Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Aftermath & A Favor To Ask...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 8, 2011.

1. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Tis better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all.....

No man is a failure who is enjoying life.

It's all good now Ryan......Thanks.....

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. This probably needs a STICKY or a lot of people will miss it. Probably good to also lock it from more postings.

3. It happens Ryan...don't fret! Thanks to you and the talented people who make this place the great cyber-hangout that it is.
    Great people like FLAT-TOP BOB and other moderators help to restore and maintain order and don't receive the appreciation they should.
    Thanks again! Ken/oddrodgarage

4. 1953Plymouth

1953Plymouth
    from Peoria, AZ

Still the greatest site on the net!

5. mgbtc

mgbtc

Stop trying to figure it out, you should be part of some of the computer crashes we have where I work!

6. Tampa 3-W Duce Coupe

Tampa 3-W Duce Coupe
    from tampa

When things go bad I take a short ride in my Duce... Even if it's just a few miles around the neighborhood... A stress reliver for sure... What else could make someone so happy... And all the folks that give you a wave...

7. pcterm2

pcterm2

No apology needed,stuff happens

8. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

I tend to take all this great stuff you created for granted, but it's really wonderful what you've done for us all. Thanks for your hard work and dedication!

9. I'm a new old guy. What you done to fix it after the crash is a short period time is bloody remarkable, It's cool man.

10. I'm trilled! I had a couple of things "for sale" that didn't sell. Then I consider relisting them, but there was all my old ads, and the buyers would refference old outdated info - It got to be a pain in the ass. On the flip side - I would sometimes come across an ad, get excited, and then see the date! We all need to clean up now and again - you just cleaned up a little too much, which is fine with me.

11. billsat

billsat

That old hotrodder Donnie Brasco would say "fuggedaboudit".

12. throwing out the baby with the bath water is not so bad if your on the ground floor thanks for your effort and concern

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  13. customs by jason

customs by jason

dont beat yourself up over it we are all just happy and thankful to have the h.a.m.b back up and running. thanks for the great place ryan

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats it! I'm going to a Tuner Car site!!
    Failure is not an option...........oh...............wait aminute............ Liking buzz box Jap cars is a failure...........
    Hell man it would take a lot more than that to put any of us off the H.A.M.B. as they say 'shit happens', relax man you have built the greatest thing on the internet and a small glitch like that is barely even noticed by the faithful.

Again, thank you for what you have built for us all.

Doc.

15. sometimes hi-tech is no-tech
    a fact of modern life

16. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

This is a good thing, for the very first time I'm going to see what the HAMB O'Dex is, must be like finding a new room in a house you've lived in for 7 years. Thank you for all you and your staff do Ryan to allow us to enjoy life as we know it.

18. Damn, I was scared for a minuite, I thought the tech archive got deleted! Looks like nobody is complaining. Thanks Ryan, keep up the good work. There's always bumps in the road.

19. The H.A.M.B. is integral to me gettin' my ol' girl on the road, and that means everything to me! So you understand how much I appreciate you all being here, warts an' all.

20. flamingokid

flamingokid

Other than my classified ad is non-existent,everything is fine.Thanks for getting it back up so quick.

21. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Perfectly stated.

22. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unlike the USA, this place still has a AAA rating in my book. Thanks for everything doesn't seem like enough to say. I can understand beating one's self up a bit. Sometimes you chase the ghost of perfection and it's not there. The last woodgrain job I did I washed it off a 1/2 dozen times for reasons that Mrs. Highlander and a few others didn't understand. I did. You do. Nuff said...

23. I used this down time to stop the free ride and joined the HAMB - I hope the $50 goes into the new server fund - of for beer!
    Thanks

24. hmmmm i guess i shoulda read this thread before I sent in a message to administration about my missing classified ads. Now I feel like a dumb ass. hahah I'll just list the stuff again.
    No prob Ryan, keep up the good work.

25. slepe67

slepe67

Ryan, I'm a military planner. Stuff happens. You cant plan for everything. What matters is how you work around that hurdle in front of you. You cleared that hurdle and you successfully prosecuted your target. Kudos. The important thing is: did you learn from the entire ordeal? I would say you learned a lot :).

Out of curiosity, how much memory does this website have? Libraray on Congress, look out!!!!

26. hey....don't beat yall self so much....heard that "Cougar" site was down for a little longer last month....

27. sololobo

sololobo

Hey bro, we all were o.k. and you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself. Please rest assured the folks here are always in your corner and are so impressed with the magic world you have created for us. Rock on my league! ~sololobo~

28. tjmercury

tjmercury

I'll admit, when the h.a.m.b. went down I was running around the house pulling my har thinking "what am I gonna do, WHAT AM I GONNA DO!" I thought for sure that I would haveta go out and socialize with "normal" people. Then you got the site back up and running, it was like giving a crack-head a fix. Thanks man keep up the god work saving us from normality! Hard luck hits everyone, you just rose to the challenge and prevailed!