Register now to get rid of these ads!

to gasser it or not

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boris, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is exactly correct. Some of you fellas just don't have a clue. This is not Good Guys or NSRA, we are not anything goes here. Sometimes we are tolerant of some things but we are not going to embrace every high zoot abortion that comes along.

This is a traditional hot rod and custom forum. We are all about traditional hot rods and customs. If you do not know what that is use the search function and study. If you still are unaware or unsure then ask or maybe better than that go somewhere where you fit in. We are here because this is where we fit in.

Damn I was looking for something else and this is still alive. Great goobly goop. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter if you like it or you are not following the heard or whatever else you want to say about it, do it at your place. We are interested in traditional cars and that is why we are here.

2. Weasel

Weasel

The beaner is dead nuts right....

3. rick finch

rick finch

Beaner for President.....:D

..............."it's your car do what YOU wanna do"...sure that's okay, but don't come here to the HAMB and expect to be universally loved.;) The way that wagon has been built is O/T.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  4. wetspeed

wetspeed
    from So Cal

And the conversation usually starts with:

Back in the day... :rolleyes:

Check out the Don Montgomery Books, the Gasser Madness Site, etc if you really want to see how it was...

4 doors, Yes. Pickups, Yes. Turbo SBC, Yes (Mallicoat Bros). Wagons... Hmmm

5. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

And so is the Weasel.

6. A lot of the fellas got it right on this thread. The ones that didn't just don't get it. Mayhaps someday they will, until that day the Weasels in this world will have to keep the fire burning.

7. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

So... I could take a 49 Merc and jack it up and put it on 30" wheels, paint it purple and have the Kool Aid guy painted on the side and it would be ok for the HAMB? Hey, its pre 64 right???

I think the wagon if fucking cool as it. While it's not traditional it is a lot cooler than latest hacked up rat rod which is unfortunately accepted here.

He's got a cool, unique body style, made it safe and functional and fast.

What's not to like about it???:confused:

8. I'd put a teardrop scoop on it, some kind of late 60's early 70's wheels and
    make some fenderwell headers (yes it can be done, go high and back so as not to kill to much turning radius)which will fix ground clearanc issues and maybe go more for the Modified Production look.
    I think throwing the guy under a gas truck even though its a '59 (and very unique at that) is a little rough. Some people on this site get really bent out of shape as soon as someones car or ideas don't conform to theirs. I say let the moderater handle it. PS, I like your wagon just fine.

9. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Apparently its not traditional enough, I think its COOL. I think I might make a 49 merc into a donk, paint it purple and then post it lol Oops cant forget the coolaid guy too :D

10. None of the old timers care if its a '59. Although '59 Fords were not really high on the list of desirable cars they did get tweaked on occaision. The problem is that it is a pro street '59 Ford wagon. That would not be a problem if we were the Good Guys or the NSRA and it no doubt would not be a problem at grudge night at the local strip. We are not any of those, some of you guys fall into the "Just don't get it" column.

We are not about late '60s or early '70s wheels, or street beasts or 20" wide slicks. This is a traditional rod and custom forum.

There is nothing wrong with the car, in the proper venue it is probably cool to the bone. It appears to be well built in the pics. But the bottom line is that the only thing even remotely traditional about it is the sheet metal. It is what it is.

Too the fella that made the rat rod reference as an excuse for the car just so you'll know in the future we don't like those either. Those that embrace them don't get it any more than you do.

11. rick finch

rick finch

......some of you seem a bit confused.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

12. Weasel

Weasel

13. rick finch

rick finch

^^^ That about covers it....:D (I believe our work here is done.)

14. I Drag

I Drag

That hoodscoop style is not more than 10 years old.

Will people please back away from the Summit catalog?

15. Sometimes I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of non English speakers. There are many books, video clips, films, magazines articles and people who were there to ask. If you guys are successful at redefining the term Gasser it will only be for yourselves. You ain't foolin' us old dudes. Believe that. We were there. Some of you young fellas make yourselves look stupid. Stupid might be acceptable and even cool now days, but old fellas hate it.

16. And old fellers have all the cool parts. Think about it.

17. kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

Oh man, it's gonna take a while to get that horrible visual out of my head. :eek:AAAARGH!!!

18. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Wait until you see the photoshop I'm working on...

19. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

20. Clik

Clik

How about educating the FNGs before kicking their brains out? We face challenge enough keeping the next generation interested in our thing. At least the guy has a 59 Ford and not a Honda with with a stupid looking exhaust tip and spinner hub caps.

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gasser? No. Lose the pro street look, make it kool with some period touches, then add a wooden push bar front bumper. You know, like they used to push start some of the altereds, diggers, and probably a few gasers too.

22. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

That's the car I was referring too!
    I never knew it actually became a drag car!!!
    Cool to know it is still around. I wonder how Thom is progressing on it.

23. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Cool Wagon, surely not gasser material though. I'd sort of leave it the way it is but that hood scoop is kinda out of place. What fun to blow peoples doors off with a bad ass tubbed wagon.:D

24. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

25. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Cant wait to see it lol :D

26. sheltonfab

sheltonfab
    from Mo

Took the words right out of my mouth

27. sheltonfab

sheltonfab
    from Mo

Thank you, I'm an FNG and am of a younger generation and would love to learn more!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  28. 117harv

117harv

Lets see, can't be a gasser, nope, pro street is out too, street rod is out also, and so is restored as this is a traditional hotrod and custom site. How about just crushing it as it can't find an identity:mad: The car is cool as is, sans injector scoop, but not what the HAMB is about. Like beaner said it doesn't fit here....but with some changes:cool:

It has been said here before...straight axle is any axle that goes from side to side in one piece, non A arm. The axle can have a drop at each end or actually be STRAIGHT, i-beam or tube, it IS still a straight axle.

I'm about to start my lakes inspired T coupe build, it will see a lake at sometime for sure but it's not a land speed racer, i am just using some syling cues from these types of cars. The same with the gasser title, many just take some styling cues from this period....they do look menacing:eek:

29. sheltonfab

sheltonfab
    from Mo

Chuckles, all i can say is bitchin'. i have been stalking this car on youtube for a while now!!:D

30. erlomd

erlomd

dont think so man...i like it low....a gaser would be kick ass too...but looks too good low!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.