Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Inspiration- 54 plymouth savoy - anyone else out there crazy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yetiskustoms, Jul 29, 2011.

1. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Now that pretty cool!

2. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

Put duals on it, best thing you'll ever do to it. I got a more door belvedere also.

3. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

thanks rusty, will do. going to run a slit manifold, and lakes style pipes i think.

4. OLLIN

OLLIN

theres a real cool barris built one, I gotta go to work now but maybe try a search. Ill look for a pic later..

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

6. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

One thing i learned from talking to the old timers about these motors, is when the pipes are out the back you get both pipes at once and it sounds like a tuned exhaust. Opposed to one side at a time. Just a thought, i was going to put lakes on my car but decided not to.

7. Here's another one from Rikster's site:

Attached Files:

8. 73RR

73RR

Send a note when you are ready...;)

9. Makes me miss the 54 plymouth wagon/delivery that I was building and got rid of prior to relocating to the east coast. Good luck with your build...check out pics of mine in the albums portion on my profile page here.

10. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

I always liked the look of these models, also since I owned a couple of mopar 6,s [35 ply and 47 dodge] they never let me down. I,m a hot rodder so I also like them to go, but then the old 6,s used to take me to work just fine. The one car that we had the most fun with was a 49 Plymouth 4dr my buddy bought and it had a 1950 Chrysler 6 with a 38 overdrive floorshift. We even took it to Colton dragstrip and it held its own for awhile. It had somekind of fullrace cam and sounded pretty tuff. Pipes sounded sweet.

11. hkestes

hkestes

Here is a video of my 48 Plymouth 218 with cast iron headers, 2.25 inch duals and 14 inch turbo mufflers. Both pipes out the back. I think it sounds pretty good for an old flathead 6.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hkestes#p/u/5/AxfKQ4KMM9s

12. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

thats inspiring! thanks!