lee. Great meeting you in Salina!
    Bil

24. jipp

jipp

cool cars guys.. this has to be a lost gem among 57.. it did not get the air play it deserves it sure moves me way more than a chev 57.. dont get me wrong i dig the 57 chev.. but the ponchos, wowser.. they were pippin in Detroit the day they sculpted up the clay for this sweetie pie.
    chris.

25. Got any pictures of your '57? I love me some Pontiacs:cool: