Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Dallas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by kduke54, Aug 5, 2011.

1. kduke54

kduke54
    from Plano, TX

Just getting started with a couple of pickups. Always loved these things. Got a 47 Chevy with the 46 body style. ALso bought a 46 Chevy with a 39 coupe front end. It is bagged. Just need the money to finish them both. Post pics of it later. The 47 has a 350 stroked to a 383. Did a lot of clean up on it. Had to have the tranny rebuilt. Added stall converter. Rebuilt back end including brakes. They did burn outs until whole drivetrain shot. Gets better every week. Sure takes time though.

I found the build pics for the 39-46 combo on this site. Too good a deal to turn down. Should take some time even to get started on it. Be patient. I think it will be awesome.

Thanks Duke.

Attached Files:

2. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Welcome from Irving.

Bart

3. Welcome..But tell us about YOURSELF..

4. kduke54

kduke54
    from Plano, TX

I am a computer geek. I build data warehouses for companies like IBM, BlueCross and Discovery Channel. Lost in all corporate politics. Want something mind numbing boring like sanding a fender. Could be happy not ever programming a computer again.

Love pickups. Bought a crazy bagger and found the build pics on here. Hopefully can finish it someday. Just getting started. Always wanted to do this since I was a little kid. I will die a happy man if I get to do a few burn outs in my bagger. What else you want to know?

5. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.... You will find a wealth of information here and a lot of people willing to help you out..... Sooooooo just how HOT is it in Texas now? ;o)

6. kduke54

kduke54
    from Plano, TX

You can walk across our lakes now. Getting close to 40 days in a row over 100. Brutal. Got to add AC to my truck before I can drive it.

7. Welcome from Justin Tx

8. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

welcome from illinois

9. kduke54

kduke54
    from Plano, TX

Thanks everybody.

10. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Tennessee!

11. GlennB.

GlennB.

welcome from east texas. yeah this weather is definitely a killer. i walking into my garage and looked at my motorcycle. thats the most attention its gotten in over a month!