Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rebel Riot (Aug 6th, 2011) New Frontier Lounge (Tacoma, Wa)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Jun 26, 2011.

1. I saw this flyer posted on a board outside Dirty Oscars Annex on 6th ave in Tacoma ,Wa . Car Show, Live Music, Pin up Contest, Burlesque. Saw a web address WWW.THEREBELRIOT.COM. No start time on the flyers. Being a member of The Mischief Makers C.C. were are not involved with the show in anyway. I wish the New Frontier Lounge all luck with it. I just thought it was interesting. Cheers !

2. vein

vein

I saw that flyer also! Damn rob your quick on lowdown in T Town. If you go into the website and click down below where it says car, it says what time and how much. I might go and check this show out!

3. I may creep by Eddie Haskell style and check it out.

4. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Seems interesting ill probably request the day off to go since its so close

5. SOLO

SOLO

Interesting to see it's being done at the same time Hotrodarama would of been. They can't even spell Camaro correctly on the flyer for car registration.

6. It is what it is !

7. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

wooo! not to far away :D

8. Well, I'm going to head down to this little car show they are putting on. Is anyone else going to check this out. I just got the Nomad and the F100 back today ( I now can breath) I will have the F100, helping my uph. guy drum up some business, Krazy Kustom Uph. Bob Butler in Tacoma, Wash.

9. LOWMOTIONCARCLUB

LOWMOTIONCARCLUB
    from auburn, wa

we gettin ready to hit up the show..good day for it and away from the seafair crap

10. vein

vein

I might head out that way. just to check it out.

11. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

Great show, well done, definately had the right feel...the only, and I mean the ONLY complaint I had was $25 to register the day of. THAT'S the only thing I can think of that'll kill it...too much, I think.

12. Here are some pictures of show.

Attached Files:

13. Mr.Mopar253

Mr.Mopar253
    from Tacoma, Wa

So im Ryan one of the organizers of this show, I think next year we are going to have to put the price down a bit. But i wanted to say thank you to everyone that came out to the show. we are already talking about next year and the changes that need to be made to make it better. If you have any more suggestions let me know.

14. Ryan, Welcome to the board but your going to get lots of flak if you don't do a proper introduction to the Jalopy Journal. Take the time and please do one. As far as the cost to bring your car into you show. I wouldn't change it. Just because someone complains about the cost ($25) Your show was a good first start, maybe not a HOT ROD-A- RAMA(I'm bias). But word of mouth helps(it will get out in time), and posting to the events page on here will go along way.

15. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Honestly the price was the main reason I didn't bring my car out. Thought it was a bit high for the first year. But that's just my 2 cents.

16. LOWMOTIONCARCLUB

LOWMOTIONCARCLUB
    from auburn, wa

it was a good show..the price wasnt too bad...it was it 1st year so it will grow every year...only bad thing is that i didnt hear about it till like 3-4 days before the show...

17. $25.00 dollars wasn't bad, if that kept your car away ! Well shame on you. LOL ! Car shows aren't cheap to put on ! Thats a fact.

18. Good point hear Ryan, Get the word out ... Hit other shows hand out flyers about your show. Till I saw your flyer on the outside wall of D.O.A. on 6th ave here in T-Town didn't know it was happening. Nice first start, hope it comes around and good luck ! cheers !

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  19. skull

skull

hi from a guy south of T-town,

$15.OO seems to be the going rate for one day shows. l been to many this year and like everyone else, money is tight. if it is over that l don't put it on my to do list.

advertise, go to the local cruz-in's. thursday in dupont the dupont dyno's have one, in lacey on friday there is one and l hear many happening on friday up north.

l went to look at the cars on saturday, l liked what l saw. the pin-up girls are cool with the stuff they do for the troops:D

Later:cool:

20. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

Like I said...just an opinion on the price...the show was great, like I said! Wouldn't change a thing...and the best part, it looks like there is room for some expansion (other lots close by). Hey, in 10 yrs. when 700 cars show up, and there's only room for 500, and you're fighting with the city, and colleges, and bars, and people, about who owns the show, who can come, who thinks they have 'prefered parking', etc...I can say 'wow...remember this show back in 2011 when it was like 50 cars, and cool people and no hassels?!' Just kidding...

Great show looking forward to next year!