Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Just got to meet Jay Leno

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by I_am_who_I_am, Aug 6, 2011.

1. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

Just met Jay Leno and wore my HAMB shirt. [​IMG]

He's here at Lackland doing a Tour for the Troops, to promote the reserves. The program asked for a few cars to go out there, so my buddy and I went in his Model A and another friend took his too. Jay took the time to talk to us and take pictures, even though it's 105 out here.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

2. 54_BelAir

54_BelAir

3. Johnny Chaos

Johnny Chaos

Jay seems pretty down to earth and has a ton of knowledge. I think when he's done with the tonight show he would be a great host for a car show on speed or something.

4. edweird

edweird

he is the only celeb. i would want to meet and have a beer or 13 with.

5. Looking at jay, he already drank the 13.:eek:

6. See him at Pebble Beach every year...he's just a car guy when he's there till the suit goes on for the awards.

7. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Jay is kind of like Norm Abrams...both of them don't have to worry about what they're going to put on in the morning. :) Norm has a closet full of plaid shirts, Jay has a closet full of blue denim ones. I like blue denim shirts too, but I wouldn't be wearing one when it was 105 out.

8. Willy301

Willy301

I would like to meet him one day, living in Ohio that probably won't happen... I did meet Chip Foose once, also a class act. I know he centers his work in another area of the resto mod world but he appreciates any kind of hot rodding...

9. Very nice, I hope to meet him someday!!!

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

me and jay are actually very close!

when i move my chair closer to the tv!!!!
    cool man, ive always likes mr leno! seems like a real person!

11. I know a couple of guys that have met him. They all said he wa a regular Joe. I think he is just a car junkie like the rest of us. He just uses comedy to support his habit.

12. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

I've met Breeder, He's our HAMB hero:eek: I've even shook his hand and had a beer or two with him....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

HellRaiser

13. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Anyway, seriously I am who I am. Congradulations on meeting Jay. I think all of us would like to meet up with him somewhere out on the road.

HellRaiser

14. boldventure

boldventure

You really should check out Jay Leno's Garage.
    http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/

The most recent video is a '32 Alfa, he drives it at the end and it's got the best sound!
    Amazing stuff every week.:cool:

15. 1953girlracer

1953girlracer
    from Redlands

Jay Leno, Chip Foose and Billy F Gibbons. Great car guys all very down to earth. Been lucky enough to meet all three.

Sent from Chick's iPhone using TJJ

16. I met Jay at a SAAC convention WAY back. We stood and talked cars for about 20 minutes. He met me like a long lost friend. A super regular car guy.

17. Pretty good at his day job too.

18. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He might even be a HAMB member................

-Abone.

19. oldblue1968chevy

oldblue1968chevy

20. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

I was so surprised at how friendly he was. He never once told anyone no. Even when they wanted him to go all the way back to their car and sit in it. He just smiled and said "sure". Only if all celebrities were like him. He just comes across as an average guy, sure he showed up in a private jet.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

21. racer67x

racer67x

seems like Jay would be a natural around this place..ya think he lurks?

22. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

I know one of the owner operators for Horseless Carriage, he hauls a lot of Lenos cars, said theres no one better to work around that Jay, no gold chain with that one, his thoughts are to take cars to a show to let people see,sit and fondle them, he says where else is a young kid going to see some of these cars.

23. Two questions:
    Why couldn't they have picked Jay Leno for the American version of Top Gear? He's certainly more than capable to fill the Jeremy Clarkson type role.

When and why did Billy Gibbons start using his middle initial? Did another Billy Gibbons spring up in the last 30 years?

24. I heard him say once that he's never sold a car. Keeps everyone he buys, right down to his very first.
    Thats impressive.
    If he ever makes it down to the bottom of the planet, id sure love to spend an hour with him.

25. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

Cool +1 ...

26. That is really a great picture. Congratulations on meeting Leno

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

I met Jay Leno because of my acquaintance with Bruce Meyer,.. I met Chip when he was about 14,.. And have seen him and talked to him a whole bunch at Autoramas over the years,... (Actually had to kick him out once,....:eek:)

Every car guy that I have met that is on the top end of the celebrity, "and-or", economic scale, have been just really nice guys. (with rare exception) . Not to mention true ambassadors of Hot Rodding. IMHO

28. You would be surprised who lurks here. :)

29. coop31

coop31

Great picture, his cars are coming to Bristol Motor Speedway next weekend I am curious to see if he comes with them. Really glad to know he is a real car guy.

30. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Thats rad i met him a few years a go my self, Supper nice guy...