Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 Plymouth Cranbrook!!!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Lakermatt, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Lakermatt

Lakermatt
    BANNED
    from Fresno,CA

Hello all!!! I am working on my first build. A 1953 Plymouth cranbrook that I picked up in Sacramento,CA for 600 bucks!! The car is beautiful with all the pieces !! The guy I bought it from took alot of the parts off to start body work but never put it back together... That's where I come in... I am trying to put this car back together by pictures from the Internet. I am looking forward to seeing your guys stories and pictures to help me with this build. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips on getting this baby back on the road!!! Thanks!!!

2. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Welcome from NorCal!

Best of luck putting that Cranbrook back together!

3. Lakermatt

Lakermatt
    BANNED
    from Fresno,CA

How do I put pictures on this site?? I want to show this beauty off!!

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Easiest way to put pix up may be just "copy" & "paste" for now. Later you can go to the "Advanced" Tab and enter pix from the "Manage Attachments" Section.

Just take your time and you'll be okay. Good luck with the Plymouth ! See my "Album" Section to check-out my Dad's '54 Belvedere that I learned to drive in.

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

5. Muttley

Muttley

Welcome from another Fresno area HAMBer. What part of town do you live in?

6. Lakermatt

Lakermatt
    BANNED
    from Fresno,CA

Hello there Muttley!! I live in northwest fresno. Bullard and marks area. I bought this car about 8 months ago. The guy that had it before me took it all apart in hopes to rebuild it. I bought the car with ever single bolt, trim piece, fixture, you name it... It still has the 217 in it that I did a bunch of stuff to. Not much to the actual engine, just water pump, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and a new radiator. It runs excellent!! I also have had the brakes completely rebuilt. Now I am messing with the clutch.. It seems to be out. My buddy said it feels to be collapsed inside. So in the meantime, I have been trying to puzzle this thing back together by pictures off the Internet. Not an easy task!! I am looking for someone that has some experience in these cars that can give me some advice, as I am new to all of this.

7. LostHope

LostHope

hello from sac! open a account at photobucket.com its free....upload your pics there then under each pic in your album area scroll your mouse cursor over a pic there will be four links in a drop down screen click on" img code" it should say copied real quick in that little box !!come here to the hamb and start a thread and at anytime while typing to enter you pic just right click and paste....hope this helps...also click on your screen name and up load pics to your album...

8. hkestes

hkestes

9. LostHope

LostHope

lakermatt this message was meant for you buddy! i dont own a mopar....

10. 1953Plymouth

1953Plymouth
    from Peoria, AZ

Sounds like you scored a good find. Wished I had it!

11. Welcome from NJ... I dig 50's mopar. good luck!

12. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome from Tennessee!

13. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Greeting from Clifton NJ. Got a 53 Myself

14. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Greetings from Concord/Livermore. Good luck with it

15. Lakermatt

Lakermatt
    BANNED
    from Fresno,CA

It's really great to see people's support and help!! This site rocks!! I will be posting pics soon.. Thanks all !!!