Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by srodder35, Aug 8, 2011.

1. srodder35

srodder35
    from ohio

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I placed a wanted add in the HAMB classifieds and got no hits. I placed it again only this time I added my personnal e-mail address I got two hits both from the UK. They both said they had my part but could provide no pictures and wanted me to send the money Western Union and they would ship the item. Since I got no US hits I'm very leary of these responses since the part was for a 54 chevy. Here is the email address of the one response so if anyone gets a hit from this guy be leary. He may be legit but I think not. Greame Griffiths [[email protected]]

Later folks,
    Srodder35

2. don't money order any thing untraceable to who it is going to . Take your cash and no parts no UK Business at all

3. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Yea that happens all the time. I once on the old barn, after people were having problems with UK fakers, placed a bogus want add for 1944 ford exhaust heat. Got an email from a UK address, "I have a mint 1944 ford exhaust heat for sale... blaa"

Put them on the hook for a few weeks asking stupid questions like, is the exhaust heat fresh.

Just have people pm you here.

4. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

i must get 46 of those a week they are spam

5. brad chevy

brad chevy

Anything that requests anything Western Union beware and delete,no need to report because I have reported a lot of them and they are still at it. Luckily you didn"t fall for it like so many people have.Got one of the good ones the other day saying he was out to sea and wanted his agent to handle the sale but needed account info. I sent a message back (hope your ship sinks).

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I got one of those for a car I was selling, asking for account info. I just deleted the e-mail.

7. George

George

There's a list, no doubt incomplete, of UK scammers thumbtacked in the classifieds at www.hothemiheads.com

8. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Yes,Western union is scammers best buddy.

9. RichG

RichG

Put all this into a message and send it to the moderators and Ryan, they'll deal with it.

10. Mart

Mart

Guys, please understand that these scammers are NOT from the UK. They say they are from here to add some credibility as if they said they are from Nigeria they would have no chance.
    A genuine UK buyer would ask very pertinant questions as it's a very expensive business importing stuff into the UK so a genuine buyer will need to make sure the stuff is bona fide and exactly what he needs.

Mart. (from the UK - Really.)

11. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Mart, that's good to know because we have absolutely no scammers in the USA, what so ever.

Cheers mate and no offense to the queens land.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Except the ones who what to trade you something for the OT here obsolete Dayton Fayette travel trailer brake hub that you are looking for on Craigslist. Some of these scammers aren't brightest pennies in the jar.

13. S.F.

S.F.

most the guys who say they are from the UK are actually in the USA.

14. smarg

smarg

Don't worry about it dude! You guys have skills in the UK to..

You defend your country well. :D

15. everybody knows Nigeria has all the 54 Chev parts

I wouldn't trust them Limeys

[​IMG]

16. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Good one! I'm still chuckling:D:D