Register now to get rid of these ads!

Body to chassis mounting Q

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VoodooTwin, Aug 7, 2011.

1. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Vehicle in question is a 1933 Ford pickup with boxed rails. Question I have is this: what material are you folks using between the chassis rails and the body mounts? I assume some sort of resilient material to allow the chassis to flex a bit while not tearing the tin apart? So what do you use? Wood? Some sort of rubber? School me, please.

Thanks.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Oil impegnated fabric weave, at least thats what i used on my A

3. Check some of the parts suppliers they make a couple different types. I have used both the rubber pads/discs and the woven material that sits on top of the frame rail. It will make it ride better (less road vibrations) and a lot less rattles and squeaks.

4. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I cut material from sidewall of old tires, works good, priced right!

5. On my 34 pickup I replaced the wood mounting blocks with new wood blocks and set the cab on frame webbing material I bought from Dennis Carpenter.

6. 32Gnu

32Gnu

I used webbing and conveyor belt cut to fit.. It was 1/4" thick.. Stamped holes at mounting holes and applied a dab of silicone, clamped and let set up overnight before setting body back on... Raised the body a hair I know but didn't bother my application... Until I go to bolt front fenders on....

7. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

Get it from Mac's. it's the proper 1/8" thickness and comes in a roll. It comes self stick also. About 25 bucks.

8. moefuzz

moefuzz

Mac's sells both the webbing and the correct body blocks for 33 cars/trucks. This is not rocket science, just oem Ford stuff.

9. humpie

humpie

sometime you can't find the proper thickness,so i use a boat trailer roller rubber.you can cut whatever thickness you want with a chop saw.

10. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Thanks for the tip. I checked Mac's site, they offer about 6 different options for the welting....some are oil impregnated fabric, some are rubber, some are 1/4-inch thick, some are 1/8" think. Is it just a matter of personal preference which to choose? Or is there some sort of rocket science to it? :p Thanks again, I appreciate the help!