Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got Passed on I-80 Today by a Traditional...Chris Craft

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41fordor, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

To the best of my limited knowledge, Chris Crafts used Chevrolet engines. My Dad's '58 Century Resorter has a 292 Interceptor though and yes, it sounds really cool with through transom exhaust and the tranny makes a cool whining sound too.

2. umassjj

umassjj
    from MA

Drooling!!!! Man, thats sick

3. blacufo

blacufo

The wood boat Concours is this weekend in Tahoe.

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Sweet boats - we had a twin-cockpit Chris runabout with a Chev 283 in it up at the cabin in Lake Chelan for years. Dad finally got tired of paying the maintenance on it every spring. Sold it for next to nothing 'back in the day'. Spent a lot of time at the wheel of that thing, and skiing behind it.

dj

5. jipp

jipp

the tail lights on the first boat ( original post ) remind me of huge blue dots.. i just cant see the rest of the lens its out of focus.. laughs.. dunno why i think its a huge blue dot.. nice boats, amazing story about the boats being persevere by the dark cold water and lack of lots of oxygen. she was just waiting for her ghost rider to show up to take off.. even if it took the boat a few decades to do so.
    chris.

6. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

7. donkeyfarm

donkeyfarm

If I'm not mistaken Garwoods bought a train load of Allison v12's from the military to put in their bigger boats after WWII. The concours is really cool they moved the weekend back. Our family vacation was always going on at the same time.

8. RubberGears

RubberGears

9. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Beautiful boat ! I really love seeing the old wooden boats in all their glory . Those days had some of the most beautiful boats that were ever made ! I see them sometimes down on the river where I live .
    Thanks for the picture !

Retro Jim

10. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

" If God wanted fiberglass boats, he would have made fiberglass trees"

11. therein1951

therein1951
    from onsted mi.

I grew up near the detroit river. We had at times a28 foot triple cockpit Garwood and a 18 ft Dewitt. Lots of work. But they are beautiful. There is a big wooden boat show around April every year in Tavares Florida on Lake Dora. Went 2 years ago. Also had a bunch of Amphicars there.

12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Stunning....
    I grew up by Lake Geneva WI, (Graduated in 1962) and had friends from Chicago that took me water skiing as well as many :eek:"Entertaining":D nights on boats just like that.
    WOW...those were the days...
    Cheers......

13. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

For all you dreamers, like me, this one of a kind 19' Double Cockpit Woody could be yours! To big of a project? I have it's little brother also............

Attached Files:

14. britman

britman
    from kentucky

I see the flathead. Tell us about the boat

15. krooser

krooser

16. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Those old wood Chris Crafts are gorgeous. Love 'em. That would be a fun toy, and is on my list if I ever decide to sell my wife and 5 kids.

17. Blacklisted

Blacklisted

That's a cool boat, love the old wooden boats. That show in Tahoe would be cool to see.

18. alsancle

alsancle

Our 62 ChrisCraft with a factory 435 Lincoln. Been in the family since 1963.

Attached Files: