Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys Joliet? who's goin?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, Aug 9, 2011.

1. ...just wonderin who's all goin to Joliet this weekend?
    I may go Sat. only.

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I'm tossing it around in my head, however, I would need to renew my "membership" ($30.00) and the car entry ($50.00) makes for a pricey deal for me. I only live about 20 miles from the track, so I wouldn't need a hotel room.

Another concern, is how many cars will be there? After Louisville, and other stuff going on, I'm thinking it's not easy for many guys to go everywhere these days. Flip side of the coin,...I've got a few grandchildren that really enjoy going to see the cars and the ride in the 37 is also a treat. Personally, I enjoy the ride more than sitting in the sun. Must be getting old. Last year, it rained all day Saturday. Hope the weather holds up this year. Stu

3. I'm trying to make the drag races on Friday night.

4. D-man313

D-man313

I might be going in my 49 pu for sat. only. Just finished the truck up this past weekend so it would be the first good shake down run.

5. michev

michev

Maybe,depending on the weather.

6. Im planning on it, a couple of friends of mine run theautocross and I like to watch them do that. Hoping that the swap meet is good this year.

7. FityFive

FityFive

I plan on being there on Saturday (weather permitting).

8. Are they running the drag races again? I was under the impression Goodguys got out of the drag racing deal.

9. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

There is construction going on both directions on 80, may want to duck off and hit backroads if your car doesnt like slow moving air....fyi.

10. ems customer service

ems customer service

i'm going taking the 54 chevy and the kids, will also have a vendor booth all hambers welcome to stop by.

11. ...weather rite now don't look too promising, but that mite change.

12. mobile chicane

mobile chicane

I cannot decide - Joliet or Symco? Symco should win but I have some other stuff to do in Chi-town and that may win.:confused:

13. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yes, drag racing.

14. i was gonna be there but i spent all my money in louisville

15. Um, yeah Symco should win!?! LOL

Is Joliet giving away a hot rodded 235 Chevy? Will they have Mini Bike drag Races and a pinup contest?

Let's see, they charge $5 for kids 6-12. Really? a 6 year old has to pay to get in? I charge not a dime 12 and under.
    $18 admission, your serious?.....Symco $10 for the weekend!
    They charge $20 a night for camping...Symco $20 for the weekend.
    I'll stop here, cause I don't want to rub it in.

I don't want to hate, but who's the good guy?

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I would pick Kirk! anyday as the good guy

17. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I'll be there all weekend. Running our Outlaw Superstock camaro friday night. Maybe KIRK! will take a photo or two. Someone asked, this is a test and tune run by Rt 66 Raceway, but theres special parking for hot rods, and reserved staging lanes for 1972 and older. See ya there.

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

I won't be there, but Brandon will be.

19. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

will not be there, still tired from the NSRA show in Louisville

20. It's right down the road for me, so it's a no brainer. Thursday night at Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle, Friday all day at the Speedway, Friday night at the drags. All very cool. The weather has been perfect so far. And if ther's a shower on Saturday, my car will get wet.

21. well, I didn't make it to Joliet this year after all, anybody got any pics?

22. lowelife

lowelife

A couple of cool cars there, but the swap was pathetic. That will be the last Goodguys show I go to. $18 to get in, $6 beer $5 lemonade and $8 sandwich, I'll stick to shows that are about the cars and not the money!

23. yeah, kinda glad I didn't go now.

24. gregg

gregg
    from Fulton IL

We went Sunday. Our last one too. Very few cars. Vendors leaving early.

25. Deuces

Deuces

Let's not kill this thread also... Dang!
    Anybody take pics while they were there?? How about postin' some?? Thanks! :)

26. When I see a thread get closed it makes me want to read it. So I read it all, I can see why it got closed. Lots of misinformation, confusion and errors were stated there. Another case of everybody's talking, and nobody knowing. Jeeez. Oh yea.... I was there from the pre-party to the awards. Please don't hate, cuz I had a good time.