Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 Orphan Coupe: If you had to take one...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Packard they look great just the way they are

2. tommy v

tommy v

37 nash thats what i'm building [​IMG]

3. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]I like the 37 Nash the best; I also like the sedan as well.[/FONT]

Attached Files:

4. catdad49

catdad49

Studie for me! Cat

5. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

willys all the way the most sought after coupe body everbuilt.glad I got 2 ----1941's In steel.

6. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

Gotta go with the Nash after seeing post #15. Very nice.

7. koth

koth

I choose the Studebaker. That one cool looking car. I also really like that wing shaped rear window design.

8. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

The nash has some nice curves so that is my choice , could easily see that post war custom!!

9. 58biscayne

58biscayne

My dad always said that Mom married him for his Hudson coupe. That would have to be my choice.

10. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

I'm a little partial...NASH FOR ME....But mine's a 36!:D

11. 5brown1

5brown1

Of course I agree with you. Here is my 37 President coupe - only 971 made.
    Oh, I prefer the Studebaker.

Attached Files:

12. Call me crazy but the1937-1939 Talbot-Lago Figoni-Falaschi coupe would make my day!

Attached Files:

13. plhildy

plhildy
    from Clovis, Ca

Oh yah, the Nash looks good, and an AMC 390 to finish it off.

14. duckscrapper

duckscrapper
    from Colorado

My vote is for the Stude, they also made a pkup with the same front sheetmetal. Great lookin cars.

15. tuckpoint

tuckpoint
    from omaha,nebr

Stude back window kills.

16. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

I would have to go with a '37 Nash Lafayette coupe, there was one for sale in Owasso,Ok. about 30 minutes from my home but I got way too much stuff around that will be sold before they get finished. But it was one really cool car.

17. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5brown1,

Man I love those President coupes. I found a '36 in Nebraska a couple years ago. Missing the front clip, but there was a lot there to work with. I tried contacting the owner for months and when I did get in touch with him he didn't know if wanted to sell it or not. I finally gave up.

By the way, your coupe looks absolutely amazing.

Thor

Attached Files:

18. Dave B.

Dave B.

Tough choice between the Nash and the Stude... If I had to choose, the B-pillar and side windows on the Nash would tip the scales in its favor.

19. Quote:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by 5brown1 [​IMG]
    Of course I agree with you. Here is my 37 President coupe - only 971 made.
    Oh, I prefer the Studebaker.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

What's the difference between the President and the Dictator? Wheelbase? Engine?

I love them both!

20. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mark,

The President was the "big" car that Studebaker offered in those years. It had a longer wheelbase, larger engine, and was in general more richly appointed.

While I love the look of the '37 Dictators and the Coupe Expresses, the '37 President Coupe was far more elegant looking. With the longer hood and fenders I think the proportions of the President coupes "flowed" far better than the others which were styled beautifully in their own right.

Thor

21. in 1937 every car built, in my opinion, is beautiful! with all of the art deco/airplane styling it is hard to pick just one but if i have to choose i would pick the stupidbaker. i love how the grill extends down the hood. i converted a '37 4dr into a woody fast back a few years ago!

22. 5brown1

5brown1

The Presidents had a straight 8 and the front end was about 10 inches longer in order to accommodate it. The wheelbase was 125" which I am assuming was 10" longer than the Dictator. Presidents also had the Planar independent front suspension as standard. The dash was also different and more attractive.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  23. Farm Coupe

Farm Coupe

Nash + Kustom = awesome.

24. Pretty biased here too...37 D5 Coupe for me....;)

Attached Files:

• d5.JPG
      d5.JPG
      File size:
      457.6 KB
      Views:
  25. zeaus

zeaus
    from Missouri

This is a no brainer. I found my Nash coupe just a little over five years ago and it was love at first site! I would not trade my coupe for any other car. I feel like it has the best lines of any car! :)

26. I'd be all over that Terraplane coupe like fleas on a dog! That is the best-looking 1937 anything ever built, and likely the best-looking car of the Thirties! They beat a '32 Ford in the looks department, all day long.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Nash Lafeyette. There was one behind the gas station next to my elementary school when I was a kid, I used to go over there on lunch and gaze at it with lust in my heart.

28. tommy v

tommy v

got any pic's

29. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I dunno, the over-allness looks awesome on the Nash, but I like the Stude's grill alot! I can't decide

30. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Hudson Essex like that black one on the first page :) Hopefully I have that correct